Notts County 0-2 Latics

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done boys, confidence back into the team, hopefully play football with the extra spring in their step like at start of the season.

Shame about Morais though, hopefully not bad injury.

Was it a case of Lowe taking the penalty because he is new ? The rest of them must have been cacking their pants not wanting to miss it.

In Morais last interview he said they'd had a penalty competition in training to see who would take them now that Stephens has gone and it was between him and Taylor.

Morais was off and Taylor had just been fouled so maybe Lowe was the 3rd best. Well done lad.

Its that bloody Skipton Building Society. I put £250 in, we start losing. I withdraw the money last week, we win!

i put a massive football accumulator on would have won 458k only for oldham to lose as i put notts county to win fml.................

I'd forgotten what it feels like to win!

I only cheered once the second went in. Well done lads!

GET.THE.F&*K.IN.THERE!!!!!

Me too; punched the air for the 1st but a big cheers and massive grin after Reid's 2nd!

Massive win - a huge 3 points and a result that IMO sees us safe i feel. Lets kick on from this now and grab a few more wins to see us as far up the league places as we can get.

How did Lee Hughes play?

He got absolutely no service whatsoever from his teammates, couldnt do anything but he was the only nott's player that looked interested in playing, he had to resort to playing out on the wing in the second half he was that frustrated, he needs to get out of the sinking ship quickly , acknowledged the latics's fans before and after the game, i would have him back here anyday

That was a truly horrible game.

We were poor, they were awful. We have played far better in February and March and come out losers.

Interesting that White goes off, Jones slotted in on the right and Taylor moved over to the left (his best position imho) and we then go and create two chances that we finish off.

Credit to the defence for a clean sheet. Credit to Furman who I though was magnificent. Lee had a decent game overlapping. Credit to Taylor for the run that won the penalty. And despite my reservations about Reid he took his goal really well and does look like a six yard box striker. Wasn't impressed by White (althugh a great bit of defending denied him a certain first half goal), thought Tonk had another mare (the hard work we all loved at the start of the season is let down so much by a head down attitude and a complete lack of striker instinct) and Morais wasn't really missed after he went off.

Monkey off the back and all that - hopefully that will bring back the passion, the commitment and the purpose that we started the season with. Players were clearly as relieved / delighted as the fans and Dickov's Dowiesque celebration at the end was good to see.

How did Lee Hughes play?

He was okay. Their main threat but they didn't really create anything for him.

Ince was interviewed on local radio after the game and spoke about Notts County controlling the game for 85 minutes. If he really believes that he's on another planet. I'm not saying that Latics controlled the game but they had created the best two chances before the penalty came and I never really thought we were going to concede today.

I didn't notice M'Voto much today (although he should have had a penalty). But we've conceded 3 goals in 5 games since he came back. Compared to 11 in 3 prior to that.

Edited by opinions4u