Player Ratings Vs Swindon

Here are my ratings on the lads today...

Amos - 7 - Played well, granted not much to do. Commanded his box well and organised the defenders well. Flapped at one cross and kicking can be improved.

Black - 7 - Big improvement, looked alot more steady at the back.

Trotman - 9 - MOTM for me, unbeatable and his sliding tackle on the swindon player was inch perfect.

Hazell - 6 - Played well, looked solid, no major cock ups. Played better than recent weeks.

Lee - 6 - Another steady performance. poor dive to try and get a penalty.

Morias - 7 - Very well played today, swindon didnt know how to handle him. lots of work without the end product.

Furman - 7 - great performance from one of the most consistent performers of the season.

Stephens - 6 - good performance. not his best, couple of passes went awol. brilliant taken penalty.

Evina - 7 - Great running at the defenders, a little bit too much of a lightweight, needs beefing up.

Taylor - 6 - drifted in and out of the game, but when he was in the game he was awesome, excellent goal.

Tounkare - 7 - did well battling the defenders, a little slow in getting his shots off. still time for improvement..

solid performance, not the best of games but three points is still three points... roll on southampton.

Amos - 7 (not much to do, but made a quality save from a well driven shot in the second half)

Black - 6 (gets beaten far too easily out wide but did sweep up some lose balls in the box.)

Reuben - 9 (didn't put a foot wrong and was one half of a very solid centre back display that shut Swindon out)

Trotman - 10 (need i say more?)

Lee - 7

Morais - 7

Furman - 8

Stephens - 6 (once again, showed real quality with most of his passing, but just not involved enough)

Evina - 7

Taylor - 8 (ran his socks off and was apart of any attack we conjured up, good goal aswell)

Tounkara - 6 (he's like Bas Savage, but Bas Savage scores once in a while. decent hold up play from Tonk though)

Edited by PlayItLivo

Here are my ratings on the lads today...

Amos - 7 - Played well, granted not much to do. Commanded his box well and organised the defenders well. Flapped at one cross and kicking can be improved.

Black - 7 - Big improvement, looked alot more steady at the back.

Trotman - 9 - MOTM for me, unbeatable and his sliding tackle on the swindon player was inch perfect.

Hazell - 6 - Played well, looked solid, no major cock ups. Played better than recent weeks.

Lee - 6 - Another steady performance. poor dive to try and get a penalty.

Morias - 7 - Very well played today, swindon didnt know how to handle him. lots of work without the end product.

Furman - 7 - great performance from one of the most consistent performers of the season.

Stephens - 6 - good performance. not his best, couple of passes went awol. brilliant taken penalty.

Evina - 7 - Great running at the defenders, a little bit too much of a lightweight, needs beefing up.

Taylor - 6 - drifted in and out of the game, but when he was in the game he was awesome, excellent goal.

Tounkare - 7 - did well battling the defenders, a little slow in getting his shots off. still time for improvement..

solid performance, not the best of games but three points is still three points... roll on southampton.

You know Hazell is the fan's new boo boy when they call his faultless performance "solid" yet can only afford him a measly 6 rating. :lol:

Amos - 7 - Didn't have much to do, although his kicking wasn't the best thanks to the bobbly pitch and committed himself at a cross first half which he got nowhere near to. Great save at 1-0 though.

Black - 7 - Steady and looked good when we broke forward. Provided a couple of overlaps.

Trotman - 9 - I'd also give him MOTM. Helped keep us orginised and that sliding tackle late in the second half was phenominal.

Hazell - 8 - Back to his best. We all know he can cock up at any point but today he was outstanding.

Lee - 7 - Kept their winger in check forcing Swindon to substitute him. Great going forward.

Morias - 8 - Our best creative outlet. Man, this lad has such quick feet and ran himself into the ground. Wonderful move and cross which led to our opener.

Furman - 7 - Solid and won the ball back plenty of times.

Stephens - 5 - I'd say poor performance. His squandering of possession cheaply was the reason why we were forced to play counter-attacking football all game. Took his penno well, but he's young and you will get performances like this with young lads.

Evina - 7 - Much better than last Monday. Went on some great bursting runs and should have scored with one of them when his powerful shot was beaten away. Another player who fits into Dickov's style seemlessly.

Taylor - 8 - Still had those frustrating moments (such as the meladramatics when he got clipped on the scalp) but scored a blinding goal and a put in a fully committed performance.

Tounkare - 6 - One of his poorest games I felt, where the wrecking ball actually got dominated by a good centre half. Showed us glimpses, but all in all not one of his best.

Despite his vanishing act for the first part of the second half I thought Taylor was excellent today. I'd have given him an 8 on your scale Lee.

Trotman? A 12.

i thought he did well but too many times today he drifted out of the game.

You know Hazell is the fan's new boo boy when they call his faultless performance "solid" yet can only afford him a measly 6 rating. :lol:

well didnt really have much to do and what he did do he is expected to do. it was a solid performance, they never scored did they ?

now if he went past 8 players and then flicked it up did a over head kick then maybe he would of got a 7, being the new boo boy and that :wink:

well didnt really have much to do and what he did do he is expected to do. it was a solid performance, they never scored did they ?

Well, yeah. Apart from keeping the divisions most dangerous striker as quiet as a mouse and won every header he went for, even sometimes coming right out to make sure the danger was cleared. Apart from that, you're right.

Amazing sometimes how we all see the game differently ...i thought taylor had a good day and was involved in most of our better attacks.

Trotman and hazell were solid and our full backs played well.

Tounkare for me is an enigma.....has never really looked like scoring recently and his jumping for a big man is on a par with sean mccarthy...you couldn't slip the oldham chron under his feet!

We ground out the victory, and although not a great spectacle, i'll take it.

amos - 7 - looked good, good save, looks like he could do well when we have him.

black - 6 - good getting forward but he still likes to put his put through it and lump it down the line

hazell - 7 - solid, put the dale clanger behind him and kept austin out

trotman - 8 - slide tackle and bicycle kick at 1-0, as well as stopping austin

lee - 7 - another good game, been consistent all season

evina - 7 - played well in the first half, not great in the second but should have put away his chance.

furman - 6 - didn't play as well as he has, but still effective

stephens - 6 - good penalty but wasn't good before that

morais - 8 - we really need to sign him up

taylor - 7 - great goal and got more involved than he has done lately, should have been subbed to give kelly or feeney a chance.

tounkara - 6 - ran after balls but didnt have a shot i dont think

I thought Stephens was dogsh*t for the majority of todays game and would only rate him 5/10 and thats purely for him scoring.He looked way off the pace,misplaced far too many passes and generally looked like the effort wasn`t there.

IMO he`s looked poor to average for most of this season,bar the opening month.

Would rather we kept hold of Furman and Lee if it was a case of having to sell one of the three during this transfer window.

That's because you're a wigger :wink:

I can't have been the only one who initially misread that post and was horrified. :blush:

I'd go for Trotman as MOTM as well - as gutted as i was that we let Gregan go, if it's freed up a wage to take Trotman on it's a great bit of business. As good as Mvoto's been Trotman looked far more assured today. Thought Taylor and Morais both had great (if not consistent) games as well.

I thought Stephens was dogsh*t for the majority of todays game and would only rate him 5/10 and thats purely for him scoring.He looked way off the pace,misplaced far too many passes and generally looked like the effort wasn`t there.

IMO he`s looked poor to average for most of this season,bar the opening month.

Would rather we kept hold of Furman and Lee if it was a case of having to sell one of the three during this transfer window.

+1 agree with all that i wouldn,t rate him more than 5/10 for most of the matches so far this season,i would have lee in cm with furman

+1 agree with all that i wouldn,t rate him more than 5/10 for most of the matches so far this season,i would have lee in cm with furman

why shift lee from RB when he is such an attacking force coming down the right as a suprise. Stephens is frustrating given his undoubted ability BUT to say "dogsht" is rather harsh. He does need to be involved more but had a lot more ball from the moment Furman harried the Swindon midfield in around the 55th minute which changed the control of the game. Stephens became more influential and just lacked a bit of luck with the final ball.

stephens and a fiery furman are a match for most in this division and we have the best attacking FB in league one in kieren. dont need much change IMHO barring a sniffer alongside Tonk and somebody to explain to the wrecking ball hat he has 10 team mates more than willing to recieve a pass!

How refreshing was the confidence across the back four in the GK (handled fantastically) and the return of the Trotter we know and love!

One thing I would say about Stephens yesterday is that his delivery from corners (excluding the short ones) was exceptional. Our men should be getting on the end of them more.

Really!!! I thought they lacked pace, much easier to get power on the ball when it comes in at pace.

Just an opinion like :wink:

Hazell was much better and led by example yesterday and was much more vocal than I have seen. Well done on putting Monday's shocker behind him, I hope he keeps it up.

Amos - 7 - He settled in well, and also seemed to be commanding the defence, telling them to get out, and what to do. After his punch out late in the game 4 or 5 players made a good point of coming over to praise him. Promising start.

Black - 7 - Good game, seemed more confident. Black and Cedric are forming a good partnership on the left.

Trotman - 9 - Definitely MOTM. Dominant, won the ball well, and great and well time sliding tackle near the end. Gave Austin no chance to shine.

Hazell - 7 - Much better than Rochdale, shoed more of his good defensive qualities.

Lee - 8 - Very good again, good at tracking back, defending, and launching attacks. Player of the season so far, IMHO.

Morias - 8 - Another good performance, he's added tracking back and team awarenesss to his obvious skills, wiht that invisiblestring attaching the ball to his feet.

Furman - 7 - Tidy, no nonsense perfomance, no chance to shoot, but plenty of solid tackles.

Stephens - 6 - Average, where is the Stephens from the end of last and beginning of this season?

Evina - 7 - Glad we've signed him again, though why for only a month? Was ok today, he's got more up his sleeve. You can't be captain of Arsenal's youth team without having something else. He likes the little Cruyff turns in midfield.

Taylor - 7 - Great goal, and a few glimpses of what he can do, more to come. Also didn't do as much ref whinging, which is better.

Tounkare - 5 - Probably needs a rest, but who could replace him from the start?

One thing I would say about Stephens yesterday is that his delivery from corners (excluding the short ones) was exceptional. Our men should be getting on the end of them more.

It is really interesting how people can watch the same game of football and have such widely differing opinions on it isnt it?

Answering OP4 directly on his post - I couldnt disagree more, I thought Dale's corners were poor all game, including the 2 poor short ones he & Morais cocked up. The dinked floated ones he's started to do are pish poor, they mean whoever gets to them has to put all the power into the header as the ball is travelling so slowly, and on 2 or 3 of them, they tamely fell no further than the front post defender. He needs to zip them across with pace as he has at times this season, not contnue with the power puff floated ones IO.

As for the ratings so far; well - for me, plenty are doing a diservice to Black, Taylor & Hazell with their (relatively) low scores, and are over-marking Trotman IMO.

I thought Taylor was MoTM yesterday - he worked his nuts off all game, scored a quaility goal and was an impressive link between our (deeper lying) midfield and the big man upfront.

I actully thought that whilst Neil Trotman did well as 1/2 half of the pairing that shut out Austin, he to me looks leggy & a fair bit unfit.......he needs games & fast, as he for me, is still a shadow of the player he was in his 19 appearances for us 1st time around.

But, hey we all see it differently dont we?

I thought Dale's corners were poor all game, including the 2 poor short ones he & Morais cocked up.

Granted on the short ones. Almost as bad as the Whitaker / Allott nonsense a couple of seasons back.

I actully thought that whilst Neil Trotman did well as 1/2 half of the pairing that shut out Austin, he to me looks leggy & a fair bit unfit.......he needs games & fast, as he for me, is still a shadow of the player he was in his 19 appearances for us 1st time around.

Trotamn was immense. But perhaps in more than just the footballing sense. He needs to lose a few pounds.

why shift lee from RB when he is such an attacking force coming down the right as a suprise. Stephens is frustrating given his undoubted ability BUT to say "dogsht" is rather harsh. He does need to be involved more but had a lot more ball from the moment Furman harried the Swindon midfield in around the 55th minute which changed the control of the game. Stephens became more influential and just lacked a bit of luck with the final ball.

stephens and a fiery furman are a match for most in this division and we have the best attacking FB in league one in kieren. dont need much change IMHO barring a sniffer alongside Tonk and somebody to explain to the wrecking ball hat he has 10 team mates more than willing to recieve a pass!

How refreshing was the confidence across the back four in the GK (handled fantastically) and the return of the Trotter we know and love!

i know your right its just frustrating when they can do so much better especially stephens but furman too he has quiet spells,it was a brilliant win and thats all that matters but if these two were at it all 90 mins it could have been a better match

It is really interesting how people can watch the same game of football and have such widely differing opinions on it isnt it?

Answering OP4 directly on his post - I couldnt disagree more, I thought Dale's corners were poor all game, including the 2 poor short ones he & Morais cocked up. The dinked floated ones he's started to do are pish poor, they mean whoever gets to them has to put all the power into the header as the ball is travelling so slowly, and on 2 or 3 of them, they tamely fell no further than the front post defender. He needs to zip them across with pace as he has at times this season, not contnue with the power puff floated ones IO.As for the ratings so far; well - for me, plenty are doing a diservice to Black, Taylor & Hazell with their (relatively) low scores, and are over-marking Trotman IMO.

I thought Taylor was MoTM yesterday - he worked his nuts off all game, scored a quaility goal and was an impressive link between our (deeper lying) midfield and the big man upfront.

But, hey we all see it differently dont we?

Agree 100%. Those crappy floated corners are absolutely awful...