Todays conceded goal!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen it and we need to tell the ball boys not to be so quick giving the opposition the ball back for quick throws!

Was going to say the same thing- but knowing the FL they would get into trouble (or the club would) if they were different for the 2 teams. To be fair that ball looked like it might have been slipperier than a bar of soap in that weather.

Just seen it and we need to tell the ball boys not to be so quick giving the opposition the ball back for quick throws!

How about telling our defenders not to go to sleep and telling our keeper not to make an unnecessary dash from his line.

The ball boys have the same instructions for making the ball available to players of either team.

Offer the ball as soon as possible but don't throw it / hand it over until the player asks for it.

Latics players know how the multi-ball system works and will know what the ball boys are meant to do.

So what it boils down to is the unpaid ball boys did their job properly and better paid defenders / goalkeeper didn't.

Roll it on the ground for the opposition to pick it up - slowly.

Throw it quickly into our players' hands - simples.

Oh, how times have changed.

Good advice :wink: .

o4u jr is trained in this approach!

A pre-match injury meant he had to sit yesterday's game out in the stands.

Injuries to key ball boys matter - proof!

I was punched in the chest once back in the early 80s by a very large Steve Cherry (Plymouth), after keeping hold of the ball with minutes remaining, then when he came to me for it - I rolled it past him :lol: Latics were 2-1 up, he was none too impressed.

On a serious note though - and I know fairness should be maintained, If I were Dickov, I would be asking the head of the ball boys/girls to be a bit 'cuter' with their delivery back to the opposition - be gormless, drop it, let it slip - use the imagination!

Saying all of that, as soon as the ball goes out of play, as a pro, you HAVE to be switched on and yesterday, we weren't!

Roll it on the ground for the opposition to pick it up - slowly.

Throw it quickly into our players' hands - simples.

Oh, how times have changed.

im a ball boy and we have alredy been introuble for cheating againts swindon cause we was told not to get the ball to there number 3 because he had along throw . GET WELL SOON CHRIS THE BALL BOY WHO GOT INJURED BEFORE THE GAME

what did he do to it ???????????????????

Tried to stop a powerful shot from a Daggers player in the pre-match warm up and bent the wrist back. Thought it might be dislocated at first but it was more shock and pain than severe damage. Just a sprain.

At least they delayed kick off while he got treatment!

Tried to stop a powerful shot from a Daggers player in the pre-match warm up and bent the wrist back. Thought it might be dislocated at first but it was more shock and pain than severe damage. Just a sprain.

Me and my mate saw that, hope he's alright now. The daggers player seemed concerned too. Was that the reason for the delay then?

FFS, injuries to key ball boys? Our bad luck never stops does it? You couldn't make it up..... :wink:

Hope he's feeling better today o4u

I hope your going to sue the player in question due to your lad being unable to work? :wink:

Me and my mate saw that, hope he's alright now. The daggers player seemed concerned too. Was that the reason for the delay then?

Not that I'm aware of!

I was concerned about missing kick off and the delay was a good thing!

If he'd needed a hospital visit I suspect that might have had to wait until 5pm :wink: .

Hope he's feeling better today o4u

He's fine, if temporarily impaired.

Left handed homework is interesting!

Edited by opinions4u

By the way, a quick thanks to the steward / first aiders / St John's Ambulance guys who did their stuff with the injured ballboy - and to the Dagenham player for showing genuine concern.

All responded quickly and were a credit to themselves.

Had a call from Latics today to check he's alright - which, despite a little bit of pain and discimfort, he is.