OAFC OMBC Joint Statement

From who's prospective ? All we need is space for a stadium...

I will never accept Failsworth was a good location.

Failsworth was a good location for a football stadium in many respects

Whether it was a good location for Oldham Athletics stadium is another matter.

None as good as Failsworth though. Think the fans will be more favourable to the new site within Oldham if that ever happens.

you cant make such a sweeping statement like that unless you know of the other sites available can you.

failsworth was favourable because the club told us it was..because the club told us it was failsworth or bust....which in light of yesterdays anouncement by the club,it obviously isnt true....

failsworth was favourable to the club as mr corney had purchased the lancaster club and its grounds...he doesnt want to waste 3.5 million....

until the new site/s are made public we wont know....until then its back to guessing again

Failsworth was a good location for a football stadium in many respects

Whether it was a good location for Oldham Athletics stadium is another matter.

Considering its a Oldham Athletic forum I think we can presume we only have OAFC as the concern :P

The rarely-wrong Chron says Saddleworth parish councillor Ken Hulme will ask Cabinet on Wednesday how much the authority’s efforts to help relocate the club cost council taxpayers, how much of the council’s budget has been allocated to pay for future efforts to find a new stadium and what budget constraints have been imposed on this.

The rarely-wrong Chron says Saddleworth parish councillor Ken Hulme will ask Cabinet on Wednesday how much the authority’s efforts to help relocate the club cost council taxpayers, how much of the council’s budget has been allocated to pay for future efforts to find a new stadium and what budget constraints have been imposed on this.

First thing i noticed always gonna be someone who is not happy. However he his right if this was something i had no interest in being built i like to know how much it cost. Hopefully things will move on swifty good to see the council and Corney sitting down but how long it goes on for will wait and see.

Both the Club and the Council have said further dialogue, joint work and meetings will continue over the next few weeks. An update on the progress of these talks will only be issued when they both feel able to outline their proposed next steps. Until that point they will not be making any further public comment on this matter.

I know it's asking a lot, and I may be very naive, but if anyone on OWTB hears from a reliable :sauce: the name of any site being looked at by the Council and the Club, just this once would you please do as I am doing and keep quiet about it. Otherwise I fear a residents' action group will be up and running even before proposals see the light of day, and, as we know only too well, delays cost money.

Careless talk could cost the life of your football Club!

Both the Club and the Council have said further dialogue, joint work and meetings will continue over the next few weeks. An update on the progress of these talks will only be issued when they both feel able to outline their proposed next steps. Until that point they will not be making any further public comment on this matter.

I know it's asking a lot, and I may be very naive, but if anyone on OWTB hears from a reliable :sauce: the name of any site being looked at by the Council and the Club, just this once would you please do as I am doing and keep quiet about it. Otherwise I fear a residents' action group will be up and running even before proposals see the light of day, and, as we know only too well, delays cost money.

Careless talk could cost the life of your football Club!

Its besides the point though... Wherever the new site (hopefully) is the local residents will have ample time to either support or fight the plans. Leaking it early on here (a site you have to be a member to view) is going to make little difference.

And every Latics fan will be so relieved to have a club to support that the watered down stadium plan of the watered down stadium plan of the watered down stadium plan will be thankful that the new Ikea 6000 seater stadium is built. Knowing that with the land prices that's all we can afford.

And every Latics fan will be so relieved to have a club to support that the watered down stadium plan of the watered down stadium plan of the watered down stadium plan will be thankful that the new Ikea 6000 seater stadium is built. Knowing that with the land prices that's all we can afford.

I would think the dwindling number of supporters would be relieved to continue to have this Club to support in a stadium, regardless of size and quality, subsidised by commercial and leisure facilities producing income all year round? If that stadium turns out to be one of which we can be proud, that would be a bonus.

I would think the dwindling number of supporters would be relieved to continue to have this Club to support in a stadium, regardless of size and quality, subsidised by commercial and leisure facilities producing income all year round? If that stadium turns out to be one of which we can be proud, that would be a bonus.

Which has just proved his point Diego has it not? Going from a 16000 seater redevelopment at BP, then 'watered down' as some would say to a 12k seater at Failsworth, to be watered down yet again. My personal guess is that any new stadium will have a look similar to Weston Homes Community Stadium and New Meadow with a capacity of just under 10,000.

Which has just proved his point Diego has it not? Going from a 16000 seater redevelopment at BP, then 'watered down' as some would say to a 12k seater at Failsworth, to be watered down yet again. My personal guess is that any new stadium will have a look similar to Weston Homes Community Stadium and New Meadow with a capacity of just under 10,000.

I'm not disagreeing with either of you. Your stadium size guess will fit the dwindling numbers comfortably. It will make a loss but the development around the remainder of the complex will cover that comfortably. That's the idea isn't it, if a suitable site can be found, preferably in the Borough?

I'm not disagreeing with either of you. Your stadium size guess will fit the dwindling numbers comfortably. It will make a loss but the development around the remainder of the complex will cover that comfortably. That's the idea isn't it, if a suitable site can be found, preferably in the Borough?

The idea is as vague as can be. Corney confirmed Latics will own the stadium in a past fans forum. What profits, if any, Latics will get from the "other" developments is unknown.

Or have I missed something ?

Edited by oafc0000

The idea is as vague as can be. Corney confirmed Latics will own the stadium in a past fans forum. What profits, if any, Latics will get from the "other" developments is unknown.

By now we all should have been a lot clearer about the Three Amigos' proposals, but the Council paying insufficient attention to the detailed procedures required to convince the Charity Commission about the land swap has killed the Failsworth scheme.

i think everybody has missed something actually..myself included....and that is..other than the stadium what else willbe included

at the bp site..it was the housing which was paying for the stadium...which had corporate facilities,a hotel,office space....that was going to make us self supporting...

at the failsworth site again it was mentioned about office space,corporate facilities and also the football pitches...others myself included were also saying cinema,bowling alley,resteraunts etc...

truth of the matter is we dont know..we just know there will be a stdium as minimum...size to be determined at later date....we just dont know,and until the club actually comes up with a new site,new plans and designs we will never know....patience is a virtue,or so were told.....trouble is patience is slowly killing us off

Those on here who have demonstrated themselves to be less deranged have concluded that TTA intention is/was to bundle up the whole development up into one entity, OAFC, to be eventually sold on for millions of billions. Latics would benefit from all additional revenue streams, but this would be reflected in the asking price of the club.

You mustn't have logged those days. :wink:

Those on here who have demonstrated themselves to be less deranged have concluded that TTA intention is/was to bundle up the whole development up into one entity, OAFC, to be eventually sold on for millions of billions. Latics would benefit from all additional revenue streams, but this would be reflected in the asking price of the club.

You mustn't have logged those days. :wink:

Ah cheers <_<