Would it be that bad?

I think the best thing to happen to us would be to get relegated we been in this league to long were not going to get promoted from it we been trying for what 10 yrs or summat were never gonna buy the league like the big boys do we don't have a big enough club what we do have is a good history and great traditions.

So we get relegated there's far worse things going on in this world to put football into real perspective

My opinion and only an opinion is if the club went down there's room to consolidate regroup and start the club off again our budget wouldn't be as bad as others we have a solid hardcore of supporters who wouldn't desert us even in the harshest of circumstances and once we get our feet into it we can start building back up again hopefully the fans start flooding back football might start getting back to what it was and then when we get promoted back and have that experience behind us we'll hit this league running and do a Wigan or Doncaster

I'm to much of an optimised to think this club will die.

I think the best thing to happen to us would be to get relegated we been in this league to long were not going to get promoted from it we been trying for what 10 yrs or summat were never gonna buy the league like the big boys do we don't have a big enough club what we do have is a good history and great traditions.

So we get relegated there's far worse things going on in this world to put football into real perspective

My opinion and only an opinion is if the club went down there's room to consolidate regroup and start the club off again our budget wouldn't be as bad as others we have a solid hardcore of supporters who wouldn't desert us even in the harshest of circumstances and once we get our feet into it we can start building back up again hopefully the fans start flooding back football might start getting back to what it was and then when we get promoted back and have that experience behind us we'll hit this league running and do a Wigan or Doncaster

I think it would be disasterous if we got relegated this season. I can see your point, a step down followed by stabs at promotion, or better still promotion straight away would be the shot in the arm the club needs to get fans coming back. That, and the change of scenary a new division would bring.

We're far more likely though, in our current condition, to follow the route of Stockport, York City, Grimsby Town, Oxford United, Rushden, Luton Town, Wrexham, Cambridge United, Mansfield Town; all of which were a fixture in this division in the not too distant past.

To turn it around, relegated clubs from this divsion need a couple of things; a new stadium which in itself brings in vital cash revenues used to sustain promotion campaigns (Chesterfield, MK Franchise Scum, Shrewsbury) and or a new owner with cash on the hip willing to bankroll success (Peterborough, Doncaster, Huddersfield Town for example). It also can be done with a good management team such as Bournemouth and an even better example; Scunthorpe but clubs like those are far less common, besides which it all falls apart when said good management team leave for pastures new.

So, in a nutshell, relegation this season needs to be avoided at all costs. In fact, I'm amazed we've lasted so long in a division containing FOUR relegation berths.

If we get relegated I can predict with 100% confidence that we won't be in League Two for long.

Mansfield 2003

Grimsby 2004

Torquay 2005

Oxford 2001

Wrexham 2005

Rushden 2004

York 1999

Luton 2008 :shock:

Cambridge 2002

Stockport (soon to be) 2010 :shock:

Edited by oafcprozac

I think it would be disasterous if we got relegated this season. I can see your point, a step down followed by stabs at promotion, or better still promotion straight away would be the shot in the arm the club needs to get fans coming back. That, and the change of scenary a new division would bring.

We're far more likely though, in our current condition, to follow the route of Stockport, York City, Grimsby Town, Oxford United, Rushden, Luton Town, Wrexham, Cambridge United, Mansfield Town; all of which were a fixture in this division in the not too distant past.

To turn it around, relegated clubs from this divsion need a couple of things; a new stadium which in itself brings in vital cash revenues used to sustain promotion campaigns (Chesterfield, MK Franchise Scum, Shrewsbury) and or a new owner with cash on the hip willing to bankroll success (Peterborough, Doncaster, Huddersfield Town for example). It also can be done with a good management team such as Bournemouth and an even better example; Scunthorpe but clubs like those are far less common, besides which it all falls apart when said good management team leave for pastures new.

So, in a nutshell, relegation this season needs to be avoided at all costs. In fact, I'm amazed we've lasted so long in a division containing FOUR relegation berths.

The people in charge have been allowed to kill this club slowly, they won't like reading this but tough :censored:! Every person on the board is to blame for the mess we're in. But they find it easier to try and chastise and look after their own position whilst blaming everybody but themselves. The only way out of this mess is probably administration, so we're fooked either way.

Plus clubs in L2 receive less funding than they do in L1 and one thing Oldham cannot live with is another drop in funds going into the club.

Also clubs are less likely to loan their better players to teams in lower leagues and Oldham need good loan players to have a good season.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Plus clubs in L2 receive less funding than they do in L1 and one thing Oldham cannot live with is another drop in funds going into the club.

Also clubs are less likely to loan their better players to teams in lower leagues and Oldham need good loan players to have a good season.

I see some of the logic in the OP; but relegation would be 100% disastrous for us; on so many levels.

With the predicted ‘Northern Swing’ in League 1 for next season; to not be involved in it after so many seasons in this league with the ‘Southern Bias’ would be devastating.

The loss of even more fans as they become increasingly frustrated with the club & the costs involved to watch L2 football would be monumental, the drop on Revenue from greedy league payouts would hit the club hard, the quality of player that the club could attract would dwindle to next to nothing and with the general budget level; we’d be looking at a squad made up 1st & 2nd scholars (Routledge in goal anyone? Laird? Crompton? Etc) and the odd past it lower league journey who are cheap & who nobody else wants. Grim all round really eh?

Relegation this season is not an option IMO – as were it to happen; then it seals out fate; that being no more OAFC. We HAVE to stay up by hook or crook this season; we just have to.......