Who's Against a Permanent Move Out of Oldham?

Seems to be a lot in favour of a move out of the borough of Oldham because the council/club can't get their act together. For me a permanent move out of the borough is unacceptable and would see my support for the club end. I could see the club move away if there was plans to have the club back in the borough in the future but I couldn't accept a permanent move. A club should never forget it's roots. We are Oldham Athletic and that is what we should continue to be.

A permanent move to Tameside or anywhere that isn't the borough of Oldham is unacceptable. Dodgy council or no dodgy council.

Is there anyone else with the same opinion?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to be a lot in favour of a move out of the borough of Oldham because the council/club can't get their act together. For me a permanent move out of the borough is unacceptable and would see my support for the club end. I could see the club move away if there was plans to have the club back in the borough in the future but I couldn't accept a permanent move. A club should never forget it's roots. We are Oldham Athletic and that is what we should continue to be.

A permanent move to Tameside or anywhere that isn't the borough of Oldham is unacceptable. Dodgy council or no dodgy council.

Is there anyone else with the same opinion?

I'm with you.

to be honest i dont give a sh*t where we play as long as there is a team to support !

I'm with you Lee, we stay in Oldham we whither and die due to delay after delay, if we can get into bed with a progressive pro-active council, we have the chance to thrive. Oldham Council will never be any of those things.

Whilst I agree with most of what you say... what if its a case of we move to another site or liquidate the club?

I love this club, i have done for as long as i can remember. I would be gutted if we moved out of Oldham permanently, but if the club ceased to exist entirely i would be devastated.

Whilst I agree with most of what you say... what if its a case of we move to another site or liquidate the club?

I love this club, i have done for as long as i can remember. I would be gutted if we moved out of Oldham permanently, but if the club ceased to exist entirely i would be devastated.

The club would survive in Oldham no matter what happens. Even if the club were to be liquidated a phoenix club would rise.

I'm for the club moving away on a temporary basis and would continue to support them. Our future should lie in Oldham though.

Oldham or bust.

well as i said last night the safety certificate on bp runs out soon, we wont get a new one, so what do u suggest macca??

I suggest if we have to move away then fine so long it is temporary. The future of the club though should be in Oldham and nowhere else. Moving to Tameside permanently is wrong.

well as i said last night the safety certificate on bp runs out soon, we wont get a new one, so what do u suggest macca??

The steelwork in the Chaddy End was condemned in 1991, it was never replaced despite seats being fitted in there. Boundary Park is close to its end game - literally and that's before you take into account asbestos issues and the crumbling Main Stand. As Simon Corney says, give him the dosh and he'll rebuild BP….the only option is a new ground somewhere paid for by selling BP - as has been the plan.

Edited by oafcprozac

You got to ask yourself if that old local connection is still a big deal to people ? Its becoming less and less important to people...

Just look at MK Dons... As much as I hate them you have to admit they have done well since moving...

Maybe re-branding to just being called "The Latics" and then playing wherever will have us is the route forward...

Edited by oafc0000

you have to be realistic though, we live in a town that has no facilities for any generation, is full of scrounging tossers, i say we move elsewhere, build a giant wall round oldham and fill it with :censored:ing water,

:laught16:

Chuck a few great white sharks in there too in order to round up the stragglers

I'm with you Lee, we stay in Oldham we whither and die due to delay after delay, if we can get into bed with a progressive pro-active council, we have the chance to thrive. Oldham Council will never be any of those things.

I want the club to remain in Oldham, but where could they play ?

You got to ask yourself if that old local connection is still a big deal to people ? Its becoming less and less important to people...

Just look at MK Dons... As much as I hate them you have to admit they have done well since moving...

It was important to many people criticising the move to Failsworth claiming it not to be Oldham when it factually is. Those same people should be definately against a move to Tameside.

The club isn't Oldham Athletic if it moves away.

Maybe re-branding to just being called "The Latics" and then playing wherever will have us is the route forward...

I think reverting to the name Pine Villa and keeping the nickname 'Latics' could work.

It was important to many people criticising the move to Failsworth claiming it not to be Oldham when it factually is. Those same people should be definately against a move to Tameside.

The club isn't Oldham Athletic if it moves away.

Yup... THis one certainly polarises peoples view points...

I am not surprised many fans have given up on "Oldham" though...

I want the club to remain in Oldham, but where could they play ?

i think thats what we all want but at the same time we know if we stay in oldham we would be gone in no time.

so its keep to your towns loyalty or move away with the best intentions for the club.

Like i have said before Oldham Town dosnt deserve a club.