Bournemouth Or Exeter?

I know they're both still a way off yet but i've got to organise days off from work ( Our place moves as slowly as the stadium debacle )

Me and my lad are considering making a weekend out of a trip to the away games at either bournemouth or exeter.

Having never been to either before, we could do with some advice and guidance etc.

Which is better for accomodation, pubs etc?

Any help would be much appreciated, cheers.

I know they're both still a way off yet but i've got to organise days off from work ( Our place moves as slowly as the stadium debacle )

Me and my lad are considering making a weekend out of a trip to the away games at either bournemouth or exeter.

Having never been to either before, we could do with some advice and guidance etc.

Which is better for accomodation, pubs etc?

Any help would be much appreciated, cheers.

Bournemouth is a good night out and has loads of B&Bs and reasonable hotels. It's a bit of a time warp but not in a bad way, and full of filthy fit birds attractive young ladies if that's your thing. Can't speak for Exeter.

Bournemouth is a good night out and has loads of B&Bs and reasonable hotels. It's a bit of a time warp but not in a bad way, and full of filthy fit birds attractive young ladies if that's your thing. Can't speak for Exeter.

Cheers leeslover, bournemouth takes pole position at the mo then. The ladies are....ahem....just an added bonus

* quickly checks to see the missus isn't floating about *

I went to college in Exeter and do a weeks work in Bournemouth each year. If the weather is nice Bournemouth is a really nice place to be, but not sre it will be in march. It is, as leeslover says, full of stunning girls and hen do's as the night life is really good. There is also a few touristy things to do with the nice beach and the bournemouth balloon. Exeter is ok but just full of student on a night out, you could tho stay in Exemouth, Dawlish or even Torquay which are local seaside towns, the weather might even be nice in April. All depends what type of night you want really.

Im going to Exeter game cos i followed them a bit while i was living down there, they also play Plymouth in there local derby a few days before we play them so ill be going down for that.

I went to college in Exeter and do a weeks work in Bournemouth each year. If the weather is nice Bournemouth is a really nice place to be, but not sre it will be in march. It is, as leeslover says, full of stunning girls and hen do's as the night life is really good. There is also a few touristy things to do with the nice beach and the bournemouth balloon. Exeter is ok but just full of student on a night out, you could tho stay in Exemouth, Dawlish or even Torquay which are local seaside towns, the weather might even be nice in April. All depends what type of night you want really.

Im going to Exeter game cos i followed them a bit while i was living down there, they also play Plymouth in there local derby a few days before we play them so ill be going down for that.

Seriously, after the game just looking to have a few pints ( maybe with fellow latics ) and then a decent night out. Don't really want to travel too far once we're there.

My one and only away game last year was Exeter; in the boozers before and after it seemed like a friendly home support, nice old school stadium with uncovered standing behind the goal (or a couple of hundred covered seats at the side if you prefer). Exeter being a Uni City, has plenty of accomodation.

Can't speak for Bournemuff.

Mmm cheers tom.....decisions,decisions.

I'd agree with Tom. Bournemouth's ground is miles away from the centre whereas Exeter's is within easy staggering distance. Seemed pretty good pubs too. Although waiting for a Sunday afternoon plane can be a bit much in terms of things to do in Exeter when you're sober.

NB. I strangely got served by a lass who must have been about ten. I have no idea who was breaking the law there.

Plus that extra to see in Exeter of course you get your normal boozers such as Yates and Weatherspoons which has to be one of the biggest in uk opposite the train station but by the catheral or ruins whichever it was there was some nice cafes and other pubs also.

• 2 months later...
Still considering were best to plan a weekend away trip to.

Never been to orient either so maybe that could be an option too. Is it a good night out around those parts too?

Strictly in a, "making your own entertainment," sort of way. It's always one of the fave OASIS days out but Leyton is quite a way down the list of top holiday destinations.