Post match thread - Tics vs Bournemouth

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nt

I think we're gonna get dragged into a relegation battle, never mind the next point I can't see where the next goal is coming from. Something at the club is seriously wrong, we're creating very little and I'm so pissed off tonight that all the off field crap has caused our season to implode YET AGAIN!!!!

Going for a lie down in a darkened room

Still no wins since the doom and gloom descended after the Charity Commission's decision. I'm sure that's just a coincidence though, what with professional footballers being robots who aren't affected by what happens off the pitch.

Worst run since the 1922 season:

English Division 1 (old) Sa 04Feb 1922 Oldham 0 - 3 Chelsea

English Division 1 (old) Th 09Feb 1922 Preston 0 - 0 Oldham

English Division 1 (old) Sa 11Feb 1922 Chelsea 1 - 0 Oldham

English Division 1 (old) Sa 18Feb 1922 Oldham 0 - 2 Sheff Utd

English Division 1 (old) Sa 25Feb 1922 Sheff Utd 1 - 0 Oldham

English Division 1 (old) Sa 04Mar 1922 Oldham 0 - 1 Burnley

That season, we then went on to beat Liverpool 4-0 at home and beat Man U 3-0 away at Old Trafford!

Worst run since the 1922 season:

English Division 1 (old) Sa 04Feb 1922 Oldham 0 - 3 Chelsea

English Division 1 (old) Th 09Feb 1922 Preston 0 - 0 Oldham

English Division 1 (old) Sa 11Feb 1922 Chelsea 1 - 0 Oldham

English Division 1 (old) Sa 18Feb 1922 Oldham 0 - 2 Sheff Utd

English Division 1 (old) Sa 25Feb 1922 Sheff Utd 1 - 0 Oldham

English Division 1 (old) Sa 04Mar 1922 Oldham 0 - 1 Burnley

That season, we then went on to beat Liverpool 4-0 at home and beat Man U 3-0 away at Old Trafford!

Yeah Stephens scored in the 48th minute v Dagenham so the current run excluding injury time in any of the last 6 games is 9 hours and 42 minutes, the players need a rocket up their arses, they're good enough to score goals but are scared of shooting need to get their fingers out of their arses and step up to the plate. A lot of gutless young men out there wearing the shirt at the moment. Can't comment on today, but I can on the previous 5 scoreless outings...

Edited by oafcprozac

Still no wins since the doom and gloom descended after the Charity Commission's decision. I'm sure that's just a coincidence though, what with professional footballers being robots who aren't affected by what happens off the pitch.

In my previous job my company were trying to move for about 5 years. Never once did it bother me, I was never gutted when a move feel through (which happened about 3 or 4 times).

The players are employees, not fans.

Sounded quite bad on LP.. So will Dickov stick to what he said to the players and any more shocking performances like that and he'll replace them with the youths??

well we got battered by saints and quite rightly black was dropped...we got battered by peterborough and quite rightly evina was dropped....so i spose thats consistant...

season over now..might as well start planning for next season....id like to see him stick to his word and drop the bottlers and put the kids in...if not he will just be like shez..talks a good fight but sits on hands....

needs sorting quickly...

well we got battered by saints and quite rightly black was dropped...we got battered by peterborough and quite rightly evina was dropped....so i spose thats consistant...

season over now..might as well start planning for next season....id like to see him stick to his word and drop the bottlers and put the kids in...if not he will just be like shez..talks a good fight but sits on hands....

needs sorting quickly...

Season is most certainly not over, we've got at least 6 points to fight for to ensure we survive in the division. If we do go into administration we're fooked...

Yeah Stephens scored in the 48th minute v Dagenham so the current run excluding injury time in any of the last 6 games is 9 hours and 42 minutes

Not related but..

9 hours 42 minutes is the time it took Nicolas Mahut to beat John Isner at the 2010 Wimbledon tournament - The longest game ever in tennis history.

Season is most certainly not over, we've got at least 6 points to fight for to ensure we survive in the division. If we do go into administration we're fooked...

i cant honestly see where the goals are going to come from.....

dickov names himself in 22 man squad but doesnt name himself in match squad....at 2-0 down surely his enthusiastic manner would have been better than another toothless front line????

season over as in flirting with the playoffs...been bad for a while but i have now resigned meself to that being it.....think it will reflect also in attendances at home as well now as i imagine a lot of people will be feeling the same

In my previous job my company were trying to move for about 5 years. Never once did it bother me, I was never gutted when a move feel through (which happened about 3 or 4 times).

The players are employees, not fans.

Were your employers making numerous public statements that the company's money had run out, that there was no light at the end of the tunnel, that they couldn't afford to pay you, and that "people should be worried, i'm worried"? I'm sorry but it can't be a coincidence that they've gone from beating Hartlepool 4-0, having the majority of possession most games and looking a match for pretty much anyone in the division to playing with no confidence and being unable to hit a cow's arse with a banjo, at the exact same time that all the attention has switched to what's happening off the pitch. They haven't just turned into bad players en masse overnight.

Problem is, I don't know what the solution is.

I don't know why more or less the same players that have been great at times are no longer great.

I don't know what I'd change in the team (I'd probably go Alessandra on the left and Morais/Jones on the right with Taylor and Tonk up front, but would that improve things?).

Time for Dickov to find out if he really is a good manager now.

Edited by opinions4u

Problem is, I don't know what the solution is.

I don't know why more or less the same players that have been great at times are no longer great.

I don't know what I'd change in the team (I'd probably go Alessandra on the left and Morais/Jones on the right with Taylor and Tonk up front, but would that improve things?).

Time for Dickov to find out if he really is a good manager now.

suspensions and injuries to key players in last 6 matches....coupled with a front line devoid of ideas and having to rely on a 36 year old central defender...

Were your employers making numerous public statements that the company's money had run out, that there was no light at the end of the tunnel, that they couldn't afford to pay you, and that "people should be worried, i'm worried"? I'm sorry but it can't be a coincidence that they've gone from beating Hartlepool 4-0, having the majority of possession most games and looking a match for pretty much anyone in the division to playing with no confidence and being unable to hit a cow's arse with a banjo, at the exact same time that all the attention has switched to what's happening off the pitch. They haven't just turned into bad players en masse overnight.

No they weren't. But to be honest no one in the public would have cared. Internally it was known we were looking for a smaller office, so hence people being made redundant. It just spurred me on to work harder if anything, rather than sitting back and waiting for the inevitable job losses.

Really?

I just googled 9 hours 42 minutes and got this site http://www.worldtennismagazine.com/archives/2763

Anyways back to football...

The players have no excuse for not scoring when we've seen that they're good enough (just watch season review part 1!). Since Reid has been introduced he's offered nothing up front but can you blame Dickov when his record at Rotherham was so good? Feeney has scored 1 all season and has been a complete waste of money. Tounkara's laziness seems to be catching on and were missing a Gregan character in the team to bollock the stupid mistakes that have been consistant in the latter half of the season.

Off the field matters seem to have disrupted the team but to be honest I don't care - they are all professionals on a good wage and the performances have been way below par. It worries me that something serious could be happening behind the scenes that hasn't come out yet, 10 points off our 46 would really be a kick in the balls to the loyal supporters.

Let's just have more Celtic/Rangers banter.

Far more entertaining.

Woof.

Just got back, and the worst thing about the game was the cocks from the Rifle Range singing Celtic songs. Shame they can't actually sing about the team they've travelled to Bournmouth to support. A lot of them don't even support Celtic - just join in to be part of the clique. :queerim9: