Latics to Lose a Bit More Money?

It's not exactly the same that the whole point!!

Of course it is. You're point is all sentiment. There will be no replacing of old issues, there will be no erasing of history, you've still got yer sodding programmes to rub one out over. This is a choice, an option, not a change.

In the days of PDFs, I can't think it would cost a fortune to set up a secure system of buying match programmes electronically that doesn't make them easy to share for free.

If it's something that could be managed in-house for low to no cost, all the better.

Of course it is. You're point is all sentiment. There will be no replacing of old issues, there will be no erasing of history, you've still got yer sodding programmes to rub one out over. This is a choice, an option, not a change.

as eloquently persuasive as always....

I came up with the same idea about a online pay-per-download pdf about 5 years ago. Hardy said it wouldn't be "much good".

You can make whatever you want out of that answer.

Frustrating, but to be fair the internet wasn't as widely used then as it is now. I'm a youngster (compared to many of you lot anyway) and it was only about 5 years ago that I decided to look into "this internet".

It's a good idea though.

We're already being sold very short with our Latics Player subscriptions. Other clubs offer classic matches, other clubs offer pre-2009 highlights (that disappeared when it changed), other clubs offer ressies and yoofs highlights, other clubs offer extended highlights. I know there's a 'make do and mend' approach at Latics but our Latics Player is not value for money imo, when it could be so much more…

Well I've a theory that it's so cheap it costs us.

There's been a number of occasions where I've decided I'm too :censored: to go to Boundary Park. However if a trifling sum didn't provide me with live commentary and goal footage then I'd have been putting on some shades and getting a taxi. I'm sure there's others saving the increasingly poor value admission monies whilst satisfactorily following the club online for a pittance.

Something else for this Evolution...maybe be the first club to do it an launch a media camapign at us doing it...get some column inches and a GOOD story about us

Reason for edit - typo

Edited by bensonio

It does affect Latics.

The article says:

"The publisher’s liquidation documents show Arsenal as among Cre8 Publishing’s biggest unsecured creditors. Other football clubs owed monies are Celtic with £400,000,

Rangers at close to £500,000, West Ham United with

£103,000 and Tottenham at £42,000.

Latics did this to a lot if companies 'mine included' when they went into admin. Swings and roundabouts guys...

Aberdeen and Oldham Athletic football clubs are owed smaller amounts, while The Welsh Rugby Union has £120,000 outstanding."