the worlds gone soft

whatever happened to digging the lines out and playing with an orange ball? can you imagine stanley matthews and co having all these games posponed?

I totally agree - and it's not just football - schools are just as bad! WHen I was a boy, some 17 years ago now, I had to plough my way through the snow. It was expected! It's time for the UK to man up and prepare better for this type of weather, which if we are honest is becoming the norm rather than the abnormal.

Edited by laticsmad

I totally agree - and it's not just football - schools are just as bad! WHen I was a boy, some 17 years ago now, I had to plough my way through the snow. It was expected! It's time for the UK to man up and prepare better for this type of weather, which if we are honest is becoming the norm rather than the abnormal.

Students are stll expected to get through the snow - mostly because most live near the school, its more of an issue about teachers getting their because they live further away.. and the health and safety issues for the surrounding areas..

Students are stll expected to get through the snow - mostly because most live near the school, its more of an issue about teachers getting their because they live further away.. and the health and safety issues for the surrounding areas..

Teachers getting to school was never an issue when I was at school so I don't see why it is an issue now. I work in a hospital but I'm still expected to get into work. I may be slightly late but i'll get there nevertheless!

Edited by laticsmad

Teachers getting to school was never an issue when I was at school so I don't see why it is an issue now. I work in a hospital but I'm still expected to get into work. I may be slightly late but i'll get there nevertheless!

Times have changed.. Teachers live further away now, live to close to the school they teach at now, their almost certain to get terroised (especially if their one of the annoying teachers everyone hates)

And quite a few teachers seem to come live in places Littleborough and Halifax so roads they go on to get here get closed quite a bit.. (according to my teachers :grin: )

Times have changed.. Teachers live further away now, live to close to the school they teach at now, their almost certain to get terroised (especially if their one of the annoying teachers everyone hates)

And quite a few teachers seem to come live in places Littleborough and Halifax so roads they go on to get here get closed quite a bit.. (according to my teachers :grin: )

Fair enough but I don't have to like it :grin:

Imagine what it'll be like in another 10 years. It'll be illegal to leave the friggin house.....

in 10 years people will only leave to work because of this stupid coalition government, everyone will be battling through the snow then to repay all the extra debt we'll have :ranting:

Probably not quite the same, but a measure of how the world is today

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/taxi-dr...6-1225976553305

The road in question has a 1k stretch without lighting; he was smack bang in the middle; his electrics failed; He was forced to drive down the road due to a diversion sign; you could see less than 5 metres in front of you due to the cyclonic conditions!!!

I mean wtf???