Credit To Dickov !

credit goes to dickov for changing his tatics and team for the game against plymouth, we looked alot more solid in midfield with jones there and taylor was alot more effective on the wing. Only issue i had yesterday was with Paul Black. the lad needs to be left out of the squad for abit. Yesterday he caused to many problems for himself and the team and seems to be more scared of the ball. Stick Holdsworth there then id think that would be a more comfortable defence.

credit goes to dickov for changing his tatics and team for the game against plymouth, we looked alot more solid in midfield with jones there and taylor was alot more effective on the wing. Only issue i had yesterday was with Paul Black. the lad needs to be left out of the squad for abit. Yesterday he caused to many problems for himself and the team and seems to be more scared of the ball. Stick Holdsworth there then id think that would be a more comfortable defence.

i wouldnt stick holdsworth at left back, but maybe recalling jacobson would be a good idea

I'm guessing with these numbers, but I suspect Paul Black's weekly wage is less than we'd have to pay in appearance money for either Jacobsen or Holdsworth simply for spending a minute on the pitch in first team action.

The financial realities of Oldham Athletic ...

I'm guessing with these numbers, but I suspect Paul Black's weekly wage is less than we'd have to pay in appearance money for either Jacobsen or Holdsworth simply for spending a minute on the pitch in first team action.

The financial realities of Oldham Athletic ...

Plus as a club we benefit more from the amount of time Black spends on the pitch. There is every chance that Black will be our left back for years to come or we sell him on, the more experience he gets, the better he gets and his value goes up. He's a Latic fan too I think, I'd rather have an inexperienced fan there than a mercenary, the fan will run after that winger rather than the mercenary.

Plus as a club we benefit more from the amount of time Black spends on the pitch. There is every chance that Black will be our left back for years to come or we sell him on, the more experience he gets, the better he gets and his value goes up. He's a Latic fan too I think, I'd rather have an inexperienced fan there than a mercenary, the fan will run after that winger rather than the mercenary.

One thing you can be sure of, Black won't be here next season :wink:

In fact, talking of mercenaries.........................

Out of interest has there been any word on extending Dickov's contract? It was only a year long as I recall.

Its a one year rolling contract from my understanding which means it automatically gets renewed every year so we are not tied into a long term contract with a big pay out if we sack him.

I think Black will turn out like Lomax.

I think you're spot on. I haven't said anything as I like and want him to succeed, however he simply hasn't the quality in his play to shine. I remember being startled last season at how he managed to out-perform Jacobson in terms of woeful full-back displays.

A good attitude and physical attributes will ensure he has a full lower-league career though, probably including a load of apperances for us whilst we're stuck in this division and broke.

Ackey, why wont Black be here next season? Or were you mocking Smarty? :unsure:

I think you're spot on. I haven't said anything as I like and want him to succeed, however he simply hasn't the quality in his play to shine. I remember being startled last season at how he managed to out-perform Jacobson in terms of woeful full-back displays.

A good attitude and physical attributes will ensure he has a full lower-league career though, probably including a load of apperances for us whilst we're stuck in this division and broke.

Ackey, why wont Black be here next season? Or were you mocking Smarty? :unsure:

To be fair to Black, he wasnt the only one to come out of last season with zero credit at all. The whole team had any creative flair and confidence beaten out of them by Penney. Black has a chance this season under Dickov to kick on, and im sure Dickov is keen to encourage the likes of Black to do so, and will give them the arm round the shoulder and encouragement as and when its needed. Its possible he could go backwards like Lomax and Smalley did, or its possible he could improve. In my opinion he has made progress this season and has impressed in several matches.

Edited by Killens_physio

To be fair to Black, he wasnt the only one to come out of last since with zero credit at all. The whole team had any creative flair and confidence beaten out of them by Penney. Black has a chance this season under Dickov to kick on, and im sure Dickov is keen to encourage the likes of Black to do so, and will give them the arm round the shoulder and encouragement as and when its needed. Its possible he could go backwards like Lomax and Smalley did, its or its possible he could improve. In my opinion he has made progress this season and has impressed in several matches.

Good - to be honest I've not seen much of us this season, or the second half of last for that matter (so I could be talking rubbish)! I was impressed with Black when he first broke through under Shez but he's tended to be poor on the occasions I've seen him since.

Perhaps it's largely his attitude which has seen Dickov give him chances whilst Jacobsen has had none.

Well, you're sure that Black won't be here next season. One can easily deduce who your source is, hence my question. Or should I ask his mum?

Errrrrrr, it's called an opinion, I have my own in case you've never noticed before :grin:

You ask Black's mum, I'm sure she'll be able to fill you in if you know her that well :blink:

Edited by smartzatart

Errrrrrr, it's called an opinion, I have my own in case you've never noticed before :grin:

You ask Black's mum, I'm sure she'll be able to fill you in if you know her that well :blink:

I think we both know I meant Kieran's mum, you silly sausage.