Latics out of the FA Cup

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jarrett's legs have gone so shove him in the engine room.

Hazell is untouchable, captain, automatic pick...and flippin doggers!

Stephens has earned it now.

Jones tries...sorry...shies.

On the plus side:

We scored two, goal disallowed, post twice.

Winchester.

Er

Morais.

Feeney scored.

I don't have to pay for another ticket this season...result!

Reuben Hazell retire.

E4e

RHYAS

I thought that cup matches were not taken in to consideration when the club sorts out the finances for the season.

So all these people who now believe that we will enter administartation because of a poor 45 minutes are so off the mark.

What has happened we are out of 3 cup competitions in the 1st round of course this is not good but what has happened so far and what Dickov and GT has acheived this season far out ways these cup dissapointments.

Come on guys lets not get to down beat.

Its not setting the right example though is it? weak minded wouldn't be the expression I would use naivety certainly is.

naivety on whos part? im backing Dickov here

it was TWO changes from Tuesday, that team should have won today

So all these people who now believe that we will enter administartation because of a poor 45 minutes are so off the mark.

We recorded a loss of £1.5 million last year. One of the few ways clubs like us can make money is through a run in the cup.

So basically, we're skint and and one of our last revenue streams for this season is gone.

Administration, in my opinion, can't be far off.

I thought that cup matches were not taken in to consideration when the club sorts out the finances for the season.

Of course you don't budget for a cup run but we know that outgoings are greater than income and our main financial backer of the last few years left in the summer. Therefore, a cup run was more important than ever and, unless some mystery millionaire turns up, I fear that a couple of players will have to go in January.

naivety on whos part? im backing Dickov here

it was TWO changes from Tuesday, that team should have won today

Don't get me wrong the players aren't exhalted from all blame they got a rude awakening today so to did the management they have to take a large chunk of the blame for this aswell.

Of course you don't budget for a cup run but we know that outgoings are greater than income and our main financial backer of the last few years left in the summer. Therefore, a cup run was more important than ever and, unless some mystery millionaire turns up, I fear that a couple of players will have to go in January.

With no guarantees that anyone will come in to buy them.

Stephens, furman, taylor are probably the only three players who could generate a meaningful fee, and I think we would be lucky to get 300k for the three of them put together in the current financial climate.

Don't get me wrong the players aren't exhalted from all blame they got a rude awakening today so to did the management they have to take a large chunk of the blame for this aswell.

im not having it that the players where sent out in a different frame of mind than they would do for any other game

the blame lies with the players and nobody else

With no guarantees that anyone will come in to buy them.

Stephens, furman, taylor are probably the only three players who could generate a meaningful fee, and I think we would be lucky to get 300k for the three of them put together in the current financial climate.

Sadly, it may be that a couple of the youth team players have to depart. The current crop are highly rated and a couple of them could command a fee similar to what we got for Eaves. In some ways, that would be more palatable in the short-term than losing one or two of the first team players.

What has happened we are out of 3 cup competitions in the 1st round of course this is not good but what has happened so far and what Dickov and GT has acheived this season far out ways these cup dissapointments.

poor 45 minutes ???? did you miss some of it, it wouldnt have been harsh if we had been 7-0 down after a hour we were dire

Trying to play devil's advocate and be generous to Dickov, maybe he genuinely thinks that if we beat Huddersfield it'll be the start of a successful promotion bid. He's mental if he thinks that, but it's the only logic i can imagine that could explain the team selection for a game we desperately needed to win.

this is the same as mick macarthys mentality at wolves remember last season when he played a weak side at united

so that he could win the league game at home to fulham on the saturday. hmmmmmm

Neither were crowds of less than 4,000. We NEEDED this revenue generated from cup games to pay our way.

How many Trust Race Nights is a good cup run equivalent to?

That was a shocking display under the circumstances. Is there any communication between the board, manager and players? Surely everyone is in the picture...