Expectations / Ambitions

Expectations

- To give 110% every game. The season just gone, I felt Jones to name a few didn't give it their all.

I expect for us to take cups seriously and push on as last season was a joke and looekd like we didn't care to progress in the cup, i'd love to get drawn against a well known and local club.

Ambitions

- Playoffs/Automatic Promotion - I believe that we can do it, i seen some brilliant football from us in the first half of our season but we then bottled it and certain players of ours let us down.

Attendance & Atmosphere -

I know that our attendance has dropped immensely. I can not see this happening but i'd like to see it rise and atmosphere being created more so than just the few in the RRE. I don't think our attendance will rise next year but if we play good football throughout next year and are pushing for a auto-promotion place or playoff place it could bump up a little. Our attendance this season has been appauling.

Edited by AnthonyOAFC

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JPT is a great competition.

A few grounds you've never been to and the possibility of a day out at Wembley.

And the money that goes to Latics!

I disagree. Think it's a stupid competition. Unless you reach the final, you lose money on each game, which in the current climate, with many lower league clubs struggling financially, is ridiculous. It also adds uneccesary extra fixtures - must be talking 55-60 a game season if you reach the final, which adds extra pressure to a small squad such as ours.

And, whilst I can appreciate wanting a day out at Wembley, where's the glory really in winning a competition for the bottom two divisions, which clubs don't take seriously until the late stages?

I hope we get knocked out first round.

Probably beyond our control, but the Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Bury, Huddersfield, Rochdale and Preston games all to be on a Saturday and a home game against one of these to be the first game of the season.

At worst, a similar season to the one we’ve just had, but perhaps the good run and bad run better integrated, so we don’t have to have months of depressing results.

A confirmed date of when we’re going to move into our own newly built ground.

Probably beyond our control, but the Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Bury, Huddersfield, Rochdale and Preston games all to be on a Saturday and a home game against one of these to be the first game of the season.

At worst, a similar season to the one we’ve just had, but perhaps the good run and bad run better integrated, so we don’t have to have months of depressing results.

A confirmed date of when we’re going to move into our own newly built ground.

Rochdale away on a Tuesday night. The atmosphere wasn't the same on the Saturday.

Rochdale away on a Tuesday night. The atmosphere wasn't the same on the Saturday.

Would imagine the wind was taken out of both sets of fans' sails a bit after the abandonment.

I think generally Saturdays are better for these kind of games - not a school night, more time to travel for those who live further afield, etc. Surely a bigger gate is more likely on a Saturday?

Would imagine the wind was taken out of both sets of fans' sails a bit after the abandonment.

I think generally Saturdays are better for these kind of games - not a school night, more time to travel for those who live further afield, etc. Surely a bigger gate is more likely on a Saturday?

of course, non of that Tuesday night malarky again