Where should Oldham Athletic relocate to permanently?

It's looking increasingly likely we'll have to leave Oldham - As the situations stands at the moment  

152 members have voted

1. 1. So where do we go?

• Stay at Boundary Park even though it may cost us the club?
    • A site must be found in Oldham AT ALL COSTS
    • Ashton Moss/A site in Tameside
    • Share with another club
    • Regional Athletics Centre
    • Stakehill

It is but I still think there's an element of emotional blackmail (quite rightly too! :grin:) to get the fans to BP, to mobilise all fans whether die hards, floaters or well-wishers in letting the council know in no uncertain terms that it is their fault if OAFC leaves Oldham. I think this is the club's way of giving the council an ultimatum. Do the current councillor's want their legacy to be hammering the final nails in the coffin of professional sport in the town?

I think this will run….

The thing is though, we have continually told that there is no other site suitable in Oldham. At the later consultations, they even went as far as listing the other potential sites such as

Gasworks - Nogo as the land is contaminated

Beal Valley - Site is a floodplain and roads would be a massive problem

coal pit lane - problem with land would cost too much to sort

Ferney field - farmer doesnt want to sell

If they just come up with a new site, or one of the ones listed above, thats not exactly going to do the councils or the clubs reputation any good.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is though, we have continually told that there is no other site suitable in Oldham. At the later consultations, they even went as far as listing the other potential sites such as

Gasworks - Nogo as the land is contaminated

Beal Valley - Site is a floodplain and roads would be a massive problem

coal pit lane - problem with land would cost too much to sort

Ferney field - farmer doesnt want to sell

If they just come up with a new site, or one of the ones listed above, thats not exactly going to do the councils or the clubs reputation any good.

If they carry on with the developments on the land at Lancaster Club though we wouldn't need to find a 30 acre site for the stadium.

If they carry on with the developments on the land at Lancaster Club though we wouldn't need to find a 30 acre site for the stadium.

They dont need a 30 acre site. The 'Oldham Arena' project was to cost £80m over 21 acres at Latics..

Surely their is a site around 20 acres in the borough available?

We are talking, if SC words are correct, we will be playing away from BP next season. Any ground we go to must be of a standard to play League one (fingers crossed Championship!) football next season. Why people are dismissing the move to Dale is IMO wrong. Its a real viable option. I'm no expert on footy ground safety but I would say grounds muted such as Curzon would not pass a safety certificate for even our megre attendances.

Another underlying reason is the fact SC can give Oldham Council one almighty kick in the nads if the bouroughs team is playing in Rochdale/Bury next season, For the council that would be a PR disaster and could force their arm to sort us something out.

I can only say what I heard at the game yesterday and that the club are looking to share with Dale as a real option. Even though Hornets may own 45% of the ground, money talks and if Latics did give the rugby some sort of financial incentive this could happen very easily.

it isnt Hornets who own a 45% share in the stadium company but the rugby Football League after they acquired it after loaning money to Rochdale Hornets which wasnt paid back to them. The RFL could always sell you the shareholding but you would be wasting money as you would need to return to the town of Oldham within 3??? years (eg Rotherham). Plus I cant see the RFL destroying all links of Rugby League in the town by kicking one of the founders of the Northern League out on their ear.

Who knows what will happen but at the moment I just cant see you playing at San Spotland in the near future.