Latics Player 'Sent Home'

Well little things like Lee Hughes and 20 goal bonus getting shipped out to Blackpool, Stephens having made 59 starts and 60 triggering another payment to Bury .... I can't recall other ones but fairly sure there have been .... rumour away I say!

Silly boy if he's cost himself a contract.

Coincidences can occur also can't they?

As far as Stephens goes, has it been reliably confirmed there was a 60 appearance threshold for Bury?

But regardless, it seems apparant that it was Stephens who instigated this move. Even if there was a threshold, i'd be inclined to call this one as probably a total coincidence.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the whole team were non existent in the first half and in the second half he was one of the only players that had any attempt on goal - a header on to the top of the net and a shot just wide of the post.

At half time against Charlton i turned to my mate and said 10 against 10 now Dailly has been sent off , I didn’t need

to mention who I thought had gone missing for Latics - not good enough im afraid

maybe after not playing in the first team for a few months he should have stood out more

he didn’t do anything – he doesn’t do anything , thats why it would be no great loss if he leaves

As far as Stephens goes, has it been reliably confirmed there was a 60 appearance threshold for Bury?

But regardless, it seems apparant that it was Stephens who instigated this move. Even if there was a threshold, i'd be inclined to call this one as probably a total coincidence.

Yes, reported on our OS and Burys OS that we have to pay Bury 10k after he makes 15, 30, 45 and 60 appearances.

Yup.

Pretty sure that was widely reported when the fee was decided by the tribunal. He started 59 - although there was a fair few sub appearances over and above this number.

The football club holding contract and registration can refuse to do business. It suited to do business (although hopefully a £10k clause to Bury is tiny in comparison to any transfer fee that may come our way.

As for Jones, we don't know the truth. But I'm quite happy to use owtb to fan the flames of idle gossip until a better theory / real facts come along :grin:

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2341289,00.html

I hope that this isnt a white wash and we hear the players side of events.

But if the clubs version is untrue, then they will stop the player giving his side of the story. Ive heard a different story than that on the official site. This and it invloved a face to face argument with a senior coach, in which shop floor language was used, nothing more nothing less, which caused a massive over reaction by the senior coach.

from what i hear jones is not the only player to have problems with the bullying tactics of this certain member of the coaching staff most of them do.

from what i hear jones is not the only player to have problems with the bullying tactics of this certain member of the coaching staff most of them do.

It's clear that most of them don't listen, so no wonder coaching staff get exasperated.

Snidey comments like this really stick in my craw.

Got some thing to say then for gods sake say it man.

Edited by singe

It's clear that most of them don't listen, so no wonder coaching staff get exasperated.

Snidely comments like this really stick in my craw.

Got some thing to say then for gods sake say it woman.

<insert acronym>

Snidely comments like this really stick in my craw.

Got some thing to say then for gods sake say it man.

i have said it,the person isnt liked full stop.what effect this will have in the future if any remains to be seen hopefully none

We don't have many first team outfield coaches so he's already pretty much narrowed it down to Taggart, Duxbury or Butler already.

I thought Butler was a scout? And i cant see it being Dux hes been here for years now and never heard of this from him before now

He's a football coach not a :censored:ing social worker.

If they did what they were told, there wouldn't be a problem would there?

As for Jones, no idea why the club feel the need to tell all on the OS, but I agree with a previous poster - a little tantrum at not being picked is a good thing, but you get over it and train harder, you don't carry it on and square up to/swear at a coach.

Nice long journey home for him to consider his future...

We don't have many first team outfield coaches, so he's pretty much narrowed it down to Taggart, Duxbury or Butler already.

Duxbury's been around a long time. So I'd rule him out!

(Dean Kelly told a taxi driver who told me that his stay at Oldham ended becuase of "broken promises" - probably irrelevant to the bullying angle of things, but thought I'd throw it in anyway).

As for Jones, no idea why the club feel the need to tell all on the OS, but I agree with a previous poster - a little tantrum at not being picked is a good thing, but you get over it and train harder, you don't carry it on and square up to/swear at a coach.

Nice long journey home for him to consider his future...

maybe they feel the need to give there version before the players version can come out

Surely a good coach works with an individual to get the best out of them.

Telling them what to do and shouting if they fail is a fairly blunt way to change behaviour and likely to result in resentment, loss of respect and ultimately failure.

Perhaps Fergie's hairdryer treatment works best with the multi-talented international stars of Old Trafford, but I'd suggest it would be likely to destroy the confidence of a lower league footballer (and may explain why Roy Keane has failed at lesser football clubs).

Edited by opinions4u

If you were to speculate, what do you think the player's version is?

Players version?

Nasty <insert name: PD / GT / LD / PB x2> is being really horrible to me, and now I’ve been told i’m not playing tomorrow in the way I have been; I’m going to give him a piece of my mind; and i’m going to show I have passion & heart by squaring up to him and using lots of big nasty swear words

Maybe?

Surely a good coach works with an individual to get the best out of them.

Of course.

And that includes having the disciplinary standards to send a player home if he swears at you.

Players are basically like school children - they need clear boundaries and rules.

And occasionally they need shouting at.