Affiliate Marketing on OWTB

Sorry - another potential money making post (Im bored!)

What about a section on the forum just for purchasing products E.g Argos - there could be a section of links like Argos and everytime someone buys something off that link it gets tracked back to OWTB and they get a % of the purchase price.

Obviously there would have to be alot more to it than just Argos, but if everytime someone went to buy something online - they could buy it through OWTB... and OWTB makes £

What about a section on the forum just for purchasing products E.g Argos - there could be a section of links like Argos and everytime someone buys something off that link it gets tracked back to OWTB and they get a % of the purchase price.

Obviously there would have to be alot more to it than just Argos, but if everytime someone went to buy something online - they could buy it through OWTB... and OWTB makes £

The Trust already do this, and, of course, because of the connection cannot cross promote. They would in effect be comppeting against each other.

Publiscising the Trust deals, though, is another subject altogether. Not a criticism, just it will get bogged down in personality clashes and needs a seperate thread.

EDIT

Well thy did, that's where I used to go for the Betting Odds Checker site

CAn't find anything now, os maybe it is worth looking at again.

Edited by singe

A bit like Latics Team Card?

(which has a very annoying £10 membership barrier).

Edited by opinions4u

Hang on, while this would be a good money making scheme, what about if someone was to slag off a company involved (keeping with the example- Argos)? Saying essentially that they are rubbish and places like John Lewis are much better. If I was the link at Argos I'd be at the mods to remove that post etc.

My idea was just to have a thread with a list of companies/links that allow affilliate marketing so users of OWTB could looks through the list if they was after something weather it be a tv or clothes etc.

e.g

Argos

Dixons

Debenhams

My idea was just to have a thread with a list of companies/links that allow affilliate marketing so users of OWTB could looks through the list if they was after something weather it be a tv or clothes etc.

e.g

Argos

Dixons

Debenhams

AAH right I see, that's a good idea then, (although I wouldn't buy anything from them)

It would be well easy to set up, however not every merchant would accept you on to their scheme. I run a scheme at work, and I vet all affiliate applications before approving them (some merchants don't, some do).

It's not a bad idea, especially if people remember to follow the links via OWTB before they buy anything. Not sure how much cash it would generate though. I think I am right in presuming Opinons4u is our resident affiliate marketer. How much does he reckon it could make per month?

Also, is OWTB not already doing affiliate marketing? The ad banners on the top of the pages are affiliate banners, are they not?

Edited by dave_ragg1984

It would be well easy to set up, however not every merchant would accept you on to their scheme. I run a scheme at work, and I vet all affiliate applications before approving them (some merchants don't, some do).

It's not a bad idea, especially if people remember to follow the links via OWTB before they buy anything. Not sure how much cash it would generate though. I think I am right in presuming Opinons4u is our resident affiliate marketer. How much does he reckon it could make per month?

Also, is OWTB not already doing affiliate marketing? The ad banners on the top of the pages are affiliate banners, are they not?

Yes but their not really relevant to what you would want to buy on a weekly/monthly/yearly basis

OWTB could become an Amazon Associate for Latics/general football related books etc eg with any money generated going to the Player Share scheme.

Minging life - Rick Holden

Other footie stuff

Amazon Associate

That is if the book or whatever in question isn't available online (for us exiles) or from Latics shop as Rick Holden's will probably be.

Edited by laticsrblue

I think I am right in presuming Opinons4u is our resident affiliate marketer

I use TopCashback on a personal level and tend to make around £100 a year from it. (Sneaky link included for those who want to do the same).

Workwise my company place one or two links with the Quidcos and TopCashbacks of this world to attract business and there is a belief that it taps in to a particular market and I did once run a site for a sports and social club which brought in a couple of hundred quid in income.

But it's not my day job and my knowledge is limited. It does look to me like owtb has some sort of arrangement with an advertising company that uses the space at the top of the page. That may restrict options, but for me if you had half a dozen affiliate links like Amazon, Argos, Play, Currys etc there could be a nice little earner in it.

I wouldn't partake though. Too greedy. I'd carry on using my existing cashback site and make a few quid for myself :wink: .

Don't you get £10 worth of credit on it though?

I think you do. But it's a barrier to wanting to take the damn thing out in the first place!

(You should try using it in Currys or Specsavers. It confuses the hell out of staff!).

Edited by opinions4u

I think you do. But it's a barrier to wanting to take the damn thing out in the first place!

(You should try using it in Currys or Specsavers. It confuses the hell out of staff!).

I've used it in Currys quite a bit in the past. I tried using it a couple of months ago and was told they didn't do it anymore...

I've used it in Currys quite a bit in the past. I tried using it a couple of months ago and was told they didn't do it anymore...

They do. The machine to add points is in the office (assuming it's Elk Mill store). Snipe is the other one that takes it.

Edited by opinions4u

Don't know if this would work at all, but we raise money for free for the footy club I play for through a search engine and buying through a website. I would just like to point out I'm not trying to direct you at links to my club, just showing you what we do! We only have limited members so don't get too much through it, but just an idea...

Search engine

Online retail

How it works

We have links to the retail link at the top of our home page, plus the ability to search in the search engine direct from there.

Also got this email from them today to give you an idea of other stuff they do:

"easyfundraising

Hi David

Here's some welcome financial news - between July and September, our amazing members raised a total of £187,854.63 by shopping with easyfundraising.

Our retailers are aiming to donate half a million pounds during the Christmas shopping period, so now's the time to really push easyfundraising to your supporters so you can look forward to a nice fat cheque in the new year.

Your supporters will spend an average of £773 shopping online for gifts this Christmas which means Douglas and District Football Club could receive around £50 in donations per supporter. Make sure you tell them to shop via easyfundraising - it won't cost them a penny more and they can save time and money by avoiding the queues and taking advantage of our great discount codes.

Our best offers today:

Argos Click here to view this offer at Argos

25p donation

Create a Christmas Wish List and raise 25p for Douglas and District Football Club, get entry into a free prize draw to win £5,000, plus nominate your favourite children's charity to win £5,000 too!

*Expires 22/12/10. To generate a 25p donation you must register, create a wishlist, click 'start wishlist', then 'manage my wishlist', then click on the button marked 'give to child'.

Hotel Chocolat Click here to view this offer at Hotel Chocolat

5% donation

Save 10% when you spend £30 with our exclusive eVoucher code 'EASYFUNDX'

*Expires 23/12/10. Spend excludes delivery.

Littlewoods Click here to view this offer at Littlewoods

4% donation

Get all your kids' presents wrapped up for a fraction of the cost with up to a third off selected toys at Littlewoods!

Visit our special offers page to see hundreds more voucher codes and savings

Check out the great tools available in your Admin Area too - wording and banners for your website, posters, fundraising tips and more.

So easy...so why not?

The easyfundraising Team

www.easyfundraising.org.uk

www.easysearch.org.uk

PS - Like us on Facebook and we'll enter you into a draw to win a year's supply of chocolates from Thorntons, plus a £200 donation for Douglas and District Football Club. If you're one of the 7,000 people who already like us, you're in the draw too!

Simply click on the image below to visit the Facebook page and click the 'Like' button

Facebook Like easyfundraising "

Edited by davemathieson

I use TopCashback on a personal level and tend to make around £100 a year from it. (Sneaky link included for those who want to do the same).

I wouldn't partake though. Too greedy. I'd carry on using my existing cashback site and make a few quid for myself :wink: .

Amazon isn't available for cashback from ANY cashback websites so an OWTB association with them wouldn't affect your (nor my) cashback savings.

Once the association is set up with Amazon which takes about 5 mins. It would only then require a pinned 'Amazon' topic containing links to Amazon products.

Amazon isn't available for cashback from ANY cashback websites so an OWTB association with them wouldn't affect your (nor my) cashback savings.

Once the association is set up with Amazon which takes about 5 mins. It would only then require a pinned 'Amazon' topic containing links to Amazon products.

Nectar.