i'm not Smalley's biggest fan and it must be remembered that he is scoring goals in a division below us, he wasn't looking like scoring when he was here.

Having said that I would take him back in place of Feeney or Reid.

A striker – On form? Confident? Scoring goals? Well I never!

You have to remember it’s in the division below; in a side who are flying (for the most part)......but even still – a confident, on form Deane Smalley is a decent player at our level who will cause problems for teams.

If you list all our strikers; on ability shown to-date and current form – from messers Feeney, Reid, Tounkara & Brooke – on his recent form; Deane Smalley is at the head of that list currently.

Based on the few seconds a week we see of him on telly, he is taking chances he would always have missed here.

That is something that makes him worth having back next season.

For the record, the decision to loan him out was the right one imo.

i'm not Smalley's biggest fan and it must be remembered that he is scoring goals in a division below us, he wasn't looking like scoring when he was here.

Having said that I would take him back in place of Feeney or Reid.

O'Grady never looked like scoring for us, or many for the clubs he went on loan to.. banged however many in for Dale last season and has got 8 so far this season..

I think the first sentence reference to Boundary Park should be seen as positive for next season ...

Doesn't Smalley's contract run out at end of the season..?

O'Grady never looked like scoring for us, or many for the clubs he went on loan to.. banged however many in for Dale last season and has got 8 so far this season..

Whittaker, Davies and Smalley are also scoring goals at a lower level this season.

O'Grady scored 10 in 19 appearances at a lower level last season but has 8 in 33 appearances this season at a higher level.

There really is a big difference between Leagues 1 & 2 as O'Grady's stats prove.

Bringing Smalley back would definately not ensure he would continue his scoring at League 1 level.

Whittaker, Davies and Smalley are also scoring goals at a lower level this season.

O'Grady scored 10 in 19 appearances at a lower level last season but has 8 in 33 appearances this season at a higher level.

There really is a big difference between Leagues 1 & 2 as O'Grady's stats prove.

Bringing Smalley back would definately not ensure he would continue his scoring at League 1 level.

he'll be confident though, which might rub off on some of the other players

i'm guessing he's been playing upfront to get that many goals but chesterfield have got davies, lester and talbot upfront so can anyone confirm?

There's little difference between the divisons in my opinion, illustrated by frequent cup 'upsets' and newly promoted 'surprise packages'. I think a player's individual performance is more down to whether he 'clicks' in a particular set-up rather than simply whether he's performing in the 3rd or 4th of the many serious leagues in the country. It surely couldn't be that cut and dried?

O'Grady won't match last seasons impressive 22 goals, however the 12 he's on for this term is acceptable for a secondary striker. Wayne Rooney only has 8 (in 29 appearances), and 2 of those have been in the last 5 days! Goals aside, as an ever-present this season I imagine O'Grady is doing things right.

Getting to the point, I'd like to see Smalley back. Infact I'd love to have him back for Saturday....

8 in 33...I'd take that alongside tounkara instead of feeney/reid.