But look around people have stoped coming because lookers has gone. Moving the away fans into chaddy end would be the final nail in the coffin for some fans.

Who's going to be sat in the chaddy when we move grounds???

Theres nothing left at Boundary park its been allowed to go to rack and ruin whats the difference. I sat in the chaddy for 25years still moved to the rocky.

I see things for the good of the club sentimental value doesn't pay bills.

My dad doesn't have a season ticket. He couldn't afford to go to Rochdale, swindon & Southampton. There may have been others that thought they'd sit out yesterday.

I don't think the 3 games in a week helped, but would the gate have been much different if the games had been more spread out? We might have got 100 or so more, but nothing major.

The sad truth is, I just don't think we have the support anymore. We can hypothesise about a new ground, more pies, etc making a difference, but I'm not convinced it will. People tend to use these excuses to try and disguise the fact they've just can’t be bothered anymore.

If you carnt afford it fair enough don't come to the game, but for the people whom live in the area and can afford it what's stoping you ?

Playing some brilliant football on the pitch so you can not blame the product on the pitch ( granted last season you could ) . Moan all you want about the facility but if you don't turn up means less revenue which means less money which means no new facility, also means no money for transfers.

Stayaways are crippling the club and there is no one else to blame apart from yourselves .

If you carnt afford it fair enough don't come to the game, but for the people whom live in the area and can afford it what's stoping you ?

Playing some brilliant football on the pitch so you can not blame the product on the pitch ( granted last season you could ) . Moan all you want about the facility but if you don't turn up means less revenue which means less money which means no new facility, also means no money for transfers.

Stayaways are crippling the club and there is no one else to blame apart from yourselves .

this, too many people are prepared to whinge but not enough are prepared to do anything about it

Making those people who bought/got season tickets at Christmas pay for yesterday didn't help. We were always going to get a lot for the Dale game, we took 3,000 to their place, in one home game this season we might get less than that for us. The Dale game is the sort where those who don't go to every game, like exiles and the skint, will almost all go to. Swindon, is the opposite, especially after how we have been playing and they have been playing (the weather forcast predicting snow probably didn't help either). We didn't play very well against Dale, but against Huddersfield (another place where will probably take 3000) the first half was some of the best football I've seen us play for a while.

I'd agree with the Paddock being cheaper for kids, am I right in thinking you don't have to queue for a ticket to go in the paddock and its cheaper?

If we are still there or thereabouts in April the fans will start coming back.

I don't think the 3 games in a week helped, but would the gate have been much different if the games had been more spread out? We might have got 100 or so more, but nothing major.

The sad truth is, I just don't think we have the support anymore. We can hypothesise about a new ground, more pies, etc making a difference, but I'm not convinced it will. People tend to use these excuses to try and disguise the fact they've just can’t be bothered anymore.

Sad but true! :disappointed:

Whinge about what ?

like you pointed out a lot of people can't afford it but there are others who just moan about certain things in order to use as an excuse not to go i.e facilities, Simon Corney, no Broadway Stand, Failsworth, the fact we're a League 1 club, pies, Dave Penney, the lack of "geddin it forward"

The sad truth is, I just don't think we have the support anymore.

For the second year running, I spent the period just after New Year's Day in the pubs of Glodwick. As last year, it is the best laugh you can possibly have and similar to being in an episode of Early Doors. Anyway, the point (for there is one) is that the people in those pubs all consider themselves to be Latics fans. They may not go to games anymore, for the simple fact that £20 equates to ten pints and therefore several hours of entertainment, rather than two hours at BP.

I wore a Neil Redfearn t-shirt on one of the evenings and had people coming over to shake my hand and ask questions about the current team and, inevitably to reminisce about days of yore. The 'support' is still there in the town and, in general, folk haven't started watching our more successful near-neighbours. The competition for football at our level is not alternative football but the other things that you can do with your hard earned cash.

like you pointed out a lot of people can't afford it but there are others who just moan about certain things in order to use as an excuse not to go i.e facilities, Simon Corney, no Broadway Stand, Failsworth, the fact we're a League 1 club, pies, Dave Penney, the lack of "geddin it forward"

Exactly and that's having a Cripling affect on the club, but soon find a excuse to go to the likes of Dale Huddersfield.

For the second year running, I spent the period just after New Year's Day in the pubs of Glodwick. As last year, it is the best laugh you can possibly have and similar to being in an episode of Early Doors. Anyway, the point (for there is one) is that the people in those pubs all consider themselves to be Latics fans. They may not go to games anymore, for the simple fact that £20 equates to ten pints and therefore several hours of entertainment, rather than two hours at BP.

I wore a Neil Redfearn t-shirt on one of the evenings and had people coming over to shake my hand and ask questions about the current team and, inevitably to reminisce about days of yore. The 'support' is still there in the town and, in general, folk haven't started watching our more successful near-neighbours. The competition for football at our level is not alternative football but the other things that you can do with your hard earned cash.

Ok because thats a perfect excuse to not go to the games.

The competition for football at our level is not alternative football but the other things that you can do with your hard earned cash.

Isn't that the case with every club, though?

While every other club in the league doesn't have a United or a City on their doorstep, punters can still choose to stay in the pub, spend £20 on beer and watch a more successful team on Sky. It seems Latics are suffering the declining gates more than anyone else.

Ok because thats a perfect excuse to not go to the games.

What makes an excuse perfect? It's their choice of how to live their life. It's not mine, I never miss a home game, but I'd never knock anybody for living their own life as they see fit.

When the entertainment in the two hours at BP equates to the entertainment of eight hours in the boozer, they just might return.

Isn't that the case with every club, though?

While every other club in the league doesn't have a United or a City on their doorstep, punters can still choose to stay in the pub, spend £20 on beer and watch a more successful team on Sky. It seems Latics are suffering the declining gates more than anyone else.

That's a little bit sweeping. I guess that fourteen seasons in the same division doesn't help. Did you know, apart from teams in the Premiership who never go down, we are now the football league team to have waited the longest for a promotion. Obviously, teams have suffered relegations and then promotions but it's a long time to be stale.

My daughter is increasingly wanting to come to games, so that means i have a choice to make £9/£11 for her to sit with me in the Paddock or swap my ST for the Chaddy End and pay £3 for her, no brainer but a pain in the arse. Thee's enough room to allow the £3 admission in the Paddock too - upper tier fair enough but £11 for a kid to sit in the Paddock is bollocks!!!

I have been doing it for years Prozac! My daughter has been attending games now for about 8-9 years and as a ST holder in the paddock (I pay for her on the gate when she goes about 15 - 20 games a season). Far too expensive for kids in the paddock and not everyone wants to watch football behind the goal. (Not when its a fiver to take them to :censored:ty).

I've been asked to go Blackburn v West Brom in a few weeks by a Rovers fan. It's a tenner for adults and a fiver for kids. Normal matchday prices arent that far off what we pay into Boundary Park. Add to that you can get a train to Blackburn for about £8 return and already it's cheaper than what it costs to get in at Latics. Not the first time this season they've had ticket prices that cheap, as the Fulham game was the same.

Had a look on the blackburn website and they've a half season ticket for sale at £125 adults, which includes games against United, City, Blackpool, Newcastle, Birmingham, Bolton, Spurs and also included Liverpool and Stoke at the time it came out.

Latics simply cant compete with that value. We continue to be charged £20 which people simply cant/wont pay on a regular basis. Football no matter what the cost though, is an expense some can live without due to the fact there is a live game on sky pretty much every day of the week. Expecting masses to turn up for 3rd division football isnt going to happen for a team who've been in this league over a decade. Oldham is a poor town, Boundary Park is awful, the atmosphere and general feel about the place is piss poor. The ground is full of little chavs and moaning old sod's who the players can do no right for. It's nothing more than a three sided depressing sh*thole nowadays that has lost all the charm it once had. Facts are there is no answer to the problem whilst we are in this league and prices against opposition that we face are as high as they are. It's not appealing and is exactly why the "stay away" fan wont be at Boundary Park more than 4 times in a season.

You could have done all the initiatives you wanted to for these three games this 8 days we'll have played and no matter what the cost Latics could afford to put it at or thought was "reasonable" - it wouldnt be appealing or low enough to appeal to "stay aways". People saying it's "brilliant football" - it's not, you can try to kid peope into coming for one game by saying "you're missing out but the reason they dont come back the following home game is simply because it's not value for money". It's third division football in what is ultimately a poor league. Same for every other club in League 1 and 2 who faces exactly the same problem bar the one or two obvious exceptions.

No point moaning about it. Just something that needs to be accepted in modern day lower league football.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Less home support from one home league game to the next WTF??

How many other clubs does this happen too?

I know Rochdale is a derby game (pains me to say that) but honestly are we fighting above our weight in terms of size of club and support even in this division?

We have a good team and are playing excellent football, admittedly not week after week but more often than not yet still we don’t seem to attract the stay away fans.

Are we just a lost cause in the world of football or would promotion & significant investment in stadium squad and facilities be enough to keep us afloat?

Kind Regards

Devils advocate.

Simple answer - three games in 8 days - Swindon not being the biggest attraction, I reckon most will have opted for 2 out of 3 and gone for the 'dale and Soton.

Simple answer - three games in 8 days - Swindon not being the biggest attraction, I reckon most will have opted for 2 out of 3 and gone for the 'dale and Soton.

Not in a position to spend money on all 3 games so after the Dale game I decided on the Swindon game rather than the Soton game on the basis I hoped for a win in the former and expected a defeat in the latter.

Good decision for the Swindon game.

Hope I'm wrong with my prediction for the Soton game. I'll follow the game on the web.

I think there is a core support around but many are choosing to attend only the more ' attractive games ' ...i.e dale home and away and play-off games ( if we were so lucky ) ....Getting them to attend the more mundane games is proving fruitless and frustrating.

for me we need to put half a dozen good wins together, that means winning away as well as at home.

if that happens i think a lot of fans will come back believing we are promotion material.

even if that means sitting in a dilapidated stadium. but a win, draw and lose spell is not convincing.