Purdie to Hereford?

Dean Holden was amazing. Anyone who thinks different should be told they are a very naughty boy, and be made to go to bed without xbox.

Legend amongst men.

Dean Holden was decent the majority of his time with us, but utter :censored: at the end. Many people whoi think they always hated him probably voted for him as Captain in an internet poll back in the day :shock:

Clegg was just :censored:.

Beat me to it Razza; was just about to post up something similar. Clegg was a pretty decent RB for our level; far better an option IMO than some of the players we've seen in that role over recent seasons - a Lomax or Holden (or any of the dross on loan; Seb Hines anyone?). He’s much maligned on here; but under the caretaker management of Shez / Eyresy & TP; he played some super stuff and looked really good. Talberk didn’t like him and he was paid up. But he’s not anywhere near as bad as some make out on here.

Back on topic re: Purdie – whilst I hope it’s true (fresh start for him / much needed waste of a wage of the books for us) at present I can’t see it as Hereford don’t even have a manager in place; they’re being ‘looked after’ by their physio – so i doubt they’re in a position to be bringing in players.

oh dear. superscout strikes again ha.

Oldham fans' inability to put anything into any kind of broader context strikes again.

Clegg didn't live up to expectations, but then the expectation was someone as good as Irwin, simply because he came from United and had a Champions League cap.

Clegg wasn't particularly :censored: for the 3rd division, but he probably was one of the :censored:test right backs to play in the Champions League.

As for Holden, I'd still love to find out what happened to him. At the time he seemed the right choice for captain, but then proceeded to disprove the theory that a good player doesn't become a :censored: player.

I had the dubious pleasure of seeing him get sent off for Peterboro at Bristol Rovers about 5 years ago. He really was :censored: by then.

Oldham fans' inability to put anything into any kind of broader context strikes again.

Clegg didn't live up to expectations, but then the expectation was someone as good as Irwin, simply because he came from United and had a Champions League cap.

Clegg wasn't particularly :censored: for the 3rd division, but he probably was one of the :censored:test right backs to play in the Champions League.

As for Holden, I'd still love to find out what happened to him. At the time he seemed the right choice for captain, but then proceeded to disprove the theory that a good player doesn't become a :censored: player.

I had the dubious pleasure of seeing him get sent off for Peterboro at Bristol Rovers about 5 years ago. He really was :censored: by then.

He's on loan at Rotherham (from Shrewsbury) and only played once this season.

I reckon PD should have put Purdie on the bench this saturday prior to shipping him out. Whilst promising he would get at least the last 5 mins on the pitch. The reason being the missing 1000 stay aways from 17 months back would have turned up just to see him in the flesh!! missed crowd puller I feel.

So you need to be in the prem or you are a sh** player??

Saying that everyone who is not in the prem is sh** is equally as illogical as saying Clegg was good because he was better than worse players

well that was kind of my point. was getting at if ur think about it logically and in perspective clegg was a half decnt player at our level. if u compare drogba to tounkara theen tounkara is :censored: and drogba is class but tounkara compared to the striker who plays for my sunday league team tounkara is clas and our striker is :censored:. to say clegg was :censored: is just stupid if he was he wouldnt have been payed to play football he was decent at ou level and as someone else said it didnt work out. and when i said in the prem ment in genral players at a higher level.