Playershare fundraising

I would probably prefer to bet on a race by the sounds of it, but can't make the night, so I'll buy a horse instead - can I choose the horse I want (and prize I try to win) or are they given at random?

hmmm they are givin at random,there are 9 races on the disc.I could have watched the races before hand to give me a winning night but all bets and horses and jockeys picked before the race is chosen at random on the night.

;)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sight of that poor donkey being"encouraged" with a stick is really distressing me.:wink:

Please put me down for a horse.

For the poor animals sake take will you please follow suit?

Mate its acctually flogging a dead horse ;)

hmmm they are givin at random,there are 9 races on the disc.I could have watched the races before hand to give me a winning night but all bets and horses and jockeys picked before the race is chosen at random on the night.

;)

OK. Well put me down for a horse. How do I pay ? Is it possible to pay online i.e bank transfer or paypal ?

OK. Well put me down for a horse. How do I pay ? Is it possible to pay online i.e bank transfer or paypal ?

Poppin in the Rifle this affie will pick you an horse out and let you know the name and number,all winning horse owner prizes are meals for 2 in the Oldham area,jockey prizes will be a bottle of sambucca,just so you all know :gathering2:

Mr Yard Dog i put you Down for FiremanSam in Race Three :)

Is this some joke that has gone over my head ?

If not, cheers - my lad loves Fireman Sam, so perfect choice.

I couldn't make it t'Rifle today - bit short notice.

What do I do now - walk into the Rifle and say 'here's tenner for Fireman Sam ?' :huh:

Edited by Yard Dog

Is this some joke that has gone over my head ? no joke mate

If not, cheers - my lad loves Fireman Sam, so perfect choice.

I couldn't make it t'Rifle today - bit short notice. no problem

What do I do now - walk into the Rifle and say 'here's tenner for Fireman Sam ?' :huh:

if you can make it to the rifle that would be great,pop it in an envelope with race night yard dog.or we can arrange me picking it up.and thanks for your support :)

CMR any chance you message me the names of the horses i have backed that way i can drop the money off in the rifle on me way to work not sure if i can make it now you see?

Shergar and me giros missing ;)

CMR, I will be at the Rifle Range on Weds so I will this time hand my money over...doh!.

can you confirm that you still have two jockeys and one horse down for me at £20.00, or let me know what;s left as I have been a bit naughty and keep forgetting to leave the dosh...sad.gif

thanks

T

I’m constantly being told how great the Rifle Range is for Latics fans, and I know people will say “don’t be so daft ”, “let bygones be bygones”, “it’s all water under the bridge”, etc, but I still refuse to go in a J.W. Lees pub. I will still not put my mouth where the company's money is because it didn’t put its money where my heart was and still is. I used to avoid the Clayton Arms for the same reason, but went in once for the ‘do’ to welcome TTA, but I went thirsty all night. I don't want to rake over old coals but 'Stop The Rot' campaigners will know what I mean.

Because of that I’m unable to attend the Race Night at this pub, but I want to support PlayerShare. How do I go about sponsoring a horse, jockey, picking their names and paying the money, without going in the pub? I’ll be in Oldham on Thursday afternoon – any suggestions please?

I’m constantly being told how great the Rifle Range is for Latics fans, and I know people will say “don’t be so daft ”, “let bygones be bygones”, “it’s all water under the bridge”, etc, but I still refuse to go in a J.W. Lees pub. I will still not put my mouth where the company's money is because it didn’t put its money where my heart was and still is. I used to avoid the Clayton Arms for the same reason, but went in once for the ‘do’ to welcome TTA, but I went thirsty all night. I don't want to rake over old coals but 'Stop The Rot' campaigners will know what I mean.

Because of that I’m unable to attend the Race Night at this pub, but I want to support PlayerShare. How do I go about sponsoring a horse, jockey, picking their names and paying the money, without going in the pub? I’ll be in Oldham on Thursday afternoon – any suggestions please?

i'm sure if you contact underdog or lags by private message they will be happy to give you the details and how to go about it..

yes the rifle range is a latics pub,and yes it is j.w.lees beer....i beenin a few times for away matches but dont drink jwl beer,not because of the past,because its :censored:....there was a lot went on with jwl,but also a lot of other things went on as well when we hit the big time,and plenty of other people took plenty out of the club and stripped it bare...

Diego, u struggle not to sit in a Lees' pub near the ground, they're everywhere. Its the reason I started drinking Guinness! Their lager tastes like piss! Mind u, they do sell other products these days but back in the day it was Guinness, lees lager or holsten on tap, or red stripe in a can!

I'm constantly being told how great the Rifle Range is for Latics fans, and I know people will say "don't be so daft ", "let bygones be bygones", "it's all water under the bridge", etc, but I still refuse to go in a J.W. Lees pub. I will still not put my mouth where the company's money is because it didn't put its money where my heart was and still is. I used to avoid the Clayton Arms for the same reason, but went in once for the 'do' to welcome TTA, but I went thirsty all night. I don't want to rake over old coals but 'Stop The Rot' campaigners will know what I mean.

Because of that I'm unable to attend the Race Night at this pub, but I want to support PlayerShare. How do I go about sponsoring a horse, jockey, picking their names and paying the money, without going in the pub? I'll be in Oldham on Thursday afternoon – any suggestions please?

I know that you have helped Player Share in other ways i.e. purchase of pins

I have lived back locally now (near Mills Hill) for over 20 year and had only once in that time been into the Rifle Range.

Other commitments preventing me from going there both before or after a match

This changed towards the end of last season and I enjoy my quick visits for a drink

ADVERT OVER

If you are unable to get there to place "your wager" or collect your winnings I I will gladly take them up on your behalf

Another excuse to give to she who must be obeyedgrin.gif

I'm constantly being told how great the Rifle Range is for Latics fans, and I know people will say "don't be so daft ", "let bygones be bygones", "it's all water under the bridge", etc, but I still refuse to go in a J.W. Lees pub. I will still not put my mouth where the company's money is because it didn't put its money where my heart was and still is. I used to avoid the Clayton Arms for the same reason, but went in once for the 'do' to welcome TTA, but I went thirsty all night. I don't want to rake over old coals but 'Stop The Rot' campaigners will know what I mean.

Because of that I'm unable to attend the Race Night at this pub, but I want to support PlayerShare. How do I go about sponsoring a horse, jockey, picking their names and paying the money, without going in the pub? I'll be in Oldham on Thursday afternoon – any suggestions please?

Hi Diego, I the player share meeting is on Weds evening at the RR

CMR (Glynn) is the man who has kindly organised the night and collecting the money. I am sure he will be on with the donkey bashing stick later.

I think it is £5.00 to sponsor a jockey and £10.00 for a horse. If you want to you don't have "buy" a drink when you pop in but just leave the "monies" in an envelope over the bar.

Or instead, once confirmed with CMR what you want, I will leave the dosh with mine on Weds then meet you on Thursday this week if you like.

Sort it with CMR and just let me know Mr Sideburns

t

Mr Sideburns where and when`s best for you Thursday?.me number is ***Removed***

CMR is not my account i just hijacked it till this racenight is done.

Edited by Ackey
Number passed on via PM