"Transfer Watch" Thread

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BWP to Charlton

Just when we thought we had avoided playing against him again this season he signs for Charlton. Good signing for the Addicks. Bad news for Pav. Bristol beckons I think

Penney doesn't want him, reckons he's too similar to Hoskins he reckons and Pav is no target man he says, commenting that he enjoyed his most fruitful times playing off Booth at The Gayfarm. (Exactly what I said when we signed him) Beggars the question then, Why the hell did DP play him as a target man???? Absolute clueless fookwit!

Penney on Pav

Charlton striker Pawel Abbott has been the subject of speculation after playing for Penney at a couple of his previous club.

"Pawel won't be coming here. I brought him to Darlington and had him on a free at Oldham, but even though he's a big lad, he's a similar footballer to Will Hoskins," said Penney.

"He's not the target-man type because he prefers playing alongside a big striker – he had his best spell at Huddersfield when he had Andy Booth alongside him.

"We haven't spoken to Charlton about him."

I think Blackpool have some bollocks moaning about the Adams fee, given the "rumoured" figure (Unsurprisingly Undisclosed) they are reported to have paid for Eardley, which if correct was quite frankly a piss take.

If the ballpark figure I was told we got for Eardley by a sharp-witted gentleman of the Hebrew persuasion was accurate, it does indeed look very cheap, but as he also told me that Eardley's mum had told him that Neal was never going to sign another contract because our fans were so :censored:ty towards him, I guess you just have to roll with it.

Benson

Eccelstone

BWP

Hardly a glowing vote of confidence is it? Sad really, I liked Pav, often he was the only bright spark in a dour season but injury, head being all over the place or not - he threw the towel in for the last 9 games of the season. If it hadn't been for Guy and dare I say Smalley's attacking imfluence, we would have gone down...

Edited by oafcprozac

Hardly a glowing vote of confidence is it? Sad really, I liked Pav, often he was the only bright spark in a dour season but injury, head being all over the place or not - he threw the towel in for the last 9 games of the season. If it hadn't been for Guy and dare I say Smalley's attacking imfluence, we would have gone down...

for a club to bring in a in experianced 20 year old and play him ahead of pav is definatly not a vote of confidence.

for a club to bring in a in experianced 20 year old and play him ahead of pav is definatly not a vote of confidence.

Parkinson had already publicly criticised Pav's fitness and lack of work-ethic this season; you can perhaps understand why Dickov wasn't too worried about losing his main striker so close to the start of the season...

Penney doesn't want him, reckons he's too similar to Hoskins he reckons and Pav is no target man he says, commenting that he enjoyed his most fruitful times playing off Booth at The Gayfarm. (Exactly what I said when we signed him) Beggars the question then, Why the hell did DP play him as a target man???? Absolute clueless fookwit!

Penney on Pav

Charlton striker Pawel Abbott has been the subject of speculation after playing for Penney at a couple of his previous club.

"Pawel won't be coming here. I brought him to Darlington and had him on a free at Oldham, but even though he's a big lad, he's a similar footballer to Will Hoskins," said Penney.

"He's not the target-man type because he prefers playing alongside a big striker – he had his best spell at Huddersfield when he had Andy Booth alongside him.

Penney in not wanting more than 1 striker shocker

If the ballpark figure I was told we got for Eardley by a sharp-witted gentleman of the Hebrew persuasion was accurate, it does indeed look very cheap, but as he also told me that Eardley's mum had told him that Neal was never going to sign another contract because our fans were so :censored:ty towards him, I guess you just have to roll with it.

Aye, sounds about right, we probably got what we deserved.

Some of the brainless numpty's at BP, you couldn't make it up.

The same people who thought Paul Warne was a world beater but never wasted an opportunity to slag Eardley off. :wacko:

:lol:

Surely he knew that Wigan wasnt the warmest of places when he agreed to sign ?!

"The truth about life in Wigan is that there is nothing to do," he told French magazine So Foot.

"It is a crappy place. The town is tiny, and there is no atmosphere. I go in to training, I return home afterwards, and that is all I do.

Could have told him that…. :grin:

Diame has also criticised Wigan's women, claiming Spanish ladies are more attractive - at least during the daytime.

"It is a myth to claim that all English women are ugly," he continued. "But I won't lie, it is rare to see truly beautiful girls when you go out during the day.

78978337.jpg

:laught16:

Edited by oafcprozac

Non-League beckons Dean, what a fall from grace...

could be a good value signing though if his agent can play a bit as you get him as well!

We are open to offers and we will weigh up our options before deciding what club to join.".

Penney on Pav

Bit hard - big striker playing alongside a bigger striker. Tonk & Pav upfront anyone? :wink:

Anybody else heard about this guy?

West Bromwich Albion striker Ruben Reid is set to join Oldham Athletic.

The talented youngster has impressed on-loan at Walsall this season and his form has attracted interest from Blackpool.

The Daily Mail says Reid is on his way to Oldham today.

The striker is expected to sign on-loan for the remainder of the season