I can't imagine that we would be charged again. If you have lost your stub, then hard cheese - that's your fault, otherwise there shouldn't be a problem.

When will they play it? I can't see it being played before Christmas other than next week?

When would FA Cup replays be if they were needed? Not sure next week would be an option!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All depends if am working or not suppose if both teams get eliminated from the fa cup this weekend (which i hope does not happen) there will be a free Saturday coming up. Am with you not the fans fault this match was called off, fact there is a recession on and not many fans are made of money either.

I say just get it done and out the way. With any potential faffing around over tickets they could do without delaying the game.

Decide tomorrow morning to play the game on Tuesday night of next week. All those with stubs get in on the gate. Those who want their money back for their ticket return it to BP (or Spotland if you're a Dale fan) by Monday 12 noon so it has time to be resold.

If Rochdale announce they are to charge again and whilst it doesn't sit well with me to leave the boys alone. I would hope that the club or at least the fans boycott the replay. With the boys vowing to win it for the fans. Further that every game played at Spotland for the next five season period also.

I was offered a ticket for tonight's game - but I had this feeling that the weather would play it's part so I declined the offer.

I know I wasn't there and didn't see the conditions for myself but I find it strange that the conditions deteriorated so much within 10 minutes. Surely, the conditions (and the immediate weather forecast) must have been obvious before kick-off.

The cynic in me is saying that the game started to avoid having to reimburse ticket holders - I'm pretty sure that an abandoned game is treated as having been played rather than voided as would have been a postponed game.

At the end of the day it's Rochdale's call as to whether they 'honour' the original tickets. The Latics can only suggest they take that option but cannot legally or morally retain any monies paid by the Latics fans.

It'll be interesting to see how it is resolved.

If anything, the rain was starting to stop after kick out. About two minutes after the game was stopped, it had stopped raining. You could see all the water spraying up immediately before the game when stephens was doin some little jumps in the centre circle once the teams came out.

Also, if they do charge us again, then they are going to hit by a shock i imagine when we suddenly decide to change the admission price for away fans on 3rd january. If they charge again then you are able to almost guarentee their will be half the crowd their then tonight.

Also since they didnt need the police to whenever they was paying them until, will that not mean a deduction in the price of policing costs?

I say just get it done and out the way. With any potential faffing around over tickets they could do without delaying the game.

Decide tomorrow morning to play the game on Tuesday night of next week. All those with stubs get in on the gate. Those who want their money back for their ticket return it to BP (or Spotland if you're a Dale fan) by Monday 12 noon so it has time to be resold.

Isn't there a police stipulation that seven days notice is required for a match - hence why cup replays are played in the week following the original match - so a decision Wednesday means match cannot occur before the following Wednesday.

Isn't there a police stipulation that seven days notice is required for a match - hence why cup replays are played in the week following the original match - so a decision Wednesday means match cannot occur before the following Wednesday.

Hmmm, but I'm busy on Wednesday.

So that means Stubs and Tickets?

The stub is what you were given when they tore your ticket at the turnstile. Keep that and you'll be fine.

I can see problems with people posting tickets back to the TO and them getting lost in the post on the way there or on their way back. Bet the staff can't wait to get into work tomorrow :wink:

If you have lost your stub then - gutted.

We had 3200 tickets. The club should exchange the stubs with new tickets up to 2 days before the rearranged game. Any unswapped (so presumed lost) should be then re sold.

Well as I said earlier. If it was to cost Corney I would hope every single Latics fan says thanks Simon but no thanks. Keep ya cash cos it's boycotted.

Cant see it coming to that! I think the league would frown upon the fact that they never called the ref in earlier!

I can see the new tickets being printed by latics rather than by dale. So Dale pay for the police, we pay for the printing of our fans tickets.

As an aside......

This rain is due to go on all week & accrington's pitch isn't the best!!!

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/AwayT...2205819,00.html

URGENT MESSAGE TO LATICS FANS

Latics fans who attended tonight's abandonned npower League One derby at Rochdale are being urged NOT to throw away their match tickets.

Lags beat you to it on previous page mate, who's the fit bird in the picture? Apologies if its yer mam :grin:

The stubs say :1.This ticket is valid for the date shown or the date to which the match is transferred in the event of a postponement.

2. No cas refund in respect of this ticket will be entertained under any circumstances.

Postponement isn't an abandonment.