Relocation in Oldham

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At one of the meetings though it was stated that Beal Valley was a flood plane, and although they could raise the stadium they couldnt raise the car park

Car-park is not a necessity. Park and ride, small car-park hammer local restrictions on match-day like most other grounds. Simples!!!!

"Always with you it cannot be done…"

yoda.jpg

The board, not you Carl….

There are no problems, only solutions….POSITIVITY!!!!

Car-park is not a necessity. Park and ride, small car-park hammer local restrictions on match-day like most other grounds. Simples!!!!

"Always with you it cannot be done…"

yoda.jpg

The board, not you Carl….

There are no problems, only solutions….POSITIVITY!!!!

Or just provide a swimming pool, underneath the car park ,a natural water one!

MAybe one of those slides from the top of the stand too!

Kaskenmoor is a no go. Purely for the simple fact there is also another school on that land which was only built 6 years ago.

Add to that the astroturf has been condemned since september and no further plans to do it up have yet been finalised. It isnt owned by Kaskenmoor. The ball hall however is.

The talk at the minute (and has been for a good six months or so) is that the school (New Bridge) which shares Kaskenmoor is looking into the possibility of taking over the land and using the current OASIS/Kaskenmoor as a Post 19 special needs school. At current they own the car park and half the playground, so what Kaskenmoor/Oasis actually own themselves is nowhere near big enough to build a football ground.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Somebody please show me where this 20 to 30 acre site in Derker is, because I go there 3 times a week and have yet to see it.

They could pull some more of the houses down but a lot of what is left now actually ok. Just London Rd and a few others that are in limbo, but right next to it you have stoneleigh st which will never get demolished and is actually a nice street.

Well thats made my dad laugh.... as he has strong links to a few of the schools mentioned.

Breeze Hill .... Landfill site. Perfectly flat MASSIVE MASSIVE opportunity to build quickly. Methane issue been sorted since 1990 so 20 years to settle down with no issues. when school was closed for 12 months . Opens up the opportunity to develop a JOINT OMBC venture retaining BATHS and 3 G pitch (even if refurbished). Nimbys not many. BIG ISSUE is access but could be sorted off Abbeyhills Rd, Roundthorn Road. Off Lees road not very easy but Breeze Hill Road possible with creativity? Also chance to save the Humanities block only built in 1990s as 6th form opened. Waste to demolish. School has lots of land. OMBC has even more wet in parts but not the main open fields. PERFECT IN MY VIEW.

Counthill...... YOU MUST BE joking it isnt a massive site at all far smaller than you would think remember school on one side playing fields on other side of road. ICE STATION SUB ZEROOOOOOOOOOO and not a hope in hell of ever playing in winter. Dad had a really good chuckle at that one. Drainage issues as it stands. No better access than Breeze Hill. Nimbys would tear it apart as objected to new drains..... Farm land starts sooner than you think. Lovely views however.

Kaskenmoor. New Bridge a developing site and likely to grow. No chance.

Augustines lol lol lol. Own nothing, worth having thats why its relocating.

Grange see Augustines.

Beal Valley / Derker SHOULD have been a starter but thats an OMBC issue.

i still had to do cross country in the snow and ice so why cant they play football? :grin:

drainage was always a problem, like you say not sure if the school site would be big enough, the playing fields would though, the farmland wouldnt be a problem

Totally off the wall suggestion.

Old Shaws Pallet Works in Diggle

OMBC own 2 front fields and land to right (well they did in 2009 according to interweb

Wiggett Construction the rest.

Did plan to build school there but it got shelved.

Clearly historic bullding, but that was not a problem in faildswort

Not sure of acreage and land price an issue, but presumably they will want to sell now and some sort of deal could be done.

Covnverting that to Leisure would fit the regen bill

Nimby is an issue in once sense, it;s Diggle, but the number of actual houses near it is tiny.

Anyone know anything else, I cannot find any up to date info

Totally off the wall suggestion.

OMBC own 2 front fields and land to right (well they did in 2009 according to interweb

Not sure of acreage and land price an issue, but presumably they will want to sell now and some sort of deal could be done.

Nimby is an issue in once sense, it;s Diggle, but the number of actual houses near it is tiny.

Anyone know anything else, I cannot find any up to date info

P&R took over the factory. Even if it was available it's too expensive/nice an area.

<!--quoteo(post=469678:date=Feb 14 2011, 23:05 PM:name=singe)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (singe @ Feb 14 2011, 23:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=469678"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Totally off the wall suggestion.

Anyone know anything else, I cannot find any up to date info<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

P&R took over the factory. Even if it was available it's too expensive/nice an area.

ooo what a good idea...build it in SADDLEWORTH !!! There may well be the odd one or two nimbys in that area dont you think ?

kaskenmoor,st augustins and south chadd site are not big enuff,now coal pit lane is plenty but only 1 main access route

think you will find south chad school on butterworth lane is adequate....the actual site of the school is set out in 5 buildings.plus the playing fields..plus the land that runs down the side of the canal towards the bride at hollinwood ave....the only stumbling block could be whitegane primary school which is on the other side on butterworth lane..but it is a big site...access from m60 slip road and hollinwood ave and broadway moston and hollinwood train stations close by....major bus routes close...

ooo what a good idea...build it in SADDLEWORTH !!! There may well be the odd one or two nimbys in that area dont you think ?

Yes, that's why I mentioned it in my post.

But I did qualify it.

It's council land recently purchased private land not charity bequethed, which was the problem with Failsworth and Clayton Fields.

It was industrial land.

It's ripe for renegeration land.

It is a large distance from nearby houses, and there are only a few.

Falmer in Brighton is a simialr situation.

Don't get me wrong, I was brought up in Diggle till I was 16, so have fond memories of the place.

Just a suggestion that has not been mentioned

Edited by singe

I live a few minutes away from the old WH Shaws site, and would have absolutely no objection at all to that! I can't see there being any different objections than the usual NIMBYS from any other residential area. It would create jobs, boost the local economy, and would be a cracking view on canal walks! Not sure if the site has the magical 30-acre figure though?

<!--quoteo(post=469678:date=Feb 14 2011, 23:05 PM:name=singe)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (singe @ Feb 14 2011, 23:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=469678"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Totally off the wall suggestion.

Anyone know anything else, I cannot find any up to date info<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Stitch, who are P&R?

It's Patterson & Rothwell I think.

Just had a quick look at their website, which still shows them based at Mount Pleasant in Oldham, so a satelite site?

Maybe not a major obstacle?

But anyway, sound slike Chadderton/Hollinwood is the actual location according to smartz

Patterson and Rothwell use it as a distribution and manufacturing plant i believe!

The so called golf course on bullcote lane cannot be built on, as i remember being told when we were looking at moving due to the fact there are underground mines, as i have said before, surely it wouldnt cost that much to fill them?