Stirling Albion

http://www.stirlingobserver.co.uk/stirling-sport/stirling-football/stirling-albion/2011/06/08/trial-match-brings-in-6000-51226-28835689/

What a great idea. Charge £200 for people to take part in trials for the club. They made £6000 and have took 11 of the 39 players on for pre season traning. If they can offer one contract at the end of it it will be a great success. Something we should def have a look at i think.

I actually sent an email to Alan Hardy about this the other day with the same link, not yet had a reply from him.

Hi Alan,

This is just idea but I don't think we are in the position to totally dismiss it.

Saw this article on BBC Website and thought surely teams at a higher level than Stirling Albion should give this a try. Basically 30 players are paying £200 each to try to win a contract, so that's £6000 for the club and hopefully we unearth some quality talent give them a years contract to prove themselves. With us being at a higher level may be able to charge more than £200 and therefore make even more money for the club, sure it would create a lot of interest locally and nationally.

I heard an interview with a member of the Stirling board on Talksport, he said the standerd was reall good and ranged from a 16yr old school boy (who they have invited back for free next season)to a 31yr old who played a bit years ago in the scottish league but had not kicked a ball for 4 years, he is one of the players they have kept on. If they can attract 39 players im sure we could get that many, if not even more.

I actually sent an email to Alan Hardy about this the other day with the same link, not yet had a reply from him.

Hi Alan,

This is just idea but I don't think we are in the position to totally dismiss it.

Saw this article on BBC Website and thought surely teams at a higher level than Stirling Albion should give this a try. Basically 30 players are paying £200 each to try to win a contract, so that's £6000 for the club and hopefully we unearth some quality talent give them a years contract to prove themselves. With us being at a higher level may be able to charge more than £200 and therefore make even more money for the club, sure it would create a lot of interest locally and nationally.

Think you might find that Alan is on holiday until end of next week.

http://www.stirlingobserver.co.uk/stirling-sport/stirling-football/stirling-albion/2011/06/08/trial-match-brings-in-6000-51226-28835689/

What a great idea. Charge £200 for people to take part in trials for the club. They made £6000 and have took 11 of the 39 players on for pre season traning. If they can offer one contract at the end of it it will be a great success. Something we should def have a look at i think.

Thought at Latics it was the Fans v Staff match?! :grin:

If i remember rightly, way back in the 80's Latics launched an intitiative to bring youngsters through a soccer skills competition. The winner was guaranteed an apprenticeship with Latics. Mike Flynn was the winner and he went on to have a long and successful career in the 'middle leagues' with Latics, Preston and Stockport.

OI! i have a better record than our experienced pro warren feeney at bp so shush! :wink:

So have I and I've only got one leg.

Edit

(This is actually a lie. I have two legs....)

Edited by BlueJazzer