Lost 15% of our support to Citeh!

Maybe it justs we didnt have a game for 30 odd days so had no ticket money coming in to help pay?

Corney has shot himself in the foot here - lost 15% of support to a club we're moving closer to.. which he'll probably counter with the corporate facilities etc will self-sustain the club.. think they should hire a PR manager before saying stuff to the press sometimes..

We didn't have the money when we were playing games constantly. We can't afford the budget that was set before the start of the season. This period without a game hasn't helped at all.

Basics I would expect Power, Water, Rates etc...

HMRC???????????? Hope not VAT..... etc... worry.

Funny how there's been no contract negotations with key players who we want to keep, obviously we don't have the financial footing just now to 'negotiate'!

Not a mixed message at all if you believe what the club has said regards to the new stadium. Apparently we will break even annually off the back of the off field activities which would put us in a better position than what we are now. Therefore any further reduction in the number of fans to City wouldn't be of that much an issue in comparison to the loss of fans we are potentially experiencing at this moment in time.

Not a mixed message at all if you believe what the club has said regards to the new stadium. Apparently we will break even annually off the back of the off field activities which would put us in a better position than what we are now. Therefore any further reduction in the number of fans to City wouldn't be of that much an issue in comparison to the loss of fans we are potentially experiencing at this moment in time.

Spot on!

The stadium won't be built in a month of Sunday's with no new owner. The planning permission I presume is just to make us look more buyable for that aforementioned owner. We should at the moment be financially planning on NOT moving rather than moving.

If we were this close to the edge originally then why the hell did we waste money on Feeney? It was daft at the time, and it looks dreadful now he's turned out to be unable to regain his former footballing standards.

As for re-signing Lee, if we can't afford it - which we can't, then so be it. I expect we'll throw money at it though, because TTA/TOA have shown themselves to be economic idiots from day one. Having said that, a fair few on here would rather we risked it and went under rather than kept a community club going. Well, here we go then.

The stadium won't be built in a month of Sunday's with no new owner. The planning permission I presume is just to make us look more buyable for that aforementioned owner. We should at the moment be financially planning on NOT moving rather than moving.

If we were this close to the edge originally then why the hell did we waste money on Feeney? It was daft at the time, and it looks dreadful now he's turned out to be unable to regain his former footballing standards.

As for re-signing Lee, if we can't afford it - which we can't, then so be it. I expect we'll throw money at it though, because TTA/TOA have shown themselves to be economic idiots from day one. Having said that, a fair few on here would rather we risked it and went under rather than kept a community club going. Well, here we go then.

Its not just Feeney- we have been paying the likes of Kelly, Dikaba, Morais, White, Christophe etc. whilst they have qualities are they that much better than what we have?

Its not just Feeney- we have been paying the likes of Kelly, Dikaba, Morais, White, Christophe etc. whilst they have qualities are they that much better than what we have?

Don't think we are paying for white.. and the ones you have mentioned are on basic salaries but with add ons for how well they play so they wont be on to much, players who are on the most at most likely to be Brill, Worthington, Holdsworth, Jacobsen,Feeney etc

Also, how do people know we are not in contract talks with key players we want to keep? Just because the club doesnt publically say we are, we could be behind the scenes.

Don't think we are paying for white.. and the ones you have mentioned are on basic salaries but with add ons for how well they play so they wont be on to much, players who are on the most at most likely to be Brill, Worthington, Holdsworth, Jacobsen,Feeney etc

Also, how do people know we are not in contract talks with key players we want to keep? Just because the club doesnt publically say we are, we could be behind the scenes.

We certainly could be Rob :wink:

You're right...we should listen to Corneys two heads...

Head number 1 - We're losing fans to City hand over fist as they're right on our doorstep and only charge £5 more

Head number 2 - We must move away from the centre of Oldham to Failsworth, near Manchester to save the club

Confused.com?

How is city only a fiver more than Latics? Cheapest ticket for Blackpool game was £44. Fact. I went

How is city only a fiver more than Latics? Cheapest ticket for Blackpool game was £44. Fact. I went

Pretty sure you can sit in the north stand for £26 for any league match at city. Maybe need to buy in advance to get that price. They also do 3 match tickets that I think work out even cheaper.

If that is even remotely true, why isn't every other club doing it?

That's my point even if they are on basic salaries they are still getting paid. Can you honestly tell me Dikaba and Christophe contributed more than Holdsworth/Purdie/Worthy would have done, given the game time. We have decent players (well some of them) for this division either sitting in the stands twidling their thumbs or going out on loan, with us presumably picking up some of the tab. If they weren't good enough our big derby this season would be against Bury as opposed to Rochdale.

I don't have a problem with us bringing in new players, but not when we are supposedly so skint, and we have able bodies in the ressies/kids. If we get rid I can see a lot of our "rejects" playing against us next season.

Whilst not a reject, I think that whilst Jarrett has contributed, the fact that he's out of contract may mean we can't keep him and since we signed him, we've signed 2 new Centre-halfs, had Gregan come back to reasonable fitness (plus Jacobsen in reserve and some of the kids sound like they might be ready to make the transition). Its a weird case with him, but unless we off load Gregan for the rest of the season I can see him going.

That's my point even if they are on basic salaries they are still getting paid. Can you honestly tell me Dikaba and Christophe contributed more than Holdsworth/Purdie/Worthy would have done, given the game time. We have decent players (well some of them) for this division either sitting in the stands twidling their thumbs or going out on loan, with us presumably picking up some of the tab. If they weren't good enough our big derby this season would be against Bury as opposed to Rochdale.

I don't have a problem with us bringing in new players, but not when we are supposedly so skint, and we have able bodies in the ressies/kids. If we get rid I can see a lot of our "rejects" playing against us next season.

Whilst not a reject, I think that whilst Jarrett has contributed, the fact that he's out of contract may mean we can't keep him and since we signed him, we've signed 2 new Centre-halfs, had Gregan come back to reasonable fitness (plus Jacobsen in reserve and some of the kids sound like they might be ready to make the transition). Its a weird case with him, but unless we off load Gregan for the rest of the season I can see him going.

i doubt greegan will retuen...jarrett..well done squat since first 4 or 5 games...out of contract id let him go..cant see any of our other out onloan players coming back...

regarding the off field revenue and why other clubs havent done the same...well the big ones have,thats why they make so much cash....but it all depends on where your stadium is situated and the surrounding area...a lot of clubs are in built up areas where they cant make the most of the fans and the area...bp will never ever get the go ahead to build anything like is possible in failsworth....our current income is based on pay on the days what little corporate box we have and minimal sponsership...

build a shiny new stadium build into it conferencing facilities that operate 6 or 7 days a week,add in other things that operate 7 days a week and thats were ya get your income,and not from the fans.....self sufficiency and then we can throw more money at the team..

So this here shiny new stadium with 24/7 facilities is going to make a clear profit of £2m a year?

I ask again - if that's the case how come everyone else isn't doing it?

without wishing to sound pedantic.but what of the above dont you understand???

everton in prem cant build anything into there ground as its in the middle of housing,like so many of the grounds that have been around for donkeys years..hence when a club builds a new ground its usually away from the spiritual home and into a place where outlets are built,other leisure facilities are built.and instead of clubs getting income from 2 a forrnight if your lucky..they go to getting income 7 days a week.

if your ground is in a built up area how can you incorporate these facilities??? you cant so your limited to your income from football....

So this here shiny new stadium with 24/7 facilities is going to make a clear profit of £2m a year?

I ask again - if that's the case how come everyone else isn't doing it?

Because they haven't got a site as big as we (TTA/Brassbank) have to sell off and raise enough to then purchase a new site where the facilities required to produce whatever income it is need to sustain us can be created ??

I understand all too well.

Fair enough, some other clubs don't have the land available.

I just don't see how some all weather football pitches, conference/banqueting facilities, a bar and maybe a couple of other leisure outlets can clear an outright profit of £2m a year out of thin air.

That's the kind of figure needed to fund the running of the football club.

I can't even see the £1m a year it seems to take to keep the club's head above water.

And when does this magical profit from all those off-field activities stop paying for the development itself and start subsidising the club?

It's pie in the sky.

Edited by garcon

I don't like the thought of moving to Failsworth, but I don't for one minute think TTA haven't done their sums. Why would they spend so much time and money on the project already if it all was just some fantasy ?

2m is probably what is required to sustain us yearly at present. But the whole 2m doesn't have to come from the leisure side. We bring in about 800k from the sponsorship and the other commercial side of things from the club at BP now, don't we ? And that's now, a time when our profile is low in the area.

Edited by Yard Dog

I understand all too well.

Fair enough, some other clubs don't have the land available.

I just don't see how some all weather football pitches, conference/banqueting facilities, a bar and maybe a couple of other leisure outlets can clear an outright profit of £2m a year out of thin air.

That's the kind of figure needed to fund the running of the football club.

I can't even see the £1m a year it seems to take to keep the club's head above water.

And when does this magical profit from all those off-field activities stop paying for the development itself and start subsidising the club?

It's pie in the sky.

Spot on