Notts County 0-2 Latics

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot on O4U just want to add that our fans were top class today! Well done everyone who made the trip even county fans giving our praise on there forum.

was stunned when i went for a halftime piss to see the stewards had opened up the fire exits so that the 'tics could go for a smoke without smelling out the bogs, fair play a good club with loyal fans , just a poor team under paul ince playing with little passion today

Someone else came back at the same time- Dean Brill.....

People slate him and he gives me a heart attack more often than not but so did Pogliacomi and he's one of our better keepers of recent times... For all his mistakes Brill was in net when we were actually good this season!!

Someone else came back at the same time- Dean Brill.....

People slate him and he gives me a heart attack more often than not but so did Pogliacomi and he's one of our better keepers of recent times... For all his mistakes Brill was in net when we were actually good this season!!

How did Lee Hughes play?

As someone else said, he didn't get the service.

Full credit to Latics fans today. Instead of winding Hughes up, they chanted "Hughesy is an Oldham fan", sung the Coventry song and asked him to wave, which he did. If he had scored I'm sure he would not have done his dance today. He acknowledged the Latics fans, as much as he dare, before leaving the pitch.

You left the car behind then? :blink: .....

no, i literally did race another latic fan back , who had a fantastic number plate, i was hoping to follow them all the way home and put a bid in but i missed them as they turned off to get on the a627m :( Anyone know the owner of a black vauxhall astra, number plater O9 AFC ??

I'm very glad Brill has done well since he's been back. I don't believe he's a bad keeper per se, and I think this will do his confidence wonders.

I'm also glad Reid scored again. We've lacked a fox in the box style player for a while, and while he hasn't impressed much lately I think he's closer than anyone else for a while.

Bloody fantastic result

Is this our first double this season?

Brentford got there first.

I'm also glad Reid scored again. We've lacked a fox in the box style player for a while, and while he hasn't impressed much lately I think he's closer than anyone else for a while.

He's certainly the one who looks to have the knack of knowing where to be. He's not been great, but he gets closer to the net than any of our other strikers.

One thing we did a little more of today was ping balls back across the six yard box, rather than crossing from 30 yards back. White looked to be unlucky not to score. Tonk should have gone at his with more venom. Reid is the kind of player who can feed off that and Furman is the kind of player who could tuck away a panicked clearance.

Edited by opinions4u

Few observations about today -

1/ Taylor def better on wing than upfront.

2/ Loved the singing " Lets pretend we've scored a goal" and the celebrations that followed

3/ County the worst side i have seen for a home team in 20 years.

4/ Hate to see anyone lose their jobs but what a pleasure if incy wincy went after this. The phone in on local radio after was brill.

5/ Our Brill looked so confident today , was that because both sides were so sh*te they made him look good ??

4/ What's was wrong with Reid , i know he scored but he was absolutley knackered 10 mins after he came on and at the end he looked physically sick . Doesn't he train !!

5/ Over the last 20 years county have had a very similar history to us , ie premier down the lower reaches etc etc , crowds very similar but what a great ground . Thought it was perfect for our standard and why haven't we achieved the same over the years ??

6/ Well done today lads and hopefully put the nightmare of the last few months behind us.

Not been to Meadow Lane since the mid 1980s.

It was a dump then.

It's a decent place to watch football now.

Oh the things that can be achieved without a brand new stadium / site!

1/ Taylor def better on left wing than upfront.

Edited by opinions4u

Few observations about today -

1/ Taylor def better on wing than upfront. disagree, apart from the run for the pen which was great he didn't influence the game as much as he could do playing through the middle imo.

2/ Loved the singing " Lets pretend we've scored a goal" and the celebrations that followed. That and the celebration for disallowed goal from Tonk were brilliant!

3/ County the worst side i have seen for a home team in 20 years. Plymouth weren't much better but agree that Notts were awful.

4/ Hate to see anyone lose their jobs but what a pleasure if incy wincy went after this. The phone in on local radio after was brill. didn't hear the Ince interview but if he thought they dominated then he is completely deluded! Don't like the guy anyway but he simply isn't a good manager.

5/ Our Brill looked so confident today , was that because both sides were so sh*te they made him look good ?? Haha agreed.

4/ What's was wrong with Reid , i know he scored but he was absolutley knackered 10 mins after he came on and at the end he looked physically sick . Doesn't he train !!

5/ Over the last 20 years county have had a very similar history to us , ie premier down the lower reaches etc etc , crowds very similar but what a great ground . Thought it was perfect for our standard and why haven't we achieved the same over the years ?? +1

6/ Well done today lads and hopefully put the nightmare of the last few months behind us.

Best away trip in years! Lots of things already mentioned but a few things stood out for me:

Atmosphere in Hooters was quality.

Pleasantly surprised by the ground.

The pitch was absolutely terrible.

Latics fans were great throughout!

Unlike others on here I went absolutely mental after the 1st goal, for some strange reason it seemed more important than the win to me!

Stewarding was relaxed and very good, big shout out to the black steward in our corner who said he was a lucky charm for away teams as they'd won everytime he was there! :lol: to be fair when you saw how bad Notts were today it's not too surprising.

Hughes got a very good reception from our fans, luckily he didn't get any service today. He might be near the end of his career but he would just what we need now imo.

As bad as they were, I hope they stay up just so we can make a return trip there next year!

As memorable as the day was, the game was poor. The pitch can take a certain amount of the blame and I expected Notts to play better on it considering they've played on it all season, but we didn't play very smart at all and not for the 1st time. One thing Dickov needs to learn before this summer is that we need a style or the players that can compete in bad conditions as this lot really struggled to do so. It was the same as Bristol Rovers away, Morais is one of the most talented players in League One on a good pitch and White and Tounkara can be very effective in the right conditions (although White's form has dipped alarmingly) but they get badly bogged down on rubbish pitches as the passing game doesn't work well. The problem was painfully obvious when we constantly went the aerial route to Tonk who proved how inept he is in the air which made us look so poor. Luckily this type of attacking player should come reasonably cheap in the summer, so fingers crossed Dickov realises this and acts accordingly.

A few other points:

Brill looked solid and confident bar one screw up.

The back four dealt well with tricky conditions, as did Furman sat just in front of them.

Lowe was OK and did well with the pen.

Others will disagree but I still think Taylor will be more effective through the middle.

Reid took his goal well but was frustratingly lazy again.

Probably 3 more away trips to go this season, if they are anything like today then I'll be a happy man!

Onwards and Upwards at last!

KtF

Edited by the_mighty_bosh