Pauls plea for patience

Patience? That bloke has some cheek.

We're bleeding 7th

DICKOV OUT!

We should of won all our games 12-0 and never concede, he's the sole reason why our attendances arn't 10,000 a match.

that and the fact some muppet knocked down the lookers so we cant even fit 10,000 in!

Indeed. Got a feeling tonight is going to be hard work. Exeter will come with the sole intention of not losing, Yeovil style. I much prefer when we play the supposed better teams such as Huddersfield who come to try and win, that way we get an open game and are in with half a shout. If they put 10 men behind the ball and play for a point I fear we'll struggle...

Indeed. Got a feeling tonight is going to be hard work. Exeter will come with the sole intention of not losing, Yeovil style. I much prefer when we play the supposed better teams such as Huddersfield who come to try and win, that way we get an open game and are in with half a shout. If they put 10 men behind the ball and play for a point I fear we'll struggle...

I wouldn't think so little of Exeter. They've won as many times as us on the road this year and would leapfrog us with a win tonight.

I wouldn't think so little of Exeter. They've won as many times as us on the road this year and would leapfrog us with a win tonight.

Ha ha, didn't realise how patronising my post came accross as. In my cack handed way, by saying "the supposed better teams such as Huddersfield" I was trying to avoid being patronising. My point was that I think they will be more than happy with a point after such an awfully long round trip on a freezing cold midweek night, so I can seeing them setting up with that in mind. I genuinely hope they come out and play for 3 points as it will make for a better game and, in my opinion, improve our chances of beating them. When it's left to us to try to break down stubborn 10 man defences I don't think we're up to it...

Ha ha, didn't realise how patronising my post came accross as. In my cack handed way, by saying "the supposed better teams such as Huddersfield" I was trying to avoid being patronising. My point was that I think they will be more than happy with a point after such an awfully long round trip on a freezing cold midweek night, so I can seeing them setting up with that in mind. I genuinely hope they come out and play for 3 points as it will make for a better game and, in my opinion, improve our chances of beating them. When it's left to us to try to break down stubborn 10 man defences I don't think we're up to it...

Dont forget they beat Huddersfield on saturday, they wont be a push over - lets just go at them from the off and see if we can settle ourselves down with an early goal.

Edited by pukka

They're hardly going to come here and play us off the park though.

By their manager's own admission, they worked very hard on Saturday to stop Huddersfield playing and I think we can expect more of the same tonight.

Apparently they were exhausted at the end of the 90 minutes so hopefully, it will be too big an ask for them to do it all over again so soon after. That's if we get at them though because if we don't, I think they could head back down south with another 3 points.

I'm hopeful we can put in a good, 3-point grabbing shift tonight to make Saturday against Rochdale one hell of an important game.

That’s exactly how we struggle; when teams come for the point, get 10 men behind the ball and look for the counter attack (sometimes not even doing that)

I actually don’t think that Exeter will necessarily do that tonight. Cravat / Hat prat Tisdale sets his sides out to play it properly; and in players like Ryan Harley and Jamie Cureton; well, their hardly big bruisers behind the ball types are they? Think that if we get at them ‘on the front foot’ from the start; we can un-nerve them and we’ll be right........

Furman'll boss it, no worries.

I think we're getting a bit carried away, we struggled against Yeovil and Orient already this season and struggled to knock the door down v Bristol Rovers and Colchester and arguably Plymouth. We've been consistent (Accrington apart) since the defeat Brighton, but tonight will not be easy but as long as we have a go, come what may I'll be happy. I think a win is important tonight as Saturday is one of those games where anything can happen and after tonight 5 out of the next 7 are away (Dale, Walsall, Mongs, Col U and Monkey Hangers) which really could be season defining. I'm looking forward to tonight, but being a Latics fan I am cautiously optimistic and expecting any outcome!

Exeter will make it tough but will still play football, we need to be patient and take our opportunities when they come. Plymouth at home and Dagenham away were examples of when we were patient and got the result that mattered.

I think we'll win tonight but it won't be easy. If Penney can beat them so can Dickov.

Exeter will make it tough but will still play football, we need to be patient and take our opportunities when they come. Plymouth at home and Dagenham away were examples of when we were patient and got the result that mattered.

I think we'll win tonight but it won't be easy. If Penney can beat them so can Dickov.

tough tough game tonight...would expect exeter to stump up behind the ball and leave one up front to stifle our play.....

but they do like to have a go as well....so could be interesting....

i think if we play like we did againt huddersfield we will be fine,big game this one,win this gives us more confidence for saturday,win them both and well...anything is possible isnt it.

just hope we do get the win as it would make it 4 wins on bounce for over 4 years!!

I think we're getting a bit carried away, we struggled against Yeovil and Orient already this season and struggled to knock the door down v Bristol Rovers and Colchester and arguably Plymouth. We've been consistent (Accrington apart) since the defeat Brighton, but tonight will not be easy but as long as we have a go, come what may I'll be happy. I think a win is important tonight as Saturday is one of those games where anything can happen and after tonight 5 out of the next 7 are away (Dale, Walsall, Mongs, Col U and Monkey Hangers) which really could be season defining. I'm looking forward to tonight, but being a Latics fan I am cautiously optimistic and expecting any outcome!

Furman bossed it, pity Stephens decided to give the ball away over and over and over and over....... Great player on his day, but sometimes it's baffling how bad he can be when he's off the boil.