Where should Oldham Athletic relocate to permanently?

It's looking increasingly likely we'll have to leave Oldham - As the situations stands at the moment  

152 members have voted

1. 1. So where do we go?

• Stay at Boundary Park even though it may cost us the club?
    • A site must be found in Oldham AT ALL COSTS
    • Ashton Moss/A site in Tameside
    • Share with another club
    • Regional Athletics Centre
    • Stakehill

Just to clarify, although Corney is chairman of the club, he does not own any shares. Although they have stood down as diretors, Blitz and Gazal still own 97 percent of the shares. They hold the cards here, not corney.

Ok TTA plans need a 30 acre site to make it viable. New owners can have new ideas. There are plenty of places in Oldham where a stadium only can be built. I think new ideas are needed from new people.

TTA need to sell up and get a good a deal as possible and I wouldn't begrudge them doing that but a future in Oldham is still possible with new ideas.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Council aside maybe the problem is Simon Corney?

I think he's done a great job for OAFC trying to get this new stadium in Oldham and I thank him for initially saving us and investing all his time and money into us. Corney needs this 30 acre site and to leave BP.

Another owner may not need to do this. Corney can't deliver a stadium in Oldham another owner could. A stadium doesn't cover 30 acres.

Ok Macca, alienate our only (realistic) hope of getting through the season, and who the fook is going to buy this club given the mess it is in? If you want to stay in Oldham, give us your plan of action as to how YOU would see professional sport continue in the town because brighter and richer people than me and you don't want to know and given the council's obstinate refusal to work as a whole for the greater good of professional sport in the town and all the positive effects that can bring, there is very little hope of us

(A) Continuing at BP

B Finding a self-sustaining site in Oldham

C Finding new owners

(D) Can you see anyone who has watched this unfold from the outside wanting to come in and deal with the council?

Edited by oafcprozac

Ok TTA plans need a 30 acre site to make it viable. New owners can have new ideas. There are plenty of places in Oldham where a stadium only can be built. I think new ideas are needed from new people.

TTA need to sell up and get a good a deal as possible and I wouldn't begrudge them doing that but a future in Oldham is still possible with new ideas.

Realistically though are any new owners going to have the £10 million+ it will take to build a stadium?

The only new owners we will have will be through Simon Corney transferring his ownership of the footballing side to us the fans and a Trust owned club, we are teetering on the edge of the precipice and we could be the next club to do a Stockport, Wrexham, Grimsby, York or Mansfield...

Ok Macca, alienate our only (realistic) hope of getting through the season, and who the fook is going to buy this club given the mess it is in? If you want to stay in Oldham, give us your plan of action as to how YOU would see professional sport continue in the town because brighter and richer people than me an you don't want to know and given the council's obstinate refusal to work as a whole for the greater good of professional sport in the town and all the positive effects that can bring, there is very little hope of us (A) Continuing at BP

B Finding a self-sustaining site in Oldham

C Finding new owners

(D) Can you see anyone who has watched this unfold from the outside wanting to come in and deal with the council?

Prozac you know I can't answer an impossible question as who is going to buy the club. I believe though that the club can be bought and TTA are the only answer to our problems.

How do you know people aren't waiting to invest? Corney is telling us that he's talked to a number of people but the deal hasn't been right. But for who? The club or for TTA?

The owners plan is to sell BP and the surrounding land, find a 30 acre site and build a stadium and other facilities there. In other words the owners cannot fund this stadium themselves.

New owners could do this and not need to find this 30 acre site. There are plenty of sites in Oldham for a new stadium only. If the owners cannot find a solution in Oldham then they aren't the solution.

But who has got that kind of money in this current financial environment to spend on subsidising a football club with falling gates as well as building a new stadium?

As for the other potential sites in Oldham, didn't they say we would need 10 acres absolutely bare minimum? Beal Valley was a floodplain? Ferney field was a nogo?

I would still love to know whether a scaled down development on the lancaster club part only is a possibility, as I think the pylons were only affecting the lower memorial patch of land? Its easilly big enough to accomodate a stadium of a similar size to chesterfields or shrewsburys.

Failsworth is Oldham FACT

Tameside isn't Oldham FACT

If you are against Failsworth then you are against Tameside for the same reason.

I disagree, Tameside isnt within walking distance to The Stadium of Manchester and the newly proposed FCUM ground, Failsworth is.

Despite the OL Postcode people in Failsworth see themselves as Mancunians and even over exaggerate the accent to get this across, yes I Know some die hards from there but overall it is Red and Sky Blue.

Tameside has a lot of City and United fans but also has a lot of floaters who we could attract, they do not see themselves as Mancunians.

viable????..nope they want a 30 acre site to make it self sufficient so we dont have to rely on gates of sub 5k...

you build a sparkly new stadium only in a small area of town and you have the same problems you have now...only income is through match days and the odd sponsership deal...

build the all singing dancing version where the club is utilising income from 7 days a week all year round,and that pays for itself,and means it also pays for better players,better wages and were set for life so to speak....

Realistically though are any new owners going to have the £10 million+ it will take to build a stadium?

The only new owners we will have will be through Simon Corney transferring his ownership of the footballing side to us the fans and a Trust owned club, we are teetering on the edge of the precipice and we could be the next club to do a Stockport, Wrexham, Grimsby, York or Mansfield...

We don't know do we? That's upto the people who may want to invest. I think it's an option that should be looked at though. Get the club up for sale officially and see what happens.

I disagree, Tameside isnt within walking distance to The Stadium of Manchester and the newly proposed FCUM ground, Failsworth is.

Despite the OL Postcode people in Failsworth see themselves as Mancunians and even over exaggerate the accent to get this across, yes I Know some die hards from there but overall it is Red and Sky Blue.

Tameside has a lot of City and United fans but also has a lot of floaters who we could attract, they do not see themselves as Mancunians.

But it is under the duristiction of OMBC. That is fact whether anyone likes it or not. The argument as to whether the residents of failsworth see themselves and mancs or oldhamers is a completely different arguments.

What Macca is saying ultimately is that moving to Tameside is moving outside of the borough of Oldham, hence we cant really be called oldham athletic if we do.

Ashton Moss is right next to Droylsden which is right next to City's stadium. You could easily walk it.

But it is under the duristiction of OMBC. That is fact whether anyone likes it or not. The argument as to whether the residents of failsworth see themselves and mancs or oldhamers is a completely different arguments.

What Macca is saying ultimately is that moving to Tameside is moving outside of the borough of Oldham, hence we cant really be called oldham athletic if we do.

Tameside Dons it is.

We don't know do we? That's upto the people who may want to invest. I think it's an option that should be looked at though. Get the club up for sale officially and see what happens.

I think you're living in a dreamland Macca. In 2003 despite the heap of :censored: we were in - if the land was part of the package we were an extremely viable proposition. This time, even if we had the land to play with no one will touch us. Land is worth diddly squat in comparison to what it was worth 5 years ago, supply and demand. There's loads of supply but no demand to buy up land - except for retail possibly (food retail at that and then to only stop the opposition from getting in first) The club has no real assets, any new owner would need about £2million just to make us competitive next season after a mass exodus in the summer, then they have to go through a long drawn out planning process with the same bunch of morons that has let us down time after time, whilst spunking money week after week, it's simply not going to happen. Football's bubble has burst...

Edited by oafcprozac

I think you're living in a dreamland Macca. In 2003 despite the heap of :censored: we were in - if the land was part of the package we were an extremely viable proposition. This time, even if we had the land to play with no one will touch us. Land is worth diddly squat in comparison to what it was worth 5 years ago, supply and demand. There's loads of supply but no demand to buy up land - except for retail possibly (food retail at that and then to only stop the opposition from getting in first) The club has no real assets, any new owner would need about £2million just to make us competitive next season after a mass exodus in the summer, then they have to go through a long drawn out planning process with the same bunch of morons that has let us down time fater time, whilst spunking money week after week, it's simply not going to happen. Football's bubble has burst...

How do you know no one would touch us? Your making up figures and speculating what will happen. We're competitive now. 5th in the league on a low budget. You can't say no one would invest in us as much I can't say anyone would.

TTA moving us out of Oldham isn't an option. If anyone can deliver that then TTA should sell and move on.

How do you know no one would touch us? Your making up figures and speculating what will happen. We're competitive now. 5th in the league on a low budget. You can't say no one would invest in us as much I can't say anyone would.

TTA moving us out of Oldham isn't an option. If anyone can deliver that then TTA should sell and move on.

£14 million was the figure Simon Corney mentioned in the Chron, would you sell up and make a massive loss?

£14 million was the figure Simon Corney mentioned in the Chron, would you sell up and make a massive loss?

If it was that or losing it all. Yes I would. I'd get out to limit the damage.

What's right for TTA isn't neccessarily right for OAFC.

Not arguing Macca but i think you will find it is an option as THEY own the club and can choose to do with it as they please. however this might hurt a lot.

That's the worrying thing. They can do what they want. A move to Tameside might be best for them as it limits the damage to their funds but could end up killing football in Oldham and then the club itself in Tameside.

TTA moving us out of Oldham isn't an option that they should be considering. If anyone can deliver that then TTA should sell and move on.

FTFY

As Hallamblue said, they own the club, and they can do what they wish with it.

FTFY

As Hallamblue said, they own the club, and they can do what they wish with it.

That doesn't make it right. In the interests of TTA and not OAFC. If new investors/owners can deliver a stadium in Oldham then that should be the correct thing to do.