What do the following have in common?

Kaskemoor - Huge site

South Chadderton

Grange

Counthill - Massive site!

Breeze Hill - Same as

Our Lady's Big site

Saint Augustine's -

7 school's all relocating to new buildings within the next 2 years or so - so there are options within the borough to build a stadium and each of the above are big enough to build a new stadium. And the licenses to print money could still be built at Failsworth.

Oh and although locked by domestic dwellings Merton playing fields is a huge site and now that Augustines are moving could be an option (and have been left to rot for years)

The Meridian Centre was long the first choice for new Catholic College, I believe that's quite a large site and right on the by-pass

:censored: loads of land in Derker that will now be left to rot

Coal Pit Lane

Hollinwood Gas Works

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being that they are School Sized, some of them are being used for the relocation of other Schools e.g. Our Lady's is to be replaced by Grange. Though granted not sure what they are using Grange for.

The only one being used for another school I can think of is Our Lady's

Count Hill and Breeze Hill are massive sites...

Edited by oafcprozac

What do the following have in common?

Kaskemoor - Huge site

South Chadderton

Grange

Counthill - Massive site!

Breeze Hill - Same as

Our Lady's Big site

Saint Augustine's -

7 school's all relocating to new buildings within the next 2 years or so - so there are options within the borough to build a stadium and each of the above are big enough to build a new stadium. And the licenses to print money could still be built at Failsworth.

Oh and although locked by domestic dwellings Merton playing fields is a huge site and now that Augustines are moving could be an option (and have been left to rot for years)

The Meridian Centre was long the first choice for new Catholic College, I believe that's quite a large site and right on the by-pass

:censored: loads of land in Derker that will now be left to rot

Coal Pit Lane

Hollinwood Gas Works

Where abouts in hollinwood is the gas works?

Great thread and positive thinking with excellent areas to be considered , but does anyone know if this access problem at Failsworth is a major issue cos if it is no point thinking about developing the site if access isnt going to be granted ? Also whilst i would be in my absolute element there is a few million quids worth of houses in between St Augustines and Merton playing fields so looks like a none starter.

Great thread and positive thinking with excellent areas to be considered , but does anyone know if this access problem at Failsworth is a major issue cos if it is no point thinking about developing the site if access isnt going to be granted ? Also whilst i would be in my absolute element there is a few million quids worth of houses in between St Augustines and Merton playing fields so looks like a none starter.

Including yours Mike? :wink:

Edited by oafcprozac

My uninformed view is that Derker is the best location for any new stadium.

Given the end of the Housing Market Renewal scheme it seems the area will otherwise remain a rotting slum for the foreseeable future (no offence). As far as I can see it ticks all the boxes from both the club and council's perspectives.

My uninformed view is that Derker is the best location for any new stadium.

Given the end of the Housing Market Renewal scheme it seems the area will otherwise remain a rotting slum for the foreseeable future (no offence). As far as I can see it ticks all the boxes from both the club and council's perspectives.

Said the same Stitch, ideal - no Nimbys either…...

Look over the wall at the top of Hodge Clough Road and look at the shedloads of land where there was supposed to be a public golf course being built for the last 10 years or so (typical OMBC - nothing happend). Why not build a ground there? Absolutely perfect location.

Another council fiasco - the Beal Valley golf course :lol:

The top of Mertons is owned by Hulme Grammar as well i think (the all weather pitch?)