Events this week

With the events of this last week of the transfer window i really think that all those stay away fans need to get back and support this club.

No players of any note have left and we have signed 3 others to strengthen the squad.

PD is doing a fantastic job in his first season and we are well in the play off places having lost fewer games than most other sides .

SC has yet again given his full backing to the manager despite what must be a very very tight budget.

Pay back time for all those stayaways and 2 home games this week to show that support the club deserves.

Well done all at BP .

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

With the events of this last week of the transfer window i really think that all those stay away fans need to get back and support this club.

No players of any note have left and we have signed 3 others to strengthen the squad.

PD is doing a fantastic job in his first season and we are well in the play off places having lost fewer games than most other sides .

SC has yet again given his full backing to the manager despite what must be a very very tight budget.

Pay back time for all those stayaways and 2 home games this week to show that support the club deserves.

Well done all at BP .

Agree, time for the supporters that come up with excuses not to come to put up or shut up! For those that have genuine reasons (mainly financial, distance or work commitments) not to come we know you're here in spirit anyway. But come on Latics Fans 3,000 every week is not sustainable at this level - look at what's happening at Stockport at they get 35% more fans than us. Mistakes have been made but PD is delivering what we've all said we want - a young hungry team of players that want be here, are collective and playing the game the right way!

How many of these pleas will we see ? the town is just not interested in Oldham Athletic, Most of the people would rather stay at home and watch those munich bastards on TV.

They all appear when a big match is on then dont come back after it. Most fans i know dont actually live in oldham so thats says alot.

The problem is not getting people to the match, the problem is getting people to come back. No one wants to come and watch division 3 football in a three sided :censored: hole. Simples.

Well done all at BP .

On the subject of the town not deserving a club, my owd fella has been beating that drum since the mid-80s. There's 1000s of lapsed fans in Oldham, not closet reds or Cieh fans but those that find it easier not to go and it has simply become a habit. In the mid-80s when I began attending a poor attendance would be about 5,000 rising to 6,7,8 0r even 9k if playing a good midlands side, Blackburn, Leeds or one of the North-East teams. And there'd be the bonus of sell-outs v City when they were yo-yoing.

I fear for tonight's performance - Simon Corney for all his faults deserves a turn-out tonight!

The club have done well and supported Dickov, we have been able to chop away an extensive amount of deadwood and brought in several of the managers own young hungry players.

Hopefully this will give us a platform to try and make the play offs and if not this season then maybe next.

How many of these pleas will we see ? the town is just not interested in Oldham Athletic, Most of the people would rather stay at home and watch those munich bastards on TV.

They all appear when a big match is on then dont come back after it. Most fans i know dont actually live in oldham so thats says alot.

The problem is not getting people to the match, the problem is getting people to come back. No one wants to come and watch division 3 football in a three sided :censored: hole. Simples.

Yet 6,000 appeared for the Dale game. The support needs galvanising we played Plymouth in September '89 and the crowd was 4,972 to watch our first home win of the season. We played Port Vale on Boxing Day and got 11,500 :shock: and that was before we embarked on the FA Cup run and had only reached the 1/4 finals of the Littlewoods Cup. If the town sees us consolidating that Play Off place they will slowly but surely come out of the woodwork.

As for the day trippers, it'll be interesting to see how many come out of the woodwork at the Gay Farm next week…

Tonight, I think we'll see a sub 3,500 attendance...

Edited by oafcprozac

Yet 6,000 appeared for the Dale game. The support needs galvanising we played Plymouth in September '89 and the crowd was 4,972 to watch our first home win of the season. We played Port Vale on Boxing Day and got 11,500 :shock: and that was before we embarked on the FA Cup run and had only reached the 1/4 finals of the Littlewoods Cup. If the town sees us consolidating that Play Off place they will slowly but surely come out of the woodwork.

As for the day trippers, it'll be interesting to see how many come out of the woodwork at the Gay Farm next week…

Tonight, I think we'll see a sub 3,500 attendance...

i can see our whole home attendance being at the gay farm next week.

On the subject of the town not deserving a club, my owd fella has been beating that drum since the mid-80s. There's 1000s of lapsed fans in Oldham, not closet reds or Cieh fans but those that find it easier not to go and it has simply become a habit. In the mid-80s when I began attending a poor attendance would be about 5,000 rising to 6,7,8 0r even 9k if playing a good midlands side, Blackburn, Leeds or one of the North-East teams. And there'd be the bonus of sell-outs v City when they were yo-yoing.

I fear for tonight's performance - Simon Corney for all his faults deserves a turn-out tonight!

What I'm trying to say is that I was always used to the attendance fluctuating from one extreme to another, because of the amount if 'floaters' we used to have. The floaters come back for the promotions and big games but I don't think we'll ever win them back week after week. The only time we did that was between the years of 90-92.

What I'm trying to say is that I was always used to the attendance fluctuating from one extreme to another, because of the amount if 'floaters' we used to have. The floaters come back for the promotions and big games but I don't think we'll ever win them back week after week. The only time we did that was between the years of 90-92.

Didnt we have a consitant attendance in 06-07 ?

Your contributing to it being low though arent you ?

Yeah but I am a total lost cause to be frank... Haven't got much interest in live football full stop which goes a lot deeper than Latics. Rather spend time with the kiddy.

Edited by oafc0000

Didnt we have a consitant attendance in 06-07 ?

I think even then it fluctuated Lee - goes off to look at attendances (God my life is fooking boring at the moment - does Bully walk with dictionary…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Port Vale 4,975

Swansea 4,708

Carlisle 6,080

Scunny 4,812

Gills 4,652

Rovrum 4,880

Orient 5,014

Brentford 4,708

Bradford 6,001

Crewe 4,798

Brighton 9,321 (£2 in)

Northampton 10,207 (£2 in)

Forest 9,768

Brizzle City 6,924

Tranmere 6,944

Millwall 6,181

Bournemouth 5,429

Lashers 6,956

Donny 6,619

Yeovil 6,035

Hudds 7,096

Cheltenham 5,426

Chesterfield 8, 148

Lowest 4,654 Gills

Highest 10,207 Northampton (£2 in) Next highest non-promotional 9,768 Forest

So as I say fluctuations all through the season, which makes this seasons so disappointing that the attendances have stayed below 5,000

That makes no sense...

I don't buy the whole of the Oldham public have lost total interest in live football...

for the same reasons you have lost interested many others have aswell.

When you say "lost cause" would Championship football pull you back ?

Edited by razza699

for the same reasons you have lost interested many others have aswell.

When you say "lost cause" would Championship football pull you back ?

but I haven't just lost interest in Latics... I have lost interest in going to games in general. I won tickets to Wigan vs Fullham the other day and passed them on. I think having a kiddy has cemented me not wanting to go...

I don't think I am the typical stay away that is all I am saying...

I am surprised the good results haven't seen the attendances go up to the 5,000 mark...

but I haven't just lost interest in Latics... I have lost interest in going to games in general. I won tickets to Wigan vs Fullham the other day and passed them on. I think having a kiddy has cemented me not wanting to go...

I don't think I am the typical stay away that is all I am saying...

I am surprised the good results haven't seen the attendances go up to the 5,000 mark...

Surely as your kid gets older it would be a nice thing to take them to football and spend time with them ?

you living proof that they have

prozac 06-07 season it was consistant from new year day onwards.... god what id do for those crowds again !

As I say it takes the Oldham public time to twig, I reckon we'll see a steady improvement from this month IF results keep positive. I think the 6-0 hurt us off the field more than on it as it gave the sneering Oldham public the chance to say 'typical Latics, I told yer so…'The people in this town love to mock the sporting teams, the schools and the council - it's what the miserable bastards do best!

Edited by oafcprozac

you living proof that they have

Well if I am the norm then there isn't much future full stop... Still like watching the highlights and follow the club but got too much going on to bother going to the live games. Plus I have done and seen everything in the game...

I don't think I am then norm though... I think most were put off by the awful football under Penney... Surprised Dickov hasnt got them back...

Edited by oafc0000