not a penalty in the eyes of 471 oldham fans at the game either !

I was there too, although at the opposite end. Just watched on Latics player.

None of the news media after the game knew what the penalty was given for either.

Soft yes.

But did he get the ball? No.

Did his swing make contact with their player? Yes.

Was it in the box? Yes.

It was a penalty.

Not so sure myself. Both players going for the ball with one foot in the air.

Who fouled who?

Just because the Carlisle player when down does not mean he was definitely fouled.

Penalty.JPG

Can't tell if there was contact from that angle. Carlisle player seemed to go down a bit easy.

Did the challenge need to be made there? No, he was no danger in that position.

We're too panicky. Need someone in that defence to calm things down.

Can't tell if there was contact from that angle. Carlisle player seemed to go down a bit easy.

Did the challenge need to be made there? No, he was no danger in that position.

We're too panicky. Need someone in that defence to calm things down.

not more greegan again,lol

lookin at the pic seems there players there first...should of let the ball drop then ushered him out the box,foul on edge or push out of play....we didnt....amos save was absolute cracker....he went the wrong way for the pen but thats pens for you...he went down very easily..yes he did he was in the box,99.9% of players will do exactly the same.....and he got lucky n conned the lino..ref admitted he didnt see it....but there seemed little conversation between ref and lino...

end of the day i would of taken a draw before kickoff....half time we were well in front and i wanted us to push on...we didnt and we got punished for it....reid should have been on sooner..tonks was knackered and have little effect...but a points a point

ref admitted he didnt see it....but there seemed little conversation between ref and lino

While they are wired up, what is there for them to say?

Lino flagged and gave the signal for a penalty.

Even if some wind up merchants on this forum have the cheek to think it was a penalty, ultimately the decision was well communicated between the match officials.

not more greegan again,lol

lookin at the pic seems there players there first...should of let the ball drop then ushered him out the box,foul on edge or push out of play....we didnt....amos save was absolute cracker....he went the wrong way for the pen but thats pens for you...he went down very easily..yes he did he was in the box,99.9% of players will do exactly the same.....and he got lucky n conned the lino..ref admitted he didnt see it....but there seemed little conversation between ref and lino...

end of the day i would of taken a draw before kickoff....half time we were well in front and i wanted us to push on...we didnt and we got punished for it....reid should have been on sooner..tonks was knackered and have little effect...but a points a point

Having seen the replay I think its a penalty. He goes down not from Black's challenge but as a consequence of- there was an element of a slip on the obviously frosty surface but he was off balance from the challenge.

It was a 50/50 ball, and the majority of the time I'd expect Black to go for it, and would be disappointed if he didn't. In the penalty area it is another matter because of the consequences of getting the challenge wrong and the best course of action would have probably been to shepherd him towards the corner flag, but hopefully Black will learn from this and we can move on.

Incidentally if Amos had gone the right way I doubt he would have saved the penalty it was in the top corner and was hit with some venom.

However, I will say this if I had been reffing the player that went down might not have been on the pitch, thanks to him taking Morais off at the knees a little bit earlier in the game (in a similar manner to the penalty but much later).

It was definately a penalty, you can look at it through Latics tinted spectacles all you like, but it was a penalty.

I've watched it several times and he makes contact and its well inside the box, the challenge was totally unnecessary and very ill judged and ultimately cost us 2 points.

.... the challenge was totally unnecessary and very ill judged and ultimately cost us 2 points.

This.

Shepherd the man and ball away Blacky - You'll have been told that a thousand times in the past.

Hopefully the lad will learn from this, although he doesn't seem to have learned a great deal about positioning - he was almost on the 18 yard line when he made his run for that tackle.

It was definately a penalty, you can look at it through Latics tinted spectacles all you like, but it was a penalty.

I've watched it several times and he makes contact and its well inside the box, the challenge was totally unnecessary and very ill judged and ultimately cost us 2 points.

I'd say the two open goal misses cost us the points to be honest...

You know what.

This Latics side isn't a million miles away from being very, very good.

A little more composure in front of goal. A little more keep ball. A little more calmness at the back.

Dickov really has turned a poor team in to a good one. I think he can take the next step, given the right backing from owners and supporters.

It was a careless challenge, therefore a penalty. Not that difficult, eh?!

Besides, the Final Score reporter reckoned they'd had a stonewall pen turned down 1st half, so it pretty much balanced itself out!

not really a challenge is it eh ? player runs infront of his leg goes down and gets the penalty. not that difficult.

did they i never saw it ?