Portsmouth - On The Verge Of Liquidation

Undoubtedly.

But one day a club will cry wolf and nobody will listen.

And that's when the house of cards starts to fall.

+1

Only a number of more times this can happen (if not this time) that a certain obstacle to keeping a club afloat won't be cleared and then all of sudden a number of more clubs will start to tumble!

I hope the club goes under for football to wake up and realise that a club can't go about their business in the way Pompey have an get away with it. Hopefully bring in stricter rules governing footy finance (though for some reson ifear this wouldnt happen anyway, not til a big team goes under)

I dont hope the club goes under for the fans however.

Sad day for football if this all comes about!

+1

Only a number of more times this can happen (if not this time) that a certain obstacle to keeping a club afloat won't be cleared and then all of sudden a number of more clubs will start to tumble!

I hope the club goes under for football to wake up and realise that a club can't go about their business in the way Pompey have an get away with it. Hopefully bring in stricter rules governing footy finance (though for some reson ifear this wouldnt happen anyway, not til a big team goes under)

I dont hope the club goes under for the fans however.

Sad day for football if this all comes about!

Football clubs have been running themselves like this for 100 years and will continue to do so unless laws change the only person preventing Portsmouth coming out of administration is the former owner who wants more of the money he is owed back. If you are stupid enough to lend a football club money then you deserve to lose it in reality.

Football clubs have been running themselves like this for 100 years and will continue to do so unless laws change the only person preventing Portsmouth coming out of administration is the former owner who wants more of the money he is owed back. If you are stupid enough to lend a football club money then you deserve to lose it in reality.

True.

Im thinking does the owner get diddly squat if he decides to not sign over the club and they get liquidated compared to now where he'll get something if he signs over (maybe not the amount of money he wants)? is it possible he's doing this hoping for an increase in pay?

If not it seems madness to not sign over before its too late as he wont get out. Unless he wants to cut off his nose to spite his face.

I agree - I just think at this time they wont go bust. Itll be someone with fewer supporters.......

(latics)

Exactly what i was thinking. I agree that football clubs can't carry on the way they are, but it's still far more likely that it'll be a smaller lower league club, who don't have that big a fan base and whose attendances are nowhere near high enough to sustain the club, and who aren't a big enough name to attract investment, that'll go to the wall. ie someone exactly like us. Careful what you wish for. I wouldn't wish what's happening to Portsmouth on anyone.

I still think they'll survive, it sounds like their administrators are trying to call Gaydamak's bluff.