The Biffos

Just found this on Urban Dictionary:

Irish slang for a "Big Ignorant F** from Offaly" but feel free to substitute your city of choice... It's especially handy when the BIFFO doesn't know you're insulting him (or her), and even better when they shorten it for themselves and asked to be called "Bif"

Edited by wardlelatic

To be honest its a term Hornets use against your rugby supporters but weve nicked it off em.

I was going to say it's nothing to do with Latics fans being 'arrogant'. As our Dale visitor points out it was Rochdale Hornet terminology.

Not sure what we've got to be arrogant about either :unsure:

Big ignorant f** from Oldham

Can I still be called this seeing as I'm from Rochdale ?

I pointed this out to a few Dale lads in Leyton Sat, I was on my way back from the gym in Latics shorts and they called me a Biffo! It kind of confused them when I said I was for Rochdale!!!

They did ask why I didn't support 'Dale' ....... I can you honestly answer that without upsetting them!

Can I still be called this seeing as I'm from Rochdale ?

I pointed this out to a few Dale lads in Leyton Sat, I was on my way back from the gym in Latics shorts and they called me a Biffo! It kind of confused them when I said I was for Rochdale!!!

They did ask why I didn't support 'Dale' ....... I can you honestly answer that without upsetting them!

hahahahah....

id rather be called a biffo than yoner....so if your not very big and come from oldham does that make you a liffo????

i have always affectionately called rochdolians six fingered banjo players over the years like there burnley counterparts....

In the Church Inn before the game, it was amusing to hear the Dale fans singing "small town in Royton" and "you've only come to see O'Grady!", but I found their most ironic chant to be hilarious - "Premier League and you f****d it up!". :laught30:

We had joint renditions of "One Ernie Cooksey!" before the Dale fans left the pub when their last request of "Oldham give us a song" showed they were grossly outnumbered by Latics fans in full voice on a variety of songs. :grin: