DICKOV OUT NOW

Errrrrrrrr, Only joking! :grin:

There were some massive over-reactions on here last night and whilst I understand that everybody was frustrated, as I was myself.......... PD is a young manager with a young team and mistakes will be made. If we had been 3 nil down and come back to 3-3 it would have been a great result, but it was the other way about and thats why it was 2 points dropped and a bitter pill to swallow.

Lets move on and get the 3 points that will see us go to 3rd on Sat'day and more importantly get back to the positives, its been an entertaining season so far!

Errrrrrrrr, Only joking! :grin:

There were some massive over-reactions on here last night and whilst I understand that everybody was frustrated, as I was myself.......... PD is a young manager with a young team and mistakes will be made. If we had been 3 nil down and come back to 3-3 it would have been a great result, but it was the other way about and thats why it was 2 points dropped and a bitter pill to swallow.

Lets move on and get the 3 points that will see us go to 3rd on Sat'day and more importantly get back to the positives, its been an entertaining season so far!

I've quite missed the D&G (Football) lot -- as opposed to the D&G (Boardroom) lot -- on here in the past few weeks, so it was almost nice to see some of 'em back.

I was gutted last night, which was without doubt our worst result of the season, but I fancy us to get our chins up and come out fighting on Saturday. Play-offs here we come.

I've quite missed the D&G (Football) lot -- as opposed to the D&G (Boardroom) lot -- on here in the past few weeks, so it was almost nice to see some of 'em back.

I was gutted last night, which was without doubt our worst result of the season, but I fancy us to get our chins up and come out fighting on Saturday. Play-offs here we come.

Id say losing 5-2 at Peterborough was worse

I didn't see any overreactions, like anybody calling for the manager. I saw a lot of píssed off people just see their side throw away a comfortable 3-0 lead.

Okay okay,

Richie Jones and Warren Feeney should never play for the club again?

We are crap?

Brill is crap?

Exeter the worst team we have ever played in this division?

None of these are overreactions???????

I think all this shows the naivety of many football fans, far more than the naivety of the manager or players.

Fans who claim they want open, attacking football have to accept the bad results with the good. For every thrashing handed out there will be a lost lead and a score draw or high scoring defeat. It goes with the territory. No team has ever managed to adopt an all out attacking strategy without getting battered now and again and without surrendering a lead they possibly should have closed out.

Or perhaps some of the fans who claim they want open attacking football aren't being entirely honest. What they mean is they want winning football and are entirely results led.

Enjoy the rollercoaster, remember the euphoria of being 3-0 up, and put the two points lost down to experience in the knowledge that next time they might hold on 3-2 or make it 4-2 instead. And if possible, stop looking at the table til February and just enjoy the football until the results really start to matter.

......Fans who claim they want open, attacking football have to accept the bad results with the good........

Why?

A defeat I can accept - a bad result (i.e losing a 3-0 lead with just 13 minutes to go) is something else.

Clubs like Man Utd don't accept bad results - example Villa 2 Man U 2 - contrast to Acc Stanley 3 Latics 2.

I'm sure PD & his team won't either - if they do, they are not the guys to take us forward!