Risdale at Latics. 10.10 this morning

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are worse things which could happen to the club than Risdale taking over...

And how would Ridsdale taking over relate to your mantra that the club should operate within its means when all he has achieved at other clubs is run up huge debts they can't pay.

I can't think of many.

Ridsdale's involvement in the club would terminate mine and would only make the inevitable crash bigger, messier and more permanent.

Why would it terminate your involvement? Whoever runs the place it's still your club.

I can't think of many.

Ridsdale's involvement in the club would terminate mine and would only make the inevitable crash bigger, messier and more permanent.

But when people talk about the alternatives they are shot down with no credible alternatives offered :wink:

If you want someone who will generate "investment" then Risdale is the man... I talk about us living to our means and I get called a moron...

Its a simple view but you can either do one or the other...

Why would it terminate your involvement? Whoever runs the place it's still your club.

My involvement is tenuous enough as it is these days. I'd want nothing to do with the club while Ridsdale is here, because I believe he epitomises much that is wrong with the modern game. And I'm not sure there'd be a club for me to return to when he's gone.

Well we're going out of business anyway and we dont own our own ground so what harm can Risdale do - we'll still go bust but can do so after spending irresponsibly for a couple of years. I bet the aquarium sellers of Oldham town are rubbing their hands in anticipation.

You either take a gamble on a guy like Risdale, or you live to your means.. In some respects we would probably be lucky if we can get someone like Risdale involved...

Edited by oafc0000

To play devil's advocate here, didn't Risdale source the new investors who took over Cardiff City and consequently paid their debt off (that Ridsdale racked up of course)? Just because he's been seen at the club, the man loathe him or loathe him has a lot of contacts within the game and may just be down as a consultant to source new investment?

But yeah, if he happened to take over the club, I'd certainly be in the 'not best pleased' corner.

:lol:

It isn't though is it... Its nothing to do with us really... As we keep getting told :wink:

You know what I mean, regardless of what the powers above may do and say. We can still influence things but the liklihood of that is dwindling.

You either take a gamble on a guy like Risdale, or you live to your means.. In some respects we would probably be lucky if we can get someone like Risdale involved...

Well I'm all for living to our means and that would get my vote over Risdale any day of the week. However the difference between Corney&Co and Risdale to me is nowt. The end result of both regimes would be exactly the same so I couldnt give a toss between them.

Well I'm all for living to our means and that would get my vote over Risdale any day of the week. However the difference between Corney&Co and Risdale to me is nowt. The end result of both regimes would be exactly the same so I couldnt give a toss between them.

I am with you... My comments back this up...

BUT if you want to play the other side of the coin then Risdale is gold to a club like Latics... Stadium would get built, our short term future would be secured... Long term.....well that is the gamble isn't it...

Well we're going out of business anyway and we dont own our own ground so what harm can Risdale do - we'll still go bust but can do so after spending irresponsibly for a couple of years. I bet the aquarium sellers of Oldham town are rubbing their hands in anticipation.

Coy Carp at £1,000 a time anyone?

Let’s not beat about the bush – we’re in a shocking financial situation; but one that would only get a heck of a lot worse if that awful bloke came anywhere near our club. Do we really instantly want to saddled with millions of pounds worth of high interest loans; because that’s how he financed his Cardiff ‘take-over’ and his shocking management of Leeds is well documented.

I know it’s a perilous situation financially at the moment; but for the love of God; please please please say this is someone making a really poor joke......

tta always said they wont leave us in administraion or sell to the wrong man. so whats to be scared of..

TTA have got us into this state in the first place with their judgment and bad luck. When their hand is forced anything can happen.

I don't think we currently have any say on anything...

Pretty much true although I do think we have a say on somethings. Forcing Penney out due to a lack of season ticket sales is an example, who knows if sales were ok Penney might still be here.

What's worse?

Going in to administration with £4m of debts or going hell for leather, racking up £15m in debts and having a party along the way?

I quite like the idea of Risdale, even though it goes against all by business principles!

The old adage of eating healthy, staying faithful and exercising daily but old Father Time still catches up with us.

Don't know know who said said it (and a bit of artistic licence here) but I want to skid sideways into my grave with a bottle of champagne in one hand, a kebab in the other and a slut sat on my face....if we're gonna die, let's do it style!