Chesterfield fans pretty convinced Donaldson is to be unveiled by them on Friday. Bigger clubs in for McDonald so unlikely I'd say. Pretty disheartening when reading through other clubs messageboards we seem to get a bit of a slating! Ridiculing the fact we're even in for the same players as them, Chesterfield especially (despite being comprised of almost entirely ex-Latic's). Would be rather sweet should we manage to nick one from under their noses, happened to ourselves enough in the past!

NB apologies if any of you read all that hoping for a name drop, I have nothing :pimp:

Chesterfield fans pretty convinced Donaldson is to be unveiled by them on Friday. Bigger clubs in for McDonald so unlikely I'd say. Pretty disheartening when reading through other clubs messageboards we seem to get a bit of a slating! Ridiculing the fact we're even in for the same players as them, Chesterfield especially (despite being comprised of almost entirely ex-Latic's). Would be rather sweet should we manage to nick one from under their noses, happened to ourselves enough in the past!

NB apologies if any of you read all that hoping for a name drop, I have nothing :pimp:

Dario Gradi expecting Donaldson to sign for Chesterfield

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crewe_alexandra/9525899.stm

So - it seems like the majority of our 'targets' will not materialize - Donaldson to Chesterfield, MVoto to Huddersfield, and no sign of McDonald I fear.

That leaves Cisak (possibly)to sign this week following on from Reid, Morais, Smith, Black & Winchester.

Looking forward to the next wave of rumours... :blink:

So - it seems like the majority of our 'targets' will not materialize - Donaldson to Chesterfield, MVoto to Huddersfield, and no sign of McDonald I fear.

That leaves Cisak (possibly)to sign this week following on from Reid, Morais, Smith, Black & Winchester.

Looking forward to the next wave of rumours... :blink:

Still have a feeling there might be some mileage in the McDonald one.

Looking at some of the other clubs that were linked with him they've either signed other strikers or in Charlton's case have surely now either spent or near enough spent their budget.

Love this classic from the rumours rubbish.

29 Jun 2011 09:57:34

Charlton Athletic are ready to sign Dale Stephens for a fee of :blink:400K and 20% sell on clause and bury are getting 40K of that money. :blink: Oldham are going to use the money to sign out of favour Norwich city striker Cody Macdonald for a fee of 250K. Oldham are close to signing former Crewe Alexandrea striker Clayton Donaldson for free and deal to be done by Friday. finally, Oldham are ready to get two keepers in the next two weeks with Acrrington Stanley keeper alex Ciask coming in for a compensation fee of 30k and oldham are ready to sign Ben Amos on loan for the season.

The same site mentions Ritchie Jones returning to the Latics. :shock:

Right Gradi said he donaldson is off to chesterfield, if so we just get on with it. But on that trusted rumours site its a newcastle player called donaldson. Also If donaldson as already signed as some chesterfield fans have stated wouldn't it be announced saying he would be signing on friday.

Edited by jburbri

A bit of artistic license there as Dario actually said that he is surprised that no one has contacted him but expects him to sign for 'someone' in the next few days

http://www.crewealex.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10414~2383160,00.html