Dale Game guess the crowd

by the way rocky you still think we have similiar away attendances to rochdale after this ?!?

We do particularly for the southern games. We arent anything special numbers wise when we have to travel more than an hour and get pretty much similar numbers to what dale take. Locally Latics will take more always but that's due to us having more fans.

They'll have about 2,400, which isnt bad given they only get 3,000 most weeks. It's already more than Stockport, Bury used to bring.

The buzz for 'dale fans about this game isnt anywhere near like it was for Oldham fans earlier in the season. When people you'd not seen at BP in years decided to turn up. Not entirely sure why that is, but most 'dale fans dont see us as there new bury yet.

Hopefully there will be about 7,000 there.

We do particularly for the southern games. We arent anything special numbers wise when we have to travel more than an hour and get pretty much similar numbers to what dale take. Locally Latics will take more always but that's due to us having more fans.

They'll have about 2,400, which isnt bad given they only get 3,000 most weeks. It's already more than Stockport, Bury used to bring.

The buzz for 'dale fans about this game isnt anywhere near like it was for Oldham fans earlier in the season. When people you'd not seen at BP in years decided to turn up. Not entirely sure why that is, but most 'dale fans dont see us as there new bury yet.

What makes you think they will bring that many? I would be very surprised if they brought much more than 2000 - as for the Oldham public, maybe the enforced lack of football will add a few hundred to the gate - expect we will scrape 6,500 - really hope for 7,000 :angry:

Can I have a guess

800 from Watershedings and the the slums

50 from chadderton even though most support Utd and citeh round there

100 from Royton

100 from shaw

0 from coppice

0 from glodwick

0 from westwood

0 from werneth

10 from sholver (only iof you lend em 10p)

:grin::grin::grin: Someone from Rochdale calling Oldham slums! Have you been to Rochdale lately? :grin::grin::grin:

this is a very stupid question from one of there fans on the dale forum ...

In the Rochdale end tomorrow is the stand seating or standing...?

sorry but i thought they would of knew that !

To be fair though when was the last time they visited Boundary Park for a competitive fixture? They aren't dubbed the Rochdales of this world for nothing

must of been the night we beat them 4-0, what used to bug me about games back then was the way GMR used to big it up as a massive derby, then they'd go and show Citeh reserves

Yep- we spanked them and if we hadn't taken our foot off the gas at 4-0 up it could have been worse. I don't think GMR realise that Oldham exist and have never bothered with them since we were in the Prem.

Don't think you can give a fair comparison yet - this is, by and large, their first time going to many of the grounds we've been to more than once..in some cases many more times than once.

If they end up bringing 2,400 then I don't think it's too bad, either. Their home crowds have dropped to not much more than that recently. But you would have hoped they could bring nearer 3k - they've took close to that to Bury in the recent past and this is their first competitive match at BP in a long, long time. I'm not sure I entirely agree about their not being a buzz about this game on the 'dale side - I expect you know a lot of 'dale fans, but I know a lot too and those I speak to are well and truly looking forward to this game. I think the problem on their side is that a lot of their fair-weather fans who jumped on the bandwagon when they were playing awesome last year have already lost the buzz and stopped going as much. The hardcore are still pretty excited about this game.

Edited by Yard Dog

Mmm didn't think of that however thatvhow many did they bring doubt it would have been around the 2k mark that they will bring tomorrow.

The one that went to penalties. There was about 500.

Pubs on Rochdale Road should be a bit emptier than usual when sizeable followings are here. Already been in town and the regals pretty busy. Seems most are staying in there for the day.

Giro's dont stretch too far in 'dale, especially after christmas - so doubt they can be affording to pay £2.70 a pint on Rochdale Road. :wink: