Ups And Downs

Chesterfield could secure promotion if they beat Macceslfield Town and Shrewsbury Town fail to beat Stockport County at The Prostar Stadium.

Chesterfield are currently 12 points clear of Shrewsbury in 4th place with 15 to play for.

If both Chesterfield and Shrewsbury win then the leaders will be all but up, as the shrews can only draw level points with Chesterfield currently having a better goal difference by 17.

So it's looking like we will be seeing Bury and Chesterfield being promoted very soon.

Let's hope Shewsbury can overtake Wycombe and a couple more northern teams can get into the play offs.

My ideal teams coming up would be.. chesterfield , bury , accrington, rotherham. But most probably will end up being chesterfield, bury, shrewsbury, wycombe.

Chesterfield could secure promotion if they beat Macceslfield Town and Shrewsbury Town fail to beat Stockport County at The Prostar Stadium.

Chesterfield are currently 12 points clear of Shrewsbury in 4th place with 15 to play for.

If both Chesterfield and Shrewsbury win then the leaders will be all but up, as the shrews can only draw level points with Chesterfield currently having a better goal difference by 17.

So it's looking like we will be seeing Bury and Chesterfield being promoted very soon.

Let's hope Bury don't do a Rochdale and end up above us too!

My ideal teams coming up would be.. chesterfield , bury , accrington, rotherham. But most probably will end up being chesterfield, bury, shrewsbury, wycombe.

Mine would be Chesterfield, Bury, Shrewsbury and Torquay (but only if we played them away in August or May, as that cannot be guaranteed) it would be Rotherham or maybe Port Vale. I have not forgiven Accy for that game earlier this season.

Coming down PNE, Sheff Utd and Donny :pray::pray: would be happy if Palace came down just for the cheerleaders. But it will be Scunny they looked bad when we played them in the cup

Let's hope Bury don't do a Rochdale and end up above us too!

Don't forget the season we were relegated into this league both Bury and Stockport were promoted above us. Bury were above us for two years, Stockport for five seasons - sobering thought when you look where Stockport are now….

Edited by oafcprozac

Don't forget the season we were relegated into this league both BUry and Rochdale were promoted above us. Bury were above us for two years, Stockport for five seasons - sobering thought when you look where Stockport are now….

The usual :censored:ty stats from Prozac. He makes it all up you know.

With a bit of luck we will lose three southern teams to the championship (Brighton, Saints and Posh) replaced by Scunny, Sheff U and Preston.

At the other end hopefully we will lose four southern teams in Bristol R, Daggers, Plymouth and Swindon, although I think at least one of Walsall and Notts C will go, if not both.

I think Chesterfield and Bury are nailed on, with a bit of luck someone like Shrews or Vale might join them.

Best case scenario is I think Chesterfield, Bury, Shrews, Vale, and you would have a scenario where well over half the teams in this division will be based above and in the midlands

Us

Carlisle

Hudders

Sheff U (down from C)

Scunny (down from C)

Sheff Wed

Preston (down from C)

Chesterfield(up from L2)

Bury (up from L2)

Rochdale

Tranmere

Hartlepool

If we are lucky, add two more from League 2 (probs from Rotherham, Vale or Shrews), keep Notts C and Walsall and that will give us a base of 16 teams based in the north or midlands, as opposed to the 8 teams we had north of walsall in 2009/2010

If we can get a situation where 16 of the teams in the division are based north of and including the midlands, we will have a maximum of 8 overnight stays, which I reckon compared to what we spent on overnight stays this seaosn and last season, ought to represent possibly a saving of a 5 figure sum

With a bit of luck we will lose three southern teams to the championship (Brighton, Saints and Posh) replaced by Scunny, Sheff U and Preston.

At the other end hopefully we will lose four southern teams in Bristol R, Daggers, Plymouth and Swindon, although I think at least one of Walsall and Notts C will go, if not both.

I think Chesterfield and Bury are nailed on, with a bit of luck someone like Shrews or Vale might join them.

Best case scenario is I think Chesterfield, Bury, Shrews, Vale, and you would have a scenario where well over half the teams in this division will be based above and in the midlands

Us

Carlisle

Hudders

Sheff U (down from C)

Scunny (down from C)

Sheff Wed

Preston (down from C)

Chesterfield(up from L2)

Bury (up from L2)

Rochdale

Tranmere

Hartlepool

If we are lucky, add two more from League 2 (probs from Rotherham, Vale or Shrews), keep Notts C and Walsall and that will give us a base of 16 teams based in the north or midlands, as opposed to the 8 teams we had north of walsall in 2009/2010

I think Northern/Midland teams next season will be...

Us

Sheffield Wednesday

Sheffield United

Chesterfield

Bury

Rochdale

Preston North End

Shrewsbury Town

Scunthorpe United

Tranmere Rovers

Walsall

Huddersfield Town

Carlisle United

Hartlepool United

Notts County

I carnt see dagenham staying up, even though notts county are a very poor side, i think allen could keep them up !

I think Northern/Midland teams next season will be...

Us

Sheffield Wednesday

Sheffield United

Chesterfield

Bury

Rochdale

Preston North End

Shrewsbury Town

Scunthorpe United

Tranmere Rovers

Walsall

Huddersfield Town

Carlisle United

Hartlepool United

Notts County

I carnt see dagenham staying up, even though notts county are a very poor side, i think allen could keep them up !

looking much better, will take the edge off another season in this division

Edited by Haribo_man