Notts County 0-2 Latics

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He got absolutely no service whatsoever from his teammates, couldnt do anything but he was the only nott's player that looked interested in playing, he had to resort to playing out on the wing in the second half he was that frustrated, he needs to get out of the sinking ship quickly , acknowledged the latics's fans before and after the game, i would have him back here anyday

Most fans would probably have him back.. However, i think the reported incident between him and Alan after the game at BP earlier in the season will have scuppered any chance of that..

Thanks.

Just watched Reids goal again! Great goal. Also I think Jones deserves some credit as well you could see he was up for taking the penalty. You need players like that.

Don't tell Prozac, but when Jones came on with 10 minutes left we had replaced the flair players of Morais and White ... Taylor switched to the left ... and we scored 2 goals.

A bit like the formation we started the season with?

Don't tell Prozac, but when Jones came on with 10 minutes left we had replaced the flair players of Morais and White ... Taylor switched to the left ... and we scored 2 goals.

A bit like the formation we started the season with?

excatly thats why this should be the team to start against charlton..

Brill

Lee Mvoto Hazell Evina

Jones Furman Lowe Taylor

Tounkare Reid

we scored TWICE with that team on the pitch.

excatly thats why this should be the team to start against charlton..

Brill

Lee Mvoto Hazell Evina

Jones Furman Lowe Taylor

Tounkare Reid

we scored TWICE with that team on the pitch.

Twice? <gulp>

I'd give Alessandra a run in front of Tonk.

But Dickov won't.

I like Morais, I really do, In fact, he's one of the best players we've had for some time, but I've been saying for a while that his inclusion was what unbalanced the side.

A straight 4-4-2 with wingers spreading teams wide has got to be better than giving Felipe a free roam, as he comes too far inside which only serves to crowd the box with defenders.

The front pairing, as O4U says, is open to debate, but I think Latics Lee is bang on with that team.

Best away trip in years! Lots of things already mentioned but a few things stood out for me:

Atmosphere in Hooters was quality.

Pleasantly surprised by the ground.

The pitch was absolutely terrible.

Latics fans were great throughout!

Unlike others on here I went absolutely mental after the 1st goal, for some strange reason it seemed more important than the win to me!

Stewarding was relaxed and very good, big shout out to the black steward in our corner who said he was a lucky charm for away teams as they'd won everytime he was there! :lol: to be fair when you saw how bad Notts were today it's not too surprising.

Hughes got a very good reception from our fans, luckily he didn't get any service today. He might be near the end of his career but he would just what we need now imo.

As bad as they were, I hope they stay up just so we can make a return trip there next year!

As memorable as the day was, the game was poor. The pitch can take a certain amount of the blame and I expected Notts to play better on it considering they've played on it all season, but we didn't play very smart at all and not for the 1st time. One thing Dickov needs to learn before this summer is that we need a style or the players that can compete in bad conditions as this lot really struggled to do so. It was the same as Bristol Rovers away, Morais is one of the most talented players in League One on a good pitch and White and Tounkara can be very effective in the right conditions (although White's form has dipped alarmingly) but they get badly bogged down on rubbish pitches as the passing game doesn't work well. The problem was painfully obvious when we constantly went the aerial route to Tonk who proved how inept he is in the air which made us look so poor. Luckily this type of attacking player should come reasonably cheap in the summer, so fingers crossed Dickov realises this and acts accordingly.

A few other points:

Brill looked solid and confident bar one screw up.

The back four dealt well with tricky conditions, as did Furman sat just in front of them.

Lowe was OK and did well with the pen.

Others will disagree but I still think Taylor will be more effective through the middle.

Reid took his goal well but was frustratingly lazy again.

Probably 3 more away trips to go this season, if they are anything like today then I'll be a happy man!

Onwards and Upwards at last!

KtF

It's all in the mind, good footballers should be able to play on any pitch, how would they have gone on the pre 1980s quagmires and dust bowls ?

Most fans would probably have him back.. However, i think the reported incident between him and Alan after the game at BP earlier in the season will have scuppered any chance of that..

i thought AH was retiring at the end of this season!!!??