Khan Vs Maidana

This should be a good fight. Khan is a good fighter, without question. But with his questionable chin, can he really be a top top fighter. I think this Saturday will go some way to telling us. Maidana is not a great, but he is a big puncher and should test Khan's chin. I note that Maidana has lost against Kotelnik, who Khan beat on a unanimous decision pretty easily in 2009.

However, the main fight on 11 Dec has to be in the UFC : GSP vs Koshcheck..

This should be a good fight. Khan is a good fighter, without question. But with his questionable chin, can he really be a top top fighter. I think this Saturday will go some way to telling us. Maidana is not a great, but he is a big puncher and should test Khan's chin. I note that Maidana has lost against Kotelnik, who Khan beat on a unanimous decision pretty easily in 2009.

However, the main fight on 11 Dec has to be in the UFC : GSP vs Koshcheck..

Met Khan at the World Cup , very approachable surprised me really , he had a bloody big minder though

Khan was a raw talent.

He went to wildcard and met Mr Roach. Now he can go on to be a true champ.

I've always doubted Amir, but watching his development since he moved to Hollinwood (USA) the kid looks phenomenal. Have a look at some of his sparring sessions with Pac-Man if they are still on youtube. You can hardly see any punches being thrown they are that quick.

I'm off to Liverpool on Saturday for the 'return of the magnificent 7' Should be decent. Hopefully Warren hasn't mismatched them all too much again.

Khan was a raw talent.

He went to wildcard and met Mr Roach. Now he can go on to be a true champ.

I've always doubted Amir, but watching his development since he moved to Hollinwood (USA) the kid looks phenomenal. Have a look at some of his sparring sessions with Pac-Man if they are still on youtube. You can hardly see any punches being thrown they are that quick.

I'm off to Liverpool on Saturday for the 'return of the magnificent 7' Should be decent. Hopefully Warren hasn't mismatched them all too much again.

I saw them in the build up for the latest Pac-Man fight and he was good, but then again that was always his skill and why he was such a good Olympic contender at a young age.

Sometimes Boxing isn't just about having fast hands there's definately an element of being able to take a hit too, and to my knowledge this has always been an area where Khan might have been lacking (he never got hit in his amateur days).

Amir got floored off Craig Watson (b. Oldham) and off someone else I think as an amateur.

There's a clip of him going down like Bambi on ice somewhere on YouTube.

Khan was floored by Watson in Preston in the amateurs,I know cos I happened to be there.He has a suspect chin but Roach seems to have made him a more rounded fighter.

I note that Maidana has lost against Kotelnik, who Khan beat on a unanimous decision pretty easily in 2009.

A lot of people including myself think Maidana won that fight. Khan should be able to box Maidana's head off.

Wlad Klitschko has pulled out of the fight with Chisora through injury.

Wlad Klitschko has pulled out of the fight with Chisora through injury.

Back injury, the same thing they criticised Haye for pulling out of his fight with the big lumps with.

Be interesting to see if Chisora gets dropped for them to fight someone else.

Can't believe Chisora signed the three fight deal contract if he was to win. You'd get sick of beating them if you did win.

Great edge of the seat fight, Khan comes through that with so much credit, he took Maidana's best shots, didn't quite absorb all of them later on, he was on shakey legs and was pretty close to being KO'd but he managed to stay on his feet, weather the storm and see the fight out. He even came back with some beautiful combo's when put under the pressure. He's the real deal and deserves respect, too many people said he'd get KO'd when he met a puncher and he's just took the best off the hardest puncher in the division and come through it.

Next fight is in April, most likely Manchester, or possibly the Reebok with the opponent being touted as Zab Judah. Then it's back off to stateside for his next two fights, Victor Ortiz and the winner of the Tim Bradley v Devon Alexander fight which takes place Jan 29th.

@Roger - did you stay on to watch Ronnie Heffron?

No I was gutted I didn't too. Watched the Tony Bellough fight then went after that. Couldn't convince my mates to stay after they had watched so many terrible one sided fights.

I was hoping that he would be on earlier but with the Mackin and Cleverly fights going the distance I guess they couldn't fit him in.

He's looked class when I've seen him before.

All his fans were sat in front of us. In fact the best fight of the night was a fight in the crowd they were involved in.

No I was gutted I didn't too. Watched the Tony Bellough fight then went after that. Couldn't convince my mates to stay after they had watched so many terrible one sided fights.

I was hoping that he would be on earlier but with the Mackin and Cleverly fights going the distance I guess they couldn't fit him in.

He's looked class when I've seen him before.

All his fans were sat in front of us. In fact the best fight of the night was a fight in the crowd they were involved in.

I know quite a few of 'em. Rum buggers from St Mary's, a lot of 'em. 200 or so from Oldham according to Farnell.

Only seen the Khan and DeGale fights so far, but will see if I can catch any more of them on boxing-core.com