don't give up!

no doubt I'll get mocked but here goes...

why is everyone admitting defeat?

Fair enough it doesn't look good but is that not making you hungrier to survive?

I don't know about everyone else but I'm not prepared to sit on my arse and watch the club i love just disappear.

My mum used to do the turnstiles before she passed away and i have clear memories of sitting on the turnstile between the RRE and the lookers as a nipper just after the glory days and those memories mean too much to just be ruined.

I was born just as we were going up so i don't really remember the premier league days but i do know i at least want the opportunity to feel the sense of pride and passion my family describe to me.

Like i say, I'm not sitting waiting for up to go under. It obviously is going to be tough but we've done it once, as have many other clubs. Why can't we do it again? I'm going to email every local and maybe even national business i can think of and ask for support if needs own.I don't mind being cheeky.

If anyone fancies lifting their chin from the floor and being proud of the club then feel free to help me. I can't save a football club on my own.

no one? Now i can see why there's no hope

I take it this is Amy rather than Mike? We've set up a petition, we intend to lobby the council, MPs and the club's directors to urge the parties to work on a solution for the good of Oldham Athletic IN Oldham. We can write letters to the Chron, MEN, I'm in the process of writing a blog for Sky Sports on this. Get NWT and Granada Reports involved. I've even asked if Visually can donate some banners, what else can we do? Give us some suggestions, (Everyone) if it winds up with me needing to lie down infront of a bulldozer I'll do it...

Fair enough it doesn't look good but is that not making you hungrier to survive?

I don't know about everyone else but I'm not prepared to sit on my arse and watch the club i love just disappear.

My mum used to do the turnstiles before she passed away and i have clear memories of sitting on the turnstile between the RRE and the lookers as a nipper just after the glory days and those memories mean too much to just be ruined.

I was born just as we were going up so i don't really remember the premier league days but i do know i at least want the opportunity to feel the sense of pride and passion my family describe to me.

Like i say, I'm not sitting waiting for up to go under. It obviously is going to be tough but we've done it once, as have many other clubs. Why can't we do it again? I'm going to email every local and maybe even national business i can think of and ask for support if needs own.I don't mind being cheeky.

If anyone fancies lifting their chin from the floor and being proud of the club then feel free to help me. I can't save a football club on my own.

To be honest i think a lot of it comes down to frustration at the whole situation. For once, similar to 2003, we are going well, we have a good side that looks to be going places and then suddenly WHACK, and it just seems that similar to 2003 our team will be ripped apart come the summer. The similarities between those times and now are all too familiar, whereas 2003 it was M**re and now its the council. Everytime we look as if we are progressing something comes along and casts real doubts over not only our squad but our very existance.

Yes we have been in scrapes before and managed to come out the other side, weaker playing staff wise but stronger as a club. This is the first time since the TTA and now SC have been here where i feel as if the owners are genuienely fecked off with the whole thing. SC said he would never put this club into admin, and im sure he is a man of his word. On the flip side of that, unless things improve regarding our stadium issues there may not be a club to put into administration or at least not one that resembles Oldham Athletic. Yes football is only a game, and yes life will go on with or without Latics, but for so many people the club has played such a large part in their lives that if it all goes tits up and we go to the wall then life wont be the same again. It maybe sounds a bit melodramatic, but it just seems to be one kick after another supporting Latics and it does wear you down!

:unsure:

Edited by Killens_physio

I take it this is Amy rather than Mike? We've set up a petition, we intend to lobby the council, MPs and the club's directors to urge the parties to work on a solution for the good of Oldham Athletic IN Oldham. We can write letters to the Chron, MEN, I'm in the process of writing a blog for Sky Sports on this. Get NWT and Granada Reports involved. I've even asked if Visually can donate some banners, what else can we do? Give us some suggestions, (Everyone) if it winds up with me needing to lie down infront of a bulldozer I'll do it...

don't know who amy or mike is matey but i want to be heavily involved in this as much as work will allow. Pm me anything i can do.

hear hear

Dead right we need to put off pitch worries aside and get behind the team the priority is to get something from the match tommorow.