Latics Player 'Sent Home'

Post 69, he pissed through the letterbox of Terry Tibbs' geriatric neighbour, then lit a newspaper wrapped around a turd and left it on her doorstep. The bastard.

No wonder he's been disciplined, quite frankly what did he expect, the club have conveniently left that detail out of the article on the OS. <_<

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this could of been avoided if he didn't storm off the pitch and just waited to have a quite word with dickov in private. So it's his own fault for acting like a child.

If this is an isolated incident then I agree with you, but who knows if he had already tried that approach and it got him nowhere or if Dickov had said before the Charlton game that he would be getting a run in the side and went back on that promise.

Maybe I'm giving Jones too much credit, but I don't see a clear innocent or guilty party at the moment and the OS has not convinced me otherwise.

If this is an isolated incident then I agree with you, but who knows if he had already tried that approach and it got him nowhere or if Dickov had said before the Charlton game that he would be getting a run in the side and went back on that promise.

Maybe I'm giving Jones too much credit, but I don't see a clear innocent or guilty party at the moment and the OS has not convinced me otherwise.

But even if he did ( Dickov ) go back on his promise, surley the mature thing to do is to wait after the training session then have a word with dickov about why he has gone back on his promise instead of making a big deal out of it.

I hope you're not suggesting people email SC or AH regarding an internal disciplinary matter. The club have already made a huge faux pas putting the details on the official site.

To be fair I think Diego is pointing out that rather than bitch and moan to all and sundry, they go directly to the person/people that will sort it out. Not this issue but in general terms.

Agreed - one side of the story isn't necessarily a fair reflection of events.

I'd be inclined to think that the events of Friday were a culmination of what's gone before and let's face it - we've all had those moments when a seemingly innocuous event triggers an OTT reaction in us as simmering resentments come to the surface - a bit like the Paul Scholes reaction to being outplayed for most of the game last Saturday.

But even if he did ( Dickov ) go back on his promise, surley the mature thing to do is to wait after the training session then have a word with dickov about why he has gone back on his promise instead of making a big deal out of it.

Depends, these things can be done spur of the moment when angry about it.

If i was Jones, i'd be pissed off aswell, he was brought in thinking that he would be playing most weeks, in his favoured position of CM. Granted he couldn't break through the Stephens-Furman partnership and can accept that he wasn't to get much time in CM with them two their, but he probably thought when Stephens left he would get his chance, but Lowe came in and Jones barely gets a chance, added that Lowe hasn't been a stand-out performer you can understand him being very frustrated by it. Shows how disappointed he is that he can't play. Sounds like Jones isn't the first one to be annoyed by the management team this season in terms of playing time when he was supposed to be a 'big player for us'

If i was Jones, i'd be pissed off aswell, he was brought in thinking that he would be playing most weeks, in his favoured position of CM. Granted he couldn't break through the Stephens-Furman partnership and can accept that he wasn't to get much time in CM with them two their, but he probably thought when Stephens left he would get his chance, but Lowe came in and Jones barely gets a chance, added that Lowe hasn't been a stand-out performer you can understand him being very frustrated by it. Shows how disappointed he is that he can't play. Sounds like Jones isn't the first one to be annoyed by the management team this season in terms of playing time when he was supposed to be a 'big player for us'

But still there is a time and place for him to show his frustration, he wont be doing himself and favours by storming off in a paddy. Like i said it most probably would of gone down a whole lot better if he had a private chat with dickov.

But still there is a time and place for him to show his frustration, he wont be doing himself and favours by storming off in a paddy. Like i said it most probably would of gone down a whole lot better if he had a private chat with dickov.

Like i said, can happen, more often than not, as a spur of the moment reaction.

Like i said, can happen, more often than not, as a spur of the moment reaction.

I seriously doubt any player is bought in thinking they are certs to play.

"Broken promises" is a cop out excuse every time. Nothing is certain in life.