Latics eye terriers striker!

:blink:

Where on that thread is anyone harping on about how much of a big club we are?

It's throughout that forum from what I've just seen..

We'll move aside and let massive Udders sign Cody Mcdonald and then set our sittes on your rejects..

Definitely a bit of that to be fair

Grief arent they up themselves these days...Can someone remind me what division they are in?? . setting themselves up for another season of failure we hope.

I wouldn't be too concerned if we did have another season of failure like the last two... they've been bloody brilliant. It would be great to get back to the Championship, but given that there are a lot of northern teams new to the division, another season in League One leaves a lot to look forward to.

HOT favourites for promotion and yet a bad start and LC will be out....

Doubt it. He's currently in talks over an extension. The majority still have him down as the right man for the job.

"Realistic targets" Hudders are in big trouble with salary cap after this season so have to reduce squad = cheap to free they will have lost £300k on Simpson. If they pay £550k for McDonald or a reported asking price of £1.5 million for Le Fondre... cough. Good luck to them as still unproven in this division.

Simpson was a mistake, but we've just made more than £3M profit from letting two of Clark's successful signings leave; that profit may cover all of Clark's spending since he got here.

Not sure where you've got McDonald and Le Fondre from, but I've seen nothing to suggest that we're after either. There are a few posts on DATM saying that we should sign them, but don't think they've ever been on Clark's radar.

As for the wage bill, Roberts rejected a new contract as we wanted a clause in that his wages would be cut if we didn't go up this season. We probably would have to balance the books a bit, but as far as I know, the salary cap only takes into account income, not overheads. Because of this, we will be able to balance our wage bill against our gate receipts without having the stadium rent that we have to pay to deal with, so reckon we'd come out of it quite well... if not we'll just get Deano to sponsor our ground! :lol:

Simpson looks to have been unlucky and has something to offer a lesser club than the MASSIVE Huddersfield... bless them.

He's been unlucky with injuries.

EDIT - Missed out a point.

Edited by SSH

If this is true and he does the business for latics I could not care less about him being a reject from hudds.

"Not sure where you've got McDonald and Le Fondre from, but I've seen nothing to suggest that we're after either. There are a few posts on DATM saying that we should sign them, but don't think they've ever been on Clark's radar."

Well according to some of your fans on twitter a month ago some of u lot were gloating that Oldham had missed out and he was going to huddersfield.

ATHLETIC are believed to be lining up a swoop for Huddersfield striker Robbie Simpson as their summer search for reinforcements intensifies.

Simpson (26), who also operates on the wing, has been told he can leave the Galpharm Stadium.

He has been restricted to cameo appearances in the Terriers’ recent friendlies.

The former Coventry hitman scored a superb volley against Athletic at Boundary Park last season while on loan at Brentford.

Athletic boss Paul Dickov is desperate to create more competition for places up front by bringing in at least one forward to give Reuben Reid, Warren Feeney, Matt Smith and Ryan Brooke a run for their money.

It is also hoped the club’s trialist central holding midfielder — who cannot be named at this stage for what Dickov says are “a number of reasons” — will complete his deal by the end of the week.

He figured in last night’s 0-0 draw with npower Championship outfit Burnley, although this latest good result against high-class opposition wasn’t enough to get Dickov over-excited.

Edited by razza699

ATHLETIC are believed to be lining up a swoop for Huddersfield striker Robbie Simpson as their summer search for reinforcements intensifies.

Simpson (26), who also operates on the wing, has been told he can leave the Galpharm Stadium.

He has been restricted to cameo appearances in the Terriers’ recent friendlies.

The former Coventry hitman scored a superb volley against Athletic at Boundary Park last season while on loan at Brentford.

Athletic boss Paul Dickov is desperate to create more competition for places up front by bringing in at least one forward to give Reuben Reid, Warren Feeney, Matt Smith and Ryan Brooke a run for their money.

It is also hoped the club’s trialist central holding midfielder — who cannot be named at this stage for what Dickov says are “a number of reasons” — will complete his deal by the end of the week.

He figured in last night’s 0-0 draw with npower Championship outfit Burnley, although this latest good result against high-class opposition wasn’t enough to get Dickov over-excited.

If it was just the chron reporting it I wouldn't take any notice because i am still waiting for falconbridge to sign. But if huddersfields local paper is reporting it their might be some truth in it.

If it was just the chron reporting it I wouldn't take any notice because i am still waiting for falconbridge to sign. But if huddersfields local paper is reporting it their might be some truth in it.

The Chron, The Sun, Daily Mirror and Manchester Evening News all reported we are getting Jose Baxter on loan. Im still waiting....

The Chron, The Sun, Daily Mirror and Manchester Evening News all reported we are getting Jose Baxter on loan. Im still waiting....

But he was all set too come but didn't everton have a striking crisis at the beginning of last season and thats why we plumped for tonkara on loan, who maybe going to huddersfield.

Published TODAY

Norwich set to axe SIX members of promotion-winning side

Norwich manager Paul Lambert has told six of his promotion-winners they have no place in his Premier League plans.

Former Rangers full back Steven Smith heads the list which also includes Stephen Hughes, Owain Tudur-Jones, winger Anthony McNamee and strikers Cody McDonald and Oli Johnson.

Lambert said: "It is up to the players to make their agents work for them. There is no room for them here now." NO CHANCE THEN....

"They did not come with us when we trained abroad and I cannot see us using them next season.

"None of them are any problem. It is just that we have brought in new players for the challenge ahead and we there is no gap for those already here."

Smith was wanted by Aberdeen while McDonald, who spent last season on loan at Gillingham, has been in talks with Oldham.

all of them could do a job for us, on loan or a cheeky permanent bid. but i can see most ending up at championship clubs