Watching european football

I'm taking my nephew to watch Barcelona for his Christmas present (making sure we avoid any Latics games!) does anyone know of any decent company's I can book with. footballbreak.co.uk don’t look too bad price wise but just wondered if anyone could recommend anyone they have used

thanks

I'm taking my nephew to watch Barcelona for his Christmas present (making sure we avoid any Latics games!) does anyone know of any decent company's I can book with. footballbreak.co.uk don’t look too bad price wise but just wondered if anyone could recommend anyone they have used

thanks

Just organise it yourself and no doubt save yourself a packet...

Just organise it yourself and no doubt save yourself a packet...

^

As long as it isn't a big game tickets are freely available (i.e. Real is the only one that will sell out). Don't waste your money with companies selling tickets on.

Other notes, the public transport is awesome so there is little need to stop at or near the Rambles. Ryan Air planes land in Girona, somewhere near Bristol - then it's coach all the way. It's worth paying the extra to land in/near to Barcelona.

NB. I think it is Johnny Punkster who has a membership with them, so he'll know a bit more.

I've never done Barca but lived in Madrid for a while and would echo what others have said, sort your own flights and hotel and you should get tickets without a problem. I'd be surprised if you couldn't buy match tickets on the official site to pick up once you arrive if you want to ensure you have them sorted before you go, although there'll be others who know more about that than me.

I've never done Barca but lived in Madrid for a while and would echo what others have said, sort your own flights and hotel and you should get tickets without a problem. I'd be surprised if you couldn't buy match tickets on the official site to pick up once you arrive if you want to ensure you have them sorted before you go, although there'll be others who know more about that than me.

I thought Madrid was brill. It may not go down well with some on here, but the Bernabéu is the best stadium in the world I've been to. Although York City came close, but I presume that is houses now.

However, I'll repeat myself for the hundredth time. If you are going abroad on a holiday with the intention of watching football - go to Germany. Head and shoulders above England/Spain/France/Italy.

Like someone else says, don't waste your money on all-in-one travel operators. Just book Barcelona as you would a normal weekend away and pop down to the Nou Camp a couple of days before the match to purchase tickets from the booths. It's only the Classico which has a massive demand and a struggle for tickets. Do what we did and tie the trip to buy tickets in with the stadium tour. Well worth it if you've never done that before.

Oh, and if you can try and purchase tickets for the middle tier. Great view, you're away from all the knobheads who go behind the goal in the lower tier and the upper tier really is up in the gods.

Avoid Ramblas on the whole but experiencing it the once is a must. Barca is such a beautiful, big city and the Ramblas is akin to staying around Leicester Square in London. Stupidly expensive, chocka with tourists/stag dos/pickpockets and pretty unpleasant once you've seen off the novelty of it all. The little squares that are off Ramblas are decent, and the Gothic Quarter is sublime for meandering round and stopping off at a cafe bar every now and again.

Enjoy it and absorb all the stunning architecture and views from the Castle/Mountain. There isn't another city like it in Europe IMO.