Dale vs FCUM

Not yet - I see they lost 2-0 to Chadderton!

But these clubs are straight away going to have more support than any of the other clubs they are put in the same division as, so are likely to have superior resourses to climb the league ladder quicker.

This is what annoys me about these vanity projects. On the one hand, i can see that there's good intentions behind them - from what i know of the bloke who set up AFC Liverpool, he really isn't a tantrum-throwing arsehole, he's a really down-to-earth decent bloke. He still goes to Liverpool's games when he can, but he wanted to set up a team for Liverpool fans who can't afford to go their games anymore. On the other hand, i also know people who are involved with the club whose ground they play at (my dad used to be Prescot Cables's secretary), and like the vast majority of non-league clubs they're constantly struggling to survive. I remember talking to one of them a few months after FCUM started in 2005 and even then they were saying that clubs in their division were losing players to them because there was no way that they could compete with what FCUM were offering them. If their fans have had enough of the greedy league and wanted to get involved with grassroots football, there's plenty of clubs that would be grateful for their support. I can't see how setting up a new club, and diverting desperately-needed resources away from those clubs, is benefitting the game.

Fair play to FCUM for refusing to appear on Football Focus in solidarity with the strike at the BBC though. And it was a goal - there's nothing in the laws of the game saying you can't kick it out of the keeper's hands, and it wasn't dangerous play because his hands were outstretched.

This is what annoys me about these vanity projects. On the one hand, i can see that there's good intentions behind them - from what i know of the bloke who set up AFC Liverpool, he really isn't a tantrum-throwing arsehole, he's a really down-to-earth decent bloke. He still goes to Liverpool's games when he can, but he wanted to set up a team for Liverpool fans who can't afford to go their games anymore. On the other hand, i also know people who are involved with the club whose ground they play at (my dad used to be Prescot Cables's secretary), and like the vast majority of non-league clubs they're constantly struggling to survive. I remember talking to one of them a few months after FCUM started in 2005 and even then they were saying that clubs in their division were losing players to them because there was no way that they could compete with what FCUM were offering them. If their fans have had enough of the greedy league and wanted to get involved with grassroots football, there's plenty of clubs that would be grateful for their support. I can't see how setting up a new club, and diverting desperately-needed resources away from those clubs, is benefitting the game.

Fair play to FCUM for refusing to appear on Football Focus in solidarity with the strike at the BBC though. And it was a goal - there's nothing in the laws of the game saying you can't kick it out of the keeper's hands, and it wasn't dangerous play because his hands were outstretched.

I didn't realise Lawrenson, Dixon, that presenter bloke etc. are all members of the Union of Journalists. Most of the Unions have accepted what the Beeb were offering, its the NUJ that haven't, haven't hence why the bloke presenting the 10 o'clock news last night was a kids presenter from back in the day. Does anyone else see the irony in FCUM expressing solidarity

Exactly, although I would say not being able to afford to go and see the original club is just a disadvantage of supporting a big team and not a reason to set-up another one. What if AFC Liverpool make it to the bigtime? Are they still going to charge everyone £5 (or whatever they charge now) to get in? No one can afford to be a purist in football.

Exactly, although I would say not being able to afford to go and see the original club is just a disadvantage of supporting a big team and not a reason to set-up another one. What if AFC Liverpool make it to the bigtime? Are they still going to charge everyone £5 (or whatever they charge now) to get in? No one can afford to be a purist in football.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching my local team Ashton United beat FCUM earlier this season. Ashton fans outnumbered about ten to one in the crowd of 1069

They didn't have a reason to invade the pitch. Ha Ha

I suspect some of the hating in this thread is rooted in jealousy.

Jealous of what?? I'll take my 1st division club steeped in history and tradition ahead of anything they have to offer, thanks....

I actually have more respect for the Gold and Green scarf wearing lot at Old Trafford than FCUM fans - at least they are hanging around and trying and make a difference to their club.

Oh and FC United. What a scummy little club. They're all red b*stards despite what they preach. Too busy singing about Cantona and Argentina as well as all the other United chants for 90 minutes. Think I heard two songs actually about FC United songs all night. How that goal stood i'll never know.

You only heard two FC United chants?

I heard "I wanna be at FC", "He's Jerome, United's own", "Don't pay the Glaziers or work for Sky", "This is the worst trip", "We're on the march with Margy's army", "I don't care about Rio", "And Fergie said go watch Chelsea." - all FCUM songs.

And the "Argentina" chant is "Margentina", sung to their manager.

Take your :censored:ty Dale tinted spectacles off.

The irony of a Dale fan calling another club a "scummy little club" makes me chuckle.

It's a crazy mixed up world we live in - first we're not allowed to dislike City and now we are supposed to salute poor little 'FC'. FU I say.

Was hoping Rochdale would whup 'em, then I thought - ah well, we can get them in the next round and whup em and then.....

It's a crazy mixed up world we live in - first we're not allowed to dislike City and now we are supposed to salute poor little 'FC'. FU I say.

Was hoping Rochdale would whup 'em, then I thought - ah well, we can get them in the next round and whup em and then.....

Hopefully like they'll get someone like Cambridge, lose, and then we never hear of them again.

Edited by JonesyOAFC

You only heard two FC United chants?

I heard "I wanna be at FC", "He's Jerome, United's own", "Don't pay the Glaziers or work for Sky", "This is the worst trip", "We're on the march with Margy's army", "I don't care about Rio", "And Fergie said go watch Chelsea." - all FCUM songs.

And the "Argentina" chant is "Margentina", sung to their manager.

Take your :censored:ty Dale tinted spectacles off.

The irony of a Dale fan calling another club a "scummy little club" makes me chuckle.

And what is the managers link to Argentina for them to sing that song? Obvious link to United from their singing of Argentina. Also applies to a some of the songs you mentioned.

As Rocky mentioned, their all red bastards despite what they preach, hope they get dumped out next round!

I would think there's a hefty percentage of songs/chants at every club that haven't been created solely for their clubs. Take zigga-zagga, I'm not too sure it's Latics first and foremost. Plus I also think that by singing Margentina that it's a direct poke at MUFC by actually nicking it for their own means. I may be completely missing the point of it here but it makes perfect sense to me.

Fair point, still don't think its escaping the fact that rather than being a club in their own right, they are largely populated by the bell ends from United who can't go anymore either cos they are banned/can't afford it/fed up of Glaizers.

It il be interesting to see how well they cope once the Glaizers bugger off, as i imagine thats why most fans that go FCUM are un-satisfied with the current scum owners.

And what is the managers link to Argentina for them to sing that song? Obvious link to United from their singing of Argentina. Also applies to a some of the songs you mentioned.

As Rocky mentioned, their all red bastards despite what they preach, hope they get dumped out next round!

He's called Marginson, you know, Margentina. For :censored: sake.

He's called Marginson, you know, Margentina. For :censored: sake.

So? im not that f******g bothered what they sing, point is their full of scum fans, no amount of 'well they sing their songs different' will change that!

Edited by Oafc88

You asked for the link to why they sing that!

I did, sorry about that, but my original post posed the question rehtorically. I know thats why they chant it as thats part their managers name but i also feel its part because most of them, if not all, follow United and use it as thats what United sing too.