Chron Teaser: SPECIAL REPORT ON WHERE LATICS GO NEXT

Would you fit a stadium on there?

I agree carl,

It seems unusual to move into town, can't think of amny stadiums that have done that in reent years, expecially as we need more amenities to be self financing.

Alec it sould like idle talk you have heard by someone wildly specualting and not thinking I would have thought.

I agree carl,

It seems unusual to move into town, can't think of amny stadiums that have done that in reent years, expecially as we need more amenities to be self financing.

Alec it sould like idle talk you have heard by someone wildly specualting and not thinking I would have thought.

Warrington Wolves stadium is in the town centre, but I agree. Not a chance will you fit a stadium on the tommyfield market site, not a chance would we get planning permission for it, and there would be a large number of people against it.

Sounded like a wind-up to me!

Perhaps it would fit though, for when we join a local five-a-side league!!

(I would have thought the land values of the market were way beyond any financial abilities of Oldham Athletic)

think it was a wind up , thats how I saw it anyway,

Can't see Tommyfield being big enough to be honest, wonder if some of the land freed up by St Mary's being knocked down is available for the bowling / cinema, to go alongside the stadium!

I dont think he was serious, I mean no one in the right mind would think a stadium could go on Tommyfield surely?

Warrington Wolves stadium is in the town centre, but I agree. Not a chance will you fit a stadium on the tommyfield market site, not a chance would we get planning permission for it, and there would be a large number of people against it.

I was meaning football, where fans are very much kept apart.

Not an issue per se, as Tommyfield was a joke, but an interesting aspect as to whether we could ever get close to the town centre with the land needed for the self financing side.

I doubt it, as yous say, not enough space.

:grin:

It just seems like a random collection of business and retail parks to me... is the centre the bit where all the traffic stops? :wink:

:lol:

The town centre was redeveloped a couple of years ago. Its dam good now I will have you know :)

All the business and retail parks is a good example to Oldham Council on how a proper council handles / encourages commercial growth and investment. Which means jobs!

We also have Cinemas, Bowling, Restaurants, Swimming Pools, Concert venues, Art Galleries...etc etc etc oh yeah, and the main sports club home is right in the middle of town...

We also have two major train stations and three motorways... Its a fecking awesome place to live :)

Oldham Council, not fit for purpose...

Edited by oafc0000

three motorways... Its a fecking awesome place to live

M62

M60

A627(M)

Matched!

In fact, I could argue that the funny little spur that comes off the first junction of the A627(M) wins it (but I think it comes under Rochdale so I won't).

And we have a road with a "no horse and carts" sign at its entrance ... clear signs of progress in Oldham!