New York

I did it. Think the observation deck is the 86th floor. Another $15 got you up to the 102nd floor, which was behind glass. Really not worth the extra money. You are easily high enough at 86 floors, and you end up with reflection from the glass on any pictures you get.

ah cheers for this Dave, I was considering the next floors up but will stick to 86th if its a waste of time :D

1. Make friends with the hotel concierge - some have friends in high places and can get you in some great venues (We got red carpet treatment at Hard Rock Cafe when Red Hot Chilli Peppers did a 'Friday Surprise' gig there). Though do bear in mind that they quite often get a backhander from restaurants etc for recommendations when the restaurant might not be very good.

2. Go to JFK and get a flight to LA - It's better :wink:

3. Go to Tiffanys and either; i) Buy her an engagement ring if she's the type to take you to NY for your birthday, or ii) Do what we did, and pretend to be interested in a $12,000 engagement ring - just sit there discussing whether it's as nice as the one you've seen at Harry Winstons and enjoy the free wine, coffee and truffles that they offer you while you make your mind up!

4. There's a couple of decent Irish bars on Second where everyone will talk to you if your missus walks off because you didn't buy her a $12k ring...

Edited by outoftheblue

1. Make friends with the hotel concierge - some have friends in high places and can get you in some great venues (We got red carpet treatment at Hard Rock Cafe when Red Hot Chilli Peppers did a 'Friday Surprise' gig there). Though do bear in mind that they quite often get a backhander from restaurants etc for recommendations when the restaurant might not be very good.

2. Go to JFK and get a flight to LA - It's better :wink:

3. Go to Tiffanys and either; A) Buy her an engagement ring if she's the type to take you to NY for your birthday, or B) Do what we did, and pretend to be interested in a $12,000 engagement ring - just sit there discussing whether it's as nice as the one you've seen at Harry Winstons and enjoy the free wine, coffee and truffles that they offer you while you make your mind up!

4. There's a couple of decent Irish bars on Second where everyone will talk to you if your missus walks off because you didn't buy her a $12k ring...

:lol: I shall let you tell my Dad that im considering a £12k engagement ring :grin:

There are various references to Irish bars in this thread, but the one that will take you back to the days featured in the film ‘Gangs of New York’ is McSorleys Old Ale House at 15 East 7th Street in the East Village. Its customers have included Abraham Lincoln, Brendan Behan and John Lennon. The paraphernalia in the bar is historical, but the sawdust on the floor is fresh each day.

Old Tom McSorley’s motto was “Be good or be gone”, later adapted by Iain Dowie.

McSorley's

Wikipedia

Wrong, my little boy-slut, i've never set foot in south america. I met enough yankees and world travellers in the middle east to confirm that brazilian lasses do do it as standard though, it isnt just a myth.

Trouble is, you can't tell if it really is a myth or a mythter....

Wrong, my little boy-slut, i've never set foot in south america. I met enough yankees and world travellers in the middle east to confirm that brazilian lasses do do it as standard though, it isnt just a myth.

boy slut , oh you tease :wink: