• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a steward told me that fans who bought tickets, who are unable to attened the replay are screwed!!!!

They might be officially screwed but there could be a black market as it fairly obvious people who wanted to go couldn't get a ticket and some who couldn't go who might be able to for the rearranged game

Listening to local radio on the way back SC is alleged to have told them that Latics fans will not have to pay again for the rearranged match

If this is correct then WELL DONE to Simon and the Club

Corney has prob got Dale by the balls on this one if they try to screw the Oldham fans to pay twice because i bet all the money that was taken from the sales at the ticket office has not been paid to dale yet

Corney has prob got Dale by the balls on this one if they try to screw the Oldham fans to pay twice because i bet all the money that was taken from the sales at the ticket office has not been paid to dale yet

there are league rules on this and if memory serves from previous such experiences, Stoke at home for one, I think there is no obligation on clubs to give money back or allow entry to another game if the original one has started. I think it's down to the club but i may be wrong

Edited by astottie

Wouldn't have thought we could hang on to the money. The game was at Rochdale's ground so surely the money is legally theirs? Suppose we could be b*ggers about handing it over, though.

Not sure what Corney can do about it. Surely it's all down to Rochdale to decide.

Screwing our fans over would certainly create some bad feeling between the two clubs. If they make us pay again, we should charge their fans £30 for the game at Boundary Park.

There's no way Dale will charge their own fans with stubs for admission to the rearranged game so they won't charge ours either.

I am just curious as to whether stub-holders will need to send their ticket back to BP to get a new full ticket or if they can just show their stub at Spotland. I'm sure all will be made clear by tomorrow lunchtime.

Wouldn't have thought we could hang on to the money. The game was at Rochdale's ground so surely the money is legally theirs? Suppose we could be b*ggers about handing it over, though.

Not sure what Corney can do about it. Surely it's all down to Rochdale to decide.

Screwing our fans over would certainly create some bad feeling between the two clubs. If they make us pay again, we should charge their fans £30 for the game at Boundary Park.

Im sure they could think of something if they make us pay for it again.

some guys near me had ripped up their tickets and chucked them and others lost them after they got into the stadium :lol: :lol:

Must admit dont normally take much care with mine once I get in the ground,glad I found it and its dry!!

Someone says on the tannoy it said keep them safe but i have always lead to believe once the game kicks off then its classed as being played therefore your ticket is null and valid.

Hope am wrong anway otherwise alot of fans will be fustrated and annoyed.

Edited by oafctom

I was offered a ticket for tonight's game - but I had this feeling that the weather would play it's part so I declined the offer.

I know I wasn't there and didn't see the conditions for myself but I find it strange that the conditions deteriorated so much within 10 minutes. Surely, the conditions (and the immediate weather forecast) must have been obvious before kick-off.

The cynic in me is saying that the game started to avoid having to reimburse ticket holders - I'm pretty sure that an abandoned game is treated as having been played rather than voided as would have been a postponed game.

At the end of the day it's Rochdale's call as to whether they 'honour' the original tickets. The Latics can only suggest they take that option but cannot legally or morally retain any monies paid by the Latics fans.

It'll be interesting to see how it is resolved.

Someone sais on the tannoy it said keep them safe but i have always lead to believe once the game kicks off then its classed as being played therefore your ticket is null and valid.

Hope am wrong anway otherwise alot of fans will be fustrated and annoyed.

Put it this way if we are told to pay again I'll be writing to the football league and the ref association claiming my money back. There is no way that pitch became any worse from the kick off to it's abandonment.

I can't imagine that we would be charged again. If you have lost your stub, then hard cheese - that's your fault, otherwise there shouldn't be a problem.

When will they play it? I can't see it being played before Christmas other than next week?

Put it this way if we are told to pay again I'll be writing to the football league and the ref association claiming my money back. There is no way that pitch became any worse from the kick off to it's abandonment.

All depends if am working or not suppose if both teams get eliminated from the fa cup this weekend (which i hope does not happen) there will be a free Saturday coming up. Am with you not the fans fault this match was called off, fact there is a recession on and not many fans are made of money either.

I can't imagine that we would be charged again. If you have lost your stub, then hard cheese - that's your fault, otherwise there shouldn't be a problem.

When will they play it? I can't see it being played before Christmas other than next week?

Unless we both get knocked out the cup, then end of November.