Two more friendlies

Lashers at Home

Barrow away

Has Hardy not got anymore phone numbers?

We play the same teams year in year out and have done for years. FFS Scum and The Plastic Arabs are only down the road, surely they'd send a youth team or summat? Then there's Liverpool, Everton etc…whatever happened to Seattle Storm, Dynamo Tblisi and Banik Ostrava, Hibs, etc….

Lashers at Home

Barrow away

Has Hardy not got anymore phone numbers?

We play the same teams year in year out and have done for years. FFS Scum and The Plastic Arabs are only down the road, surely they'd send a youth team or summat? Then there's Liverpool, Everton etc…whatever happened to Seattle Storm, Dynamo Tblisi and Banik Ostrava, Hibs, etc….

And again not very interesting games. Two Championship clubs and Two non league clubs :(

And again not very interesting games. Two Championship clubs and Two non league clubs :(

Not arsed about the standard of opposition, but we have to endure playing the same teams and going to the same grounds year in year out in this graveyard of a division (Ok the Northern top heavy division next year is an exception to the last 6 or 7 years) surely it'd be nice to use our contacts to get a tour in Jockoland, NI or Eire at least. Failing that there's plenty of options other than bloody Blackpool and Burnley!

Edited by oafcprozac

You'd think with Dickov's contacts we'd be able to get City (youths probably) to come to BP and play. That could get a reasonable crowd even if it is mainly a lighter shade of blue than we'd want.

Although I'd love us to be a bit more adventurous with our away fixtures, I can fully understand that it costs money to play a few games in, say, Scotland. Money we don't have by a long stretch.

You'd think with Dickov's contacts we'd be able to get City (youths probably) to come to BP and play. That could get a reasonable crowd even if it is mainly a lighter shade of blue than we'd want.

Although I'd love us to be a bit more adventurous with our away fixtures, I can fully understand that it costs money to play a few games in, say, Scotland. Money we don't have by a long stretch.

Not whilst Brian Marwood is there, :censored: of the highest order. We had two or three lined up last pre-season, despite their millions he was unwilling to allow us to pay £500 per week towards their wages. He even over-ruled Garry Cook, really has delusions if grandeur - thinks he (Marwood) is building a legacy nay a dynasty. Personally I reckon the Mad Mullah couldn't give a flying :censored: whether Marwood counts beans or not….

Edited by oafcprozac

Most premiership sides go abroad now, then play a glamour side at home - so I cant see how we could get much better than what we have got.

Other than.... I'd look at seeing who are playing one of the local premiership sides and ask if they'd play us too a couple of days or the day before as a mini tour, even if they send the kids out. Everton played stuttgart one year, even if it was stuttgart reserves - I'd have a look how we did.

Makes me laugh way people are having ago, the club could play all there friendly games away or behind closed doors, allowing them to save money on stewards, turnstile, operators, police costs and floodlights. Still time for more sides to be announced.

Makes me laugh way people are having ago, the club could play all there friendly games away or behind closed doors, allowing them to save money on stewards, turnstile, operators, police costs and floodlights. Still time for more sides to be announced.

Also people talk of going on a tour even if only to Scotland, NI or Eire ! how we gonna pay the travelling and hotel costs ? we can't even pay the wages ! there is a reason why were playing locally we can't afford to go anywhere else, alright i'd agree they could be different teams !!

Also people talk of going on a tour even if only to Scotland, NI or Eire ! how we gonna pay the travelling and hotel costs ? we can't even pay the wages ! there is a reason why were playing locally we can't afford to go anywhere else, alright i'd agree they could be different teams !!

i said we cant afford to go on tour 9 posts ago

its a privilege to be ignored ya know, it means you are correct :wink:

MIght as fookin' well, cos not many are going to be arsed going to those games….

Edited by oafcprozac

i said we cant afford to go on tour 9 posts ago

its a privilege to be ignored ya know, it means you are correct :wink:

Usually if you're invited to tour the host FA will meet your costs. I'm sure we never paid the bills when going to the IOM etc...

Usually if you're invited to tour the host FA will meet your costs. I'm sure we never paid the bills when going to the IOM etc...

not much of a catch though are we if thats the case, im sure it would cost us something somewhere along the line

the games we have arranged up to yet are about right

Edited by creepy