company pulls out

stock-photo-putting-the-last-nail-in-the-coffin-12072184.jpg

Utter tosh.

The contribution to the clubs coffers will have bene neglible.

And they have pulled iout of all the Soccer Savers not just ours.

The club are just making sure they are distancing themselves from the decision, and rightly so.

Edited by singe

Only a football club (or a public body) could express "disappointment" over another business taking the unsurprising view to drop an unprofitable venture. Pity the Latics board weren't as financially astute in their dealings over the ground redevelopment/move.

Only a football club (or a public body) could express "disappointment" over another business taking the unsurprising view to drop an unprofitable venture. Pity the Latics board weren't as financially astute in their dealings over the ground redevelopment/move.

I think it's disappointing to enter in to an agreement with a firm that commenced 2 months ago and see them back out so soon.

Although how Skipton expected to generate significant flows of funds for their business at 1.19% AER is beyond me!

I think it's disappointing to enter in to an agreement with a firm that commenced 2 months ago and see them back out so soon.

Although how Skipton expected to generate significant flows of funds for their business at 1.19% AER is beyond me!

Very true, I am amazed that (the normally tight! :grin: )LAtics fans took part.

I can only think they joined, got the shirt, then closed the account!

I take the opposite view, it was not very astute of the Skipton BS board and Marketing Dept to create scheme where every one joined, got a great deal on shirt and pulled their money out, or put the bare minimum in the first place.

Don;t forget this is not just an Oldham Athletic scheme, lots of clubs joined.

In fact if anything we are victims of our own success

Edited by singe

Very true, I am amazed that (the normally tight! :grin: )LAtics fans took part.

I can only think they joined, got the shirt, then closed the account!

o4u Jr is still waiting for his shirt.

But once it arrives the £250 will be rapidly withdrawn.

To pay for my season ticket :wink: !

I suspect the 'attraction' (to Skipton) was the potential to raise awareness of the brand rather than to attract funds. The fact that there appears to have been a relatively low take-up suggests they are not achieving that objective - hence pull the plug before the cost of adminstering the scheme loses them money. Perfectly sound business logic imo.

PS I would imagine the scheme was set up with the football authorities on a 'trial' basis and the company's termination is covered by an appropriate legal clause in the agreement. Whether the individual clubs understood that is another question.